Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Akatsuki Powers!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member naruto the best's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Akatsuki Powers!!!

^Very true, not to mention his control over the Kyuubi. We all know Tobi was an awesome badass with his mask and was a master manipulator. He managed to persuade someone as monster strong as Kisame. Heck manga agrees of his command over Nagato. Both Itachi and Nagato were fooled of thinking he's the real Madara. An awesome villain at that, then Kishi turned him into something people blew suck. But even then the 'take away game' shouldn't be put in this corner. Because even with that we can still put arguments how Nagato or Itachi would win against him. Take it away and there's no argument at all, except for biases and shitting. That's what this character got from majority of the fandom.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    How could it not have anything to do with liking when you already stated one of the reasons for taking Kamui away was your biased against him and dislike of him more than dislike of Nagato. it has something to do with it even if you want to deny. It doesn't matter if you hate Nagato too. Fact is, Obito was born with his eyes and the abilities that come with them. Nagato, not so much. So to try and play Takeaway with Obito and claim that Nagato is above him, knowing what we know, puts you at some Sasuke hater level bias.
    Took away Rinnegan from Nagato and still think he's above Obito. Just give Obito candy and Nagato would win the fight. While he was born with his eyes, he's less of a threat with his Kamui than Nagato is with the given Rinnegan. Hell, we don't know how Nagato would fare against the jinchuuriki, and I dunno if we'll see it if Madara doesn't fight Tobi or use Rinnegan if he does fight Tobi.

Quote Quote:
    The eyes themselves, simply having them, is what allowed Nagato to accomplish everything that he did. Hell, it was the reason that he was alive to be trained by Jiraiya. so let's make this fair, take away the Sharingan, Obito is still a chunin level ninja. Sucky, but still chunin level. Take away the Rinnegan (Madara never gives it to him) Nagato is a dead civilian. Civilian with senju heritage, but still dead.
    Simply havin them would not be enough, other than surviving attacks when emotionally distressed. Nagato still had to train to use his power as well as he did. I don't know about Tobi after Rin's death though.

Obito would be dead as well if Gai wanted to kill Obito. I was about to ask what Nagato you were talking about, but no point since Nagato that trained with Jiraiya was as good as he was because of Rinnegan. <_< But taijutsu isn't related to Rinnegan, is it?

Quote Quote:
    Given Obito's Own genjutsu prowess, why can't He resist Itachi's genjutsu? Or ensnare Nagato for that matter? I can buy Itachi having more powerful genjutsu abilities based simply on the fact that Tsukuyomi is greater than Sharingan: genjutsu. However, Tsukuyomi was not used in either Deidara or Orochimaru's case. And let's not forget that Obito mind controlled a perfect host for years. Somebody with a defense against genjutsu in the form of a demon.
    What genjutsu prowess? Performing genjutsu on two stationary shinobi? Izanagi (that seemingly any Uchiha can do?)? Being able to control the Kyuubi, possibly thanks to Hashirama's DNA? Itachi's genjutsu prowess, Tsukuyomi or his other arsenal of genjutsu, is just too great that it makes me wonder if Tobi can fight back. I don't know about Nagato.

Jinchuuriki don't automatically get defense against genjutsu just because of their bijuu, otherwise Naruto wouldn't have needed Sakura and Chiyo to break out of a clone of Itachi with 30% his chakra's genjutsu. Nor would Kabuto's genjutsu have put him to sleep like it did many of the chuunin exam audience. If it did, then Itachi would stand absolutely no chance against Tobi with Juubi sealed inside him.

In fact, I don't think anything affords automatic or good defense against genjutsu other than full cooperation between bijuu and jinchuuriki, probably.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Took away Rinnegan from Nagato and still think he's above Obito. Just give Obito candy and Nagato would win the fight. While he was born with his eyes, he's less of a threat with his Kamui than Nagato is with the given Rinnegan. Hell, we don't know how Nagato would fare against the jinchuuriki, and I dunno if we'll see it if Madara doesn't fight Tobi or use Rinnegan if he does fight Tobi.
    Pretty funny of you, point still stands. it doesn't matter who is the bigger threat with what. If you're gonna take away from one take away from the other. The reason why that sucks so much more for Nagato is because the eyes were literally given to him.

Quote Quote:
    Simply havin them would not be enough, other than surviving attacks when emotionally distressed. Nagato still had to train to use his power as well as he did. I don't know about Tobi after Rin's death though.

Obito would be dead as well if Gai wanted to kill Obito. I was about to ask what Nagato you were talking about, but no point since Nagato that trained with Jiraiya was as good as he was because of Rinnegan. <_< But taijutsu isn't related to Rinnegan, is it?
    Simply having them is what allowed him to survive in the first place. The blackout Kills. And just like I said in our other discussion involving him, regardless of his training with Jiraiya he used none of that outside of flashbacks. Training for the path abilities, like I said before, is assumptions and benefit of the doubt at most. Where is this massive feat of Taijutsu that you keep mentioning for Nagato?

Gai is a shinobi of the leaf. At the time, so was Obito. Honestly I don't think anything more has to be said than that. Nagato's situation is far different.

Quote Quote:
    What genjutsu prowess? Performing genjutsu on two stationary shinobi? Izanagi (that seemingly any Uchiha can do?)? Being able to control the Kyuubi, possibly thanks to Hashirama's DNA? Itachi's genjutsu prowess, Tsukuyomi or his other arsenal of genjutsu, is just too great that it makes me wonder if Tobi can fight back. I don't know about Nagato.
    Yagura being a perfect Host was controlled by him for years. Your argument was that he'd get caught like Deidara or Orochimaru. How would it be so easy if that's what we're going by? Nagato has been shown to be susceptible to genjutsu, auditory it may be, he's still been shown to be susceptible to it.

Quote Quote:
    Jinchuuriki don't automatically get defense against genjutsu just because of their bijuu, otherwise Naruto wouldn't have needed Sakura and Chiyo to break out of a clone of Itachi with 30% his chakra's genjutsu. Nor would Kabuto's genjutsu have put him to sleep like it did many of the chuunin exam audience. If it did, then Itachi would stand absolutely no chance against Tobi with Juubi sealed inside him.

In fact, I don't think anything affords automatic or good defense against genjutsu other than full cooperation between bijuu and jinchuuriki, probably.
    I did not say that hosts get automatic defense. Yagura was a perfect host, perfect implies that he had collaboration with the Sanbi. which means that the three tails would have the capability to get him out of Genjutsu. so I am fully aware of everything you Claim, but that's not what I said.
    Last edited by KiSwordsman; August 24, 2013 at 11:16 AM.

New Reply
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11