Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Who is the best in each element?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is the best in each element?

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    This argument stemmed from the use of his Raiton Armor and my point that it doesn't increase one's speed. I also wanted to point out, that while he is indeed fast, the Third Raikage is not faster than the fastest shinobi in the manga (Naruto, A, Bee, Minato and Itachi). His armor is meant for offense and defense, not speed.

The Raiton Armor he uses does not increase speed, nor does the A's. It increase their reflexes. These two shinobi are already incredibly fast because they are huge and have massive muscles. This is a misnomer that everyone likes to point out.

The Raikage always had the speed to dodge Amaterasu, he simply lacked the reflexes without powering up. Same thing happened when fighting Minato. He proved on foot he is faster than Minato, but he needed his Raiton Armor's ability to increase his synapses to react to his Hirashin (which was moot seeing as how Minato tagged him). Minato's reflexes surpassed his own, allowing him to react and use Hirashin just quick enough where A didn't take his head off.
    I follow you on all of that I just wanted to make it clear that the raikages speed still is impressive

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    He outmanoeuvred Naruto's chakra arm at the last moment, and then avoided the return shot. Naruto himself referenced the Third's speed, the image of A in the background was there for a reason.

Pain dodged FRS from distance, the Third avoided Naruto's chakra arm and then a Rasenshuriken from less than a metre from behind. Those two things aren't even close to being the same thing.
    Pain dodged the FRS that appeared right in front of him. It wasn't at "a distance" as he already destroyed the first one and had to dodge one that was not much father a distance than Naruto's FRS was from The Third Raikage. And Pain did it while contesting two clones.

Just look at the links xXan posted. Notice the distance in the first link

http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/441/17 - Distance he notices it.
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/442/5
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/442/6
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/442/7 - Him stabbing each clone while dodging

And now the Raikage

Again, I am not impressed. Also not saying the Third isn't fast, but to say he's some speed demon like his son is a misnomer.

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    I follow you on all of that I just wanted to make it clear that the raikages speed still is impressive
    Then what was the point of saying what you did? I just refuted the claim that he's Top 5 in speed, not that he wasn't fast.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Pain dodged the FRS that appeared right in front of him. It wasn't at "a distance" as he already destroyed the first one and had to dodge one that was not much father a distance than Naruto's FRS was from The Third Raikage. And Pain did it while contesting two clones.

Again, I am not impressed. Also not saying the Third isn't fast, but to say he's some speed demon like his son is a misnomer.
    I'm pretty sure the distances between the two are different, the Raikage noticed the attack, what appeared to be, mere inches from his face. The Raikage dodged an attack that was much closer to him from behind after having just dodged an attack from Naruto's chakra arm after being blinded by the sun. His feat was very different from Pain's, not that Pain's wasn't impressive. And it was a Chakra Mode Naruto that said the Third was incredibly fast like A.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member naruto the best's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Then what was the point of saying what you did? I just refuted the claim that he's Top 5 in speed, not that he wasn't fast.
    Let's see for top 5....

Minato in the battle is surely the fastest as he can teleport himself instantly to any location marked with kunais. Raikage A said after Minato's death no one is faster than him.

A is incredibly fast too that he was able to match Kyuubi Mode Naruto!

Well no question to speedy prowess of Kyuubi Mode Naruto.

This leaves for the remaining two......

Sasuke is pretty fast too. Tobi once appreciated Sasuke's speed during the fight with Deidara. Sasuke even part 1 was able to imitate Lee's speed and now with his given powers he's faster than ever. I'm pretty sure he can avoid FRS just like Tendo pain avoided it and Sasuke's faster. (except for that very close FRS against the 3rd Raikage)

Gai is a pretty strong candidate too. In gates wow even Lee had shown incredible blink eye speed. So he can do better. When asked by Kakashi how he fought with Itachi, he said he concentrated with Itachi's movements while not looking at his eyes. And it's his speed and taijitsu that remark him for that. So no question Gai can escape from FRS. (except for that very close FRS against the 3rd Raikage again).

Killer Bee(able to go toe and toe with Sasuke) and Kakashi can be candidates too .

We haven't much have time with the 3rd Raikage but his feats so far can be beaten with the conclusion that he can't be put in the top 5 so far. But still I'm impressed with his speed and one of the greatest shinobis out there!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Since there are a lot of disagreements, I'm going to list my top 2.

Katon:
    Obito
    Madara

Sution:
    Kisame
    Second Mizukage

Duton:
    Oonoki
    Dedaria

Futon:
    Danzou
    Asuma

Ration:
    Sasuke
    Kakashi
    Last edited by Prince Sasuke; May 21, 2013 at 04:24 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

You should have the Second Mizukage about Suigetsu, they are from the same clan and the Second Mizukage has the Chibi clone jutsu thing of his which is a devastating attack.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    Since there are a lot of disagreements, I'm going to list my top 2.

Katon:
    Obito
    Madara

Sution:
    Kisame
    Second Mizukage

Duton:
    Oonoki
    Dedaria

Futon:
    Danzou
    Asuma

Ration:
    Sasuke
    Kakashi
    Why Obito?
    When did he ever shown any Fire skills?

Compared to Madara and Itachi/Sasuke, he's not really that great.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Mei seems to have pretty powerful Suiton attacks as she managed to quell down flames from one of Madara's massive Katon attack that took several water guns to control on another occasion. I would put her right under Kisame.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Why Obito?

That Uchiha fire wall Tobi used to stop bee from hitting Gedo Mazo was a great defense fire jutsu. That's probably the only fire jutsu that we've seen strictly for defense. And his other Karin's are just impressive as Sasuke and Itachi. That's why I have him first.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Why Obito?

Recently. It seems to match Madara's range. Not to mention his Katon barrier that withstood Hachibi's punches.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member scandalous''s Avatar
    Country
    Suriname
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Dude Amaterasu is a Katon. It was clasified as such for a LONG time now... Amaterasu is classified by the Databook as a katon. The most powerfull katon, but still a katon.

I seriously don't get what you are stating there? That Sasuke and Itachi don't have MASTERY over Amaterasu? They have the ULTIMATE fire tech and also mastery over it.

From what i can see your post falls under 1 of 2 things:

1-You where stating Sasuke does not have mastery over Amaterasu and that would make your post nonsense.
    2-You where not stating Sasuke does not have mastery over Amaterasu and that would make your post irrelevant.

In case i did not get your post please elaborate as i sure don't get what you are trying to say.

Now why is Sasuke>Itachi in Katon? Because he showed greater mastery over Amaterasu and even stronger katons (normal ones) as he was pushing Itachi's Katon BACK forcing Itachi to shoot Amaterasu or be burned alive (well i gues he could also use Susano but that is another thing).
    Let me elaborate. The subject of the topic is "Who is the greatest user of a specific element" Not "who has the strongest or greatest elemental jutsu."

The person I quoted stated that; just by HAVING amaterasu, you were automatically the greatest katon jutsu user in the narutoverse, something that is wrong when going by the topic rules. According to the person I quoted, itachi was and always had been the best katon user until sasuke gained amaterasu as well.

As an example I'll use this, hopefully it makes sense. Let's say itachi has amaterasu which ranks at 10. And he has 3 other techniques which all rank at 5. Now madara has 15 katon jutsu which all rank at 9. Who is the better katon user? I'd say madara.

The point I was trying to make with having mastered a certain technique was that just by having the strongest technique of a certain element, doesn't make you the greatest in that field.

As an example in my previous post I used itachi and sasuke's amaterasu. While both have the "ultimate katon" it's evident that sasuke is the better user among the two since itachi has not demonstrated any use of enton what so ever. Thus, making sasuke the better katon user in this case. My point being, just having the strongest jutsu doesn't make you the greatest user, since you also have to master it fully.

I hope I made a bit more sense now:P
    Last edited by scandalous'; May 21, 2013 at 04:56 PM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scandalous'
    Let me elaborate. The subject of the topic is "Who is the greatest user of a specific element" Not "who has the strongest or greatest elemental jutsu."
    Yup. This is why I can't keep Raikage (either one) on the same tier as Sasuke when it comes to Raiton mastery. It seems to be the common consensus that just because that one Raiton jutsu in their employ has so many uses, it makes them better at Raiton mastery than Sasuke, who has multiple different raiton for multiple different situations (one of which stated to be beyond what the Raikage are capable of performing).

Not to mention the difficulty and level of skill needed for each one. The Raikage rely on their Bijuu level chakra to just pump chakra through there body, and then use shape manipulation to condense it into armor. I think it takes far less shape manipulation skill to just coat your body than to make several different shapes with different effects (accurate chakra control, not just a lot of chakra). It takes even more skill than that to take control of an attack not made of your own chakra (say, a lightning bolt).

I guess all I'm saying is, the combination of strength, practicality, ingenuity, reliability, and versatility determines who would be the best.

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by scandalous'
    As an example I'll use this, hopefully it makes sense. Let's say itachi has amaterasu which ranks at 10. And he has 3 other techniques which all rank at 5. Now madara has 15 katon jutsu which all rank at 9. Who is the better katon user? I'd say madara.
    There's another facet to take into consideration: what if all of Madara's katon are the same (regular projectiles) while Itachi's Katon/Amaterasu has multiple forms and types? Or Madara's take an absurd amount of chakra, while Itachi's doesn't?

These are just examples.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4