Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Bullets" in the new world

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

"Bullets" in the new world

Hey guys, I have always wondered how snipers and ranged fighters can survive in the new world. The reason why this is questionable is because even at the very beginning of one piece nobody was ever harmed by bullets. Everybody could withstand them or dodge them.

In the new world people are even faster and stronger. The obvious solution: Haki. But I'm not sure HOW haki can affect the bullets of guns. Do they make them faster aswell? If not, then guns would be useless even with haki, which they are obviously not (http://www.mangapanda.com/103-49210-...apter-579.html - even if Kizaru might be trolling). Or do snipers just need insane Observation Haki in order to hit their target?

I'm just curious because Yasopp and Ben Beckman seem to be feared and Van Augur should be able to use haki by now aswell.

Your thoughts?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: "Bullets" in the new world

I'm certain that they are imbued with Haki. If Haki can be transmitted to swords, then they should be transmitted to pretty much anything, including guns and bullets. That probably makes them faster and able to hit DF users. We saw something similar in Kuja, with the Haki-imbued arrows. The concept is the same.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vagabond87's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KuroKarasu View Post
    Hey guys, I have always wondered how snipers and ranged fighters can survive in the new world. The reason why this is questionable is because even at the very beginning of one piece nobody was ever harmed by bullets. Everybody could withstand them or dodge them.

In the new world people are even faster and stronger. The obvious solution: Haki. But I'm not sure HOW haki can affect the bullets of guns. Do they make them faster aswell? If not, then guns would be useless even with haki, which they are obviously not (http://www.mangapanda.com/103-49210-...apter-579.html - even if Kizaru might be trolling). Or do snipers just need insane Observation Haki in order to hit their target?

I'm just curious because Yasopp and Ben Beckman seem to be feared and Van Augur should be able to use haki by now aswell.

Your thoughts?
    Well we cant elaborate much on this subject mostly because as it is for now we didnt saw much "action" so to say from snipers in New World. As far as haki goes Vergo was shown to imbue with haki dart from his bamboo and it was enough to- presumably as it was dodged- heavily wound Smoker who is experienced logia user capable of using CoA to good extent as he was shown to cover his arm with black CoA "shell". When Vergo was about to shoot Smoker the later had look on his face pointing that it would be very dangerous to get hit, maybe even fatal.
    So projectiles such as bullets or darts can be imbued with haki to such degree that they can pose a threat even to logia users- Kizaru being stopped in his tracks by Beckman pointing a gun at him(as you pointed) is another good example.

Van Augur shooting birds that were presumably thousands of meters from him might be a sign to his great CoO.
    As I said we have to wait till we see more so we can elaborate more in thread that you created.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

It was first shown with Amazon arrows. It probably applies to any object and Haki probably remains in the object even when it's thrown away. Well, for a while anyway.

I wonder if that's the principle behind vivre cards. Perhaps it works by imbuing Haki of the vivcre card owners into the paper. Correct me if I'm wrong, but so far, anyone who was shown having his or her vivre card was a Haki user. We don't know who Lola's mother is, but seeing how she's supposed to be kind of a big deal among NW pirates, it goes without saying.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well seeing as the shooter could be just as fast as their opponent, I see them being able to keep up with them easily. As for how fast bullets move and hit people when we've seen people dodge them... I don't know. I guess mods? Or just good prediction and planning? Along with Haki imbued weapons, I'm sure there can be weapons that have consumed DF's similarly to Funkfreed. There are also probably different types of ammunition.
    Last edited by eefrit; May 19, 2013 at 05:05 PM.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    It was first shown with Amazon arrows. It probably applies to any object and Haki probably remains in the object even when it's thrown away. Well, for a while anyway.

I wonder if that's the principle behind vivre cards. Perhaps it works by imbuing Haki of the vivcre card owners into the paper. Correct me if I'm wrong, but so far, anyone who was shown having his or her vivre card was a Haki user. We don't know who Lola's mother is, but seeing how she's supposed to be kind of a big deal among NW pirates, it goes without saying.
    It is questionable if Ace can master his Haki, though. To me, his inability to beat Smoker suggests otherwise. Seeing as they were said to be made in the New World, I think some shop/company/whatever produces them based on blood or DNA samples. That doesn't explain why the Vivre card burns when the target is in poor health though, but Haki doesn't either. It's most likely something fantastical.

Lola's Mother is probably Big Mom. The resemblance is there.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

On a different note though, I hope Lysopp will learn Haki soon. Only fighting with seastone and his stupid plants (yes - I HATE his new abilities) is getting boring. I personally generally like that it is a long way to the title "pirate king" and that Lysopp will be the best Sniper by then - this means at least 2 forms of haki...

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    It is questionable if Ace can master his Haki, though. To me, his inability to beat Smoker suggests otherwise.
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-2265-...apter-158.html

As far as we know, there was no fight. Just Ace stopping Smoker's attack and then talking him off pursuing SH. He arrives to Merry pretty fast after that. So I don't know where you get that "inability to beat Smoker" from.

You didn' write anything about vivre cards that isn't already known. I was wondering if it could be Haki related, that's all. Don't know what you mean by "fantastical", as if Haki itself isn't just that.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangareader.net/103-2265-...apter-158.html

As far as we know, there was no fight. Just Ace stopping Smoker's attack and then talking him off pursuing SH. He arrives to Merry pretty fast after that. So I don't know where you get that "inability to beat Smoker" from.

You didn' write anything about vivre cards that isn't already known. I was wondering if it could be Haki related, that's all. Don't know what you mean by "fantastical", as if Haki itself isn't just that.
    Gah, I guess it's another remnant of my anime-watching days where the fight lasted several minutes in a stalemate. I retract my statement in that case, it seems like Ace being able to use Haki at will is a possibility. Given that at least Marco, Jozu and Whitebeard can use it, then it's likely that he can do that too.

By 'fantastical' I meant that it could be something like the card 'sensing' the target's life force through whatever the connection between them is.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    By 'fantastical' I meant that it could be something like the card 'sensing' the target's life force through whatever the connection between them is.
    Well that's what I meant. If the user can imbue a missile weapon with Haki it means it is connected to him in a way. We heard vivre cards are made with finger nails but didn't really know what it is that vivre cards actually monitor. What kind of force or magic it was. Now when we know a thing or two about Haki, it could explain how the piece of paper is able to provide real time position or health status of a person. It's offtopic anyway. It just occured to me by accident while I was typing about Amazon arrows, lol.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that's what I meant. If the user can imbue a missile weapon with Haki it means it is connected to him in a way. We heard vivre cards are made with finger nails but didn't really know what it is that vivre cards actually monitor. What kind of force or magic it was. Now when we know a thing or two about Haki, it could explain how the piece of paper is able to provide real time position or health status of a person. It's offtopic anyway. It just occured to me by accident while I was typing about Amazon arrows, lol.
    Meh, there isn't anything to add about OP's question, we might as well discuss this

Anyway. It is certainly possible. It is actually plausible that it would be Haki, now that I think about it. Haki is supposed to be linked to the 'spirit'. Perhaps the burning of the vivre card signifies the spirit 'burning up' (i.e. dying).

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Your thoughts?
    we have already seen haki imbued arrows so bullets can be handled the same way,i guess.about bullets being faster,i have no idea how that can be possible but if haki force can be used to stop something,it can also be used to push something.so,yeah,i think it's haki that makes the bullet faster.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

On a different note though, I hope Lysopp will learn Haki soon. Only fighting with seastone and his stupid plants (yes - I HATE his new abilities) is getting boring. I personally generally like that it is a long way to the title "pirate king" and that Lysopp will be the best Sniper by then - this means at least 2 forms of haki...
    in order to answer this question it seems that zoro has the wano island which deals with sword fighting, I think Ussop will undergo 2 sessions again one island to do with sniper and gun warfare and the other island to do with him being brave and a warrior who commands giants like it said in the previous chapters.
    or oda will have sh adopt a new member who will be the sniper of the group leaving ussop back in the weak trio but I will hope that ussop will be in the middle trio .

I think it foreshadows this when he is in the bar with name and he says he is no longer part of the weak trio I believe he will do it

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member PLfighter's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

For example, Ussop is not simply sniper he is really good in deception and to corner opponent in trap. And he can shot anything with his pachinko. In real world sniper is feared not because they power house only because you don't see. COO you can predict everything for example non direct attack luffy enel fight he not defend against ricochet. And if ussop shot things for first look randomly he can corner opponent like in goo game or chaise. The best df for ussop is one absalom have or some similar. Bullet can be powered by haki but knowing he will use something more original to hit logia he use fire against Monet. hov now what kind of plants he have in the bag.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RichardMNixon's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the overall uselessness of the marines' bulletstorm is less that bullets are too slow and more that marine mooks are terrible shots. Yasopp's bullets don't go faster. He just knows how to aim. CoO would certainly help though.
    Last edited by RichardMNixon; May 31, 2013 at 10:34 AM.
    The Grain Pirates. Scourge of Spelt, Corsairs of Corn, Rogues of Rye, Buccaneers of Barley, the Freebooters of the Farmland.
    What reason is there to stop a man from sailing?

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast