Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Favorite weapons in anime/manga

MangaHelper 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jakensama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite weapons in anime/manga

Anime and manga, particularly of the action variety, tend to go very fantastical with weapons. What r some of your personal favs?

For me...

Weapon: Microfiliament wires (Walter from Hellsing)

Reason: He wields these multiple wires stretching them in various ways and cutting through enemies with ruthless efficiency. Piano wire has long been a staple in mob movies, but this takes it to the next level.

Weapon: Death Note (wielded by shinigami, Misa, Kira in Death note)

Reason: It is perhaps the most thought provoking weapon in all of anime/manga. Ability to kill by simply writing a name, and you can choose the method. With such godlike power what would u do? You take away the chance of getting caught as well as the chance of failing and getting killed yourself. Simply it takes all risk out of the equation, and with that I think people would kill so much more easily. Corrupt politicians, rapists, molestors, convicts set free early, people u don't like, etc. It would be a strong test to anyone's morality.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member zzigg's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite weapons in anime/manga

Kurapika ..from hunter x hunter

Kurapika can conjure a unique weapon — five chains that extend from each finger on his right hand. Some of the fingers were specially designed to deal vengeance on the Phantom Troupe members. To increase the effectiveness of his chains against them, Kurapika placed strict Limitations on the usage of his chains.so that it can only be used to deal with members of the Phantom Troupe. If this condition is violated, Kurapika will die

- Holy Chain...it can heal serious injuries, such as a fractured arm, within seconds.
    -Chain Jail...Shaped like a hook, it wraps around Spiders and restricts their movement. It also forcefully causes its prisoners to enter Zetsu, shutting off their aura and preventing the use of Nen abilitie
    -Dowsing Chain... Shaped like a ball and chain, Kurapika uses this frequently under normal situations, for defensive and offensive purposes. It is also useful for other investigative activities, like determining the location of missing individuals
    -Judgment Chain....The Stake of Retribution, a blade on the end of the Judgment Chain, enters the victim's body and wraps around the heart. Kurapika sets two conditions and if the victim violates either one, the chain crushes their heart
    - The purpose of the chain on Kurapika's index finger has yet to be revealed.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

- I like the butterflies used by Tyki Mikk from D.Gray-man. A beautiful and unusual thing that can cause a lethal damage.

- The bows and arrows of Ishida from Bleach are also beautiful. I have a thing for bow and arrows.

- Gaara's sand is also an unusual weapon from Naruto. It requires great ability and the visual results are great.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I love swords so any character with a sword has the coolest weapons imo.

To be more specific, my favourite weapon is Mukuro and Chrome's trident and how they use it in conjunction with their illusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Asclepius View Post
    - I like the butterflies used by Tyki Mikk from D.Gray-man. A beautiful and unusual thing that can cause a lethal damage.
    Agreed, and I think "beautiful" is a perfect way to describe Tease (Teez?).

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i love kurapika's chains also

i love all of ichigo's zanpakuto abilities

i also love kanda yuu's mugen from D-gray man

& i love kisame's samehada from naruto as well as several others
    Last edited by REN KOUEN; May 28, 2013 at 12:25 PM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna go with a very original weapon or more weapons.

Umineko's Red and Blue Truth.

Umineko isn't about physical fighting it's about intellectual battles and these two are the main weapons.

The Red Truth is a weapon used by the Witch Side representing an fact that is undeniable needing no evidence or proof to support but can have multiple interpretations thus must be used with care as it leaves room to attack for the humans.

A primary example is this about the murder of Nanjo.
    Spoiler show

The Red Truth is a means for the Witch Side to prove their existence in this case:
    There are 18 people.
    15 are dead.
    Nanjo died last.
    Only 3 are alive.None of the 3 did it.
    Yet neither of the 14 killed could have done it.
    Yet one of the 18 did it.
    And it was murder.

Meanwhile, the Blue Truth is the weapon for the Human Side , a theory or possibility, to deny the existence of the Supernatural and to explain it with sound logic and reasoning.
    Just like the Red Truth it comes with a twist that the Witch Side must counter it with the Red Truth, if they cannot, the Human Side has won.

An example of the Blue Truth:
    Spoiler show

Here is a battle of the two truths:
    Spoiler show

While they are "intellectual weapons" it doesn't mean they can't hurt or can't manifest.
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Beatrice; May 28, 2013 at 02:56 PM.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member zzigg's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

feiten from hunter x hunter

spoiler for non manga readers

Spoiler show
    Last edited by zzigg; May 28, 2013 at 03:23 PM.

New Reply