Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "Bullets" in the new world

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: "Bullets" in the new world

Bullets in the new world should work very similarly to the kuja arrows. A haki charged bullet would be deadly at large. Even without it it is something people should look out for generally. Granted there are people who would be immune to bullets in principle (certain DF users and perhaps people who mastered tekkai) however other than that they can still deal damage. BB survived quite a bit during the war but he still took damage from the sheer amount of lead in his body. Bullets can hurt most people in the new world.... The issue with bullets is not the amount of damage they cause but rather the fact that a lot of people have it in them to simply get out of the way. A haki charged bullet would be specially dangerous considering it could potentially penetrate less than ordinary defenses. Luffy would be screwed against that IMO. Perhaps a haki charged bullet could be less dangerous than a normal bullet in some cases. While it could breach defenses normal bullets couldn't there is still the consideration of the possibility of a haki charged bullet being less dangerous by simply completely getting through the body and not staying inside it.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Bullets in the new world should work very similarly to the kuja arrows. A haki charged bullet would be deadly at large. Even without it it is something people should look out for generally. Granted there are people who would be immune to bullets in principle (certain DF users and perhaps people who mastered tekkai) however other than that they can still deal damage. BB survived quite a bit during the war but he still took damage from the sheer amount of lead in his body. Bullets can hurt most people in the new world.... The issue with bullets is not the amount of damage they cause but rather the fact that a lot of people have it in them to simply get out of the way. A haki charged bullet would be specially dangerous considering it could potentially penetrate less than ordinary defenses. Luffy would be screwed against that IMO. Perhaps a haki charged bullet could be less dangerous than a normal bullet in some cases. While it could breach defenses normal bullets couldn't there is still the consideration of the possibility of a haki charged bullet being less dangerous by simply completely getting through the body and not staying inside it.
    Yeah I agree. I imagined bullets being like the arrows the only thing I wondered about was the speed of the attack. Speed in general is nothing realistic in One Piece (see Kizaru) but still - nearly everybody in the New World can easily dodge bullets. So if haki doesn't give the bullets any speed I don't see bullets being usefull at all. So haki probably does - or Ben beckman and Yasopp are automatically much weaker than expected.

I wonder if Van Auger has mastered haki yet. Hm I also wonder if people are able to tell if a bullet is inflicted with haki before it hits. If not then Ace would've been in deep trouble when Van Auger shot him (if Van Auger had haki back then).

But I guess we will see !

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ben beckman gun made kizaru poop himself lol so i think haki with guns is rare

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

There are probably very few people that can control Haki to the extent of lethally wounding a Logia user (via bullets, arrows and such). Hence Kizaru backing off when Beckman cocks his gun.
    Last edited by TheLuffySmile; June 08, 2013 at 11:35 AM.
    The three brothers

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I think in the New World Haki imbued bullets are the norm. I think the speed that the bullet flies depends on the users Haki level.
    In fact, that is the most likely and logical theory.
    Margaret and the women on AmazonLily were shooting Haki imbued arrows yet Luffy was casually dodging a bunch of the arrows.

However, Yasopp is a world famous sniper. Benn Beckmann another famously strong dude, Borsalino's reaction however was quite theatrical and patronizing a little,
    "Ohhh Benn Beckmann" Whilst performing the genuine "WATCH OUT!! WE GOTTA BADASS OVER HERE" gesture on top of that, only to go and join Aokiji in sending a shower of beams from their respective elements.

For instance, Curiel, the 10th Commander of the WB Pirates uses a type of gun as his fighting style, he is a gotdamn WB Commander so I imagine his Haki skill level is much better than Margaret whose arrows didn't even move faster.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But according to luffy, only zoro and sanji can use haki.... sooo.... wouldnt ussop be like a reaaaallly weak sniper compared to the monsters?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RichardMNixon View Post
    I think the overall uselessness of the marines' bulletstorm is less that bullets are too slow and more that marine mooks are terrible shots. Yasopp's bullets don't go faster. He just knows how to aim. CoO would certainly help though.
    it think yassop is more likely to have haki most likely observation haki
    also, ussop is likely to have observation haki to help him locate his opponent.

if the dangerous thing about a sniper is that you can't see him or her then it suits ussop's cowardice perfectly. he can use observation haki to find an opponent and shoot him or her with haki imbued bullets.

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KuroKarasu View Post
    Yeah I agree. I imagined bullets being like the arrows the only thing I wondered about was the speed of the attack. Speed in general is nothing realistic in One Piece (see Kizaru) but still - nearly everybody in the New World can easily dodge bullets. So if haki doesn't give the bullets any speed I don't see bullets being usefull at all. So haki probably does - or Ben beckman and Yasopp are automatically much weaker than expected.

I wonder if Van Auger has mastered haki yet. Hm I also wonder if people are able to tell if a bullet is inflicted with haki before it hits. If not then Ace would've been in deep trouble when Van Auger shot him (if Van Auger had haki back then).

But I guess we will see !
    its most likely that van auger is goin to fight ussop in the end

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

obviously there are haki imbued guns/bullets considering kizaru pooped himself when beckmann pointed a gun at him. I think it's rather unfortunate that the strawhats don't have any pirates with guns, since I think a pirate with a haki imbued gun would be super useful.

---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 AM ----------

I wonder how it works though? do you imbue haki in the bullets or the gun or both?

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member David Rose's Avatar
    Too far from sea to swim. Still inconsistent weather
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    ---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 AM ----------

I wonder how it works though? do you imbue haki in the bullets or the gun or both?
    I think, from a pure technical perspective, you have to imbue your whole gun in Haki, since you're not able to touch the bullets in a way like you touch an arrow before you send it flying. That would also make it a bit harder from the start to use Haki with guns, as you have to concetrate more.

From the current position Ussop doesn't need Haki to fight properly, as all his attacks have some kind of hax/elemtal type, that have an some effect on logia users. Even pepper would arguably have an effect on any Logia. He can't directly put the hurt on them, but as far as i know this doesn't fit his fitghting style at all.

This would even more be true for Nami, since she can directly control elements and thus react even better to the weakness of a logia user. If she can survive that long, i mean. :P

>>David rose to beat the Philistines, with five smooth stones and a sling.<<

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you see how the pebbles that was used by Rayleigh when they visited Marineford with luffy went through those canons?? how fast was that?? to hit a moving canonball... it went through the canon ball.. And even now, i guess those pebbles are still traveling... that's how strong haki imbued objects are..LOL

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KuroKarasu View Post
    Hey guys, I have always wondered how snipers and ranged fighters can survive in the new world. The reason why this is questionable is because even at the very beginning of one piece nobody was ever harmed by bullets. Everybody could withstand them or dodge them.

In the new world people are even faster and stronger. The obvious solution: Haki. But I'm not sure HOW haki can affect the bullets of guns. Do they make them faster aswell? If not, then guns would be useless even with haki, which they are obviously not (http://www.mangapanda.com/103-49210-...apter-579.html - even if Kizaru might be trolling). Or do snipers just need insane Observation Haki in order to hit their target?

I'm just curious because Yasopp and Ben Beckman seem to be feared and Van Augur should be able to use haki by now aswell.

Your thoughts?
    two likely possibilities

1 : haki transfered to bullets (someone like ben beckmen)

2: seastone incorporated into the bullet itself
    (possible method for non haki users such as fodder marines to hurt fruit users)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the strawhats should have a sniper with a haki gun. I mean ussopp is cool with pop green, but I just think it's so strange they don't have a single person with a gun.

I'm sure there are several big names in the new world that have haki imbued guns just like how there are several people with haki imbued swords.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Franky does have a number of weapons including guns though.... I think ussop will eventually develop haki and use it with his slingshot but that is still a bit far from happening. It seems for people of enough strength and talent the awakening of haki happens naturally to some degree. Luffy showed his conqueror's haki, coby showed the observation haki.... Ussop has grown quite a bit so an awakening of his haki could realistically happen at any time. Once that happens it is a matter of ussop training his haki. It should happen somewhat soon though, I can't imagine ussop mastering his haki by the end of the series if he does not start training it at least, say, a year before the chronological end of the series. The strawhats can grow considerably in strength between arcs though so perhaps it will be doable...

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2