Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 87

Thread: Narutos wind style variety and abilities

  1. #31
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Narutos wind style variety and abilities

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Did you know that Chidori/Raikiri are an assassination jutsu? If those CHICHICHICHI that you can hear from a mile away can be considered the tools of an assassin i gues FRS is leaps and bounds above that :P.

    Now depending on the enemy FRS could be needed. Example would be Kakuzu.
    In it's handheld state FRS has a very short time limit, thus making it's effectiveness limited.

    As for Chidori and Rakiri, they can be activated in less than a second. And Rakiri is the assassination technique, not Chidori if I am correct. If they were ineffective techniques explain how Kakashi got behind Kakazu with one?


    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    I was just pointing how they all got diferent types of "gifts".
    And there was no reason to. You brought Sasuke into a discussion that has nothing to do with him. Everything doesn't have to be a competition between these two.

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    And who exacly said it was a genetic gift? Who cares really? IT WAS A GIFT no different then Sasuke's special clan eyes... How about Madara and mokuton? Kabuto and the stolen power from a ton of people... Nagato's eyes who are actualy Madara's? In 1 form or the other all of them are "gifts". Sasuke's parents passed said gift trough genes and Minato trough hard work, sacrifice and faith in his son. If anything Minato's "gift" counts a ton more...

    Now point is Kurama is a power he can use. How this gift got to him is not really relevant.
    I dont' give a shit about sentimentality, that does not make one better than the other. How he got the gift is extremely important. Him having massive chakra reserves because he is an Uzumaki is ok. Him having a giant rage filled monster inside him that gives him limitless advantages is not.

    Kabuto, Madara, Orochimaru, Kakazu and anyone else who worked their ass off or killed someone for an acquired power at least had merit because they had to work to gain something. Naruto did not. Under normal circumstances of his birth he would not have the Kyuubi. If he went out and sealed it in himself I'd give him all the credit in the world, but he did not.

    I would love to give him credit for at least taming the damn thing but he needed a ton of help doing that. One should not need help using a power that is their own. Do they need training? Yes. But they don't need their mom and fellow jinchuriki in their mind actually helping them win the battle.

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    I made no claims about this. Of course Naruto had help in life. I see no problems there. It takes a great man to accept to can't do it all alone and to lean on others to add to what you don't have.
    Having help is one thing, I don't mind that. But his achievement of FRS was not a feat of genius given the fact he had help in so many areas, which was my point. The achievement itself was impressive, but it must be taken with a grain of salt when people give Naruto so much credit. This is not something Naruto would have ever created if not for Kakashi, and he wouldn't have been able to create it without Tenzou.

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    it was not a brain type of achivement that is true. It was more like trial and error type of training. Minato would probably learn FRS asuming he would have had the time.

    I would agree that training does not show Naruto as a genius. Just a guy with a TON of time to do trial and error to the point he got it right.
    Then what exactly makes Naruto a genius? Or are we debating for no reason? He's a hard worker, and things don't come to him easy. That's essentially the complete opposite of a genius in Naruto's world and our own. He isn't extremely skilled at anything without the use of some kind of aid aside from Sage Mode and his use of Kage Bushin. But how does that make him a genius? It simply implies he has a natural talent for acquiring Natural Energy (because he has a large chakra pool and some talent in the art) and he can create clones because he has so much chakra (much of which is thanks to the Kyuubi).

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    He did show crazy power in SM to fight the Kyuubi even if he had help.
    You also need to take into account that he did not simply gave him power. Naruto had to do the imposible and change Kyuubi's heart first. That was a work of genius just not in the sense of brainpower, skill or something like that. Naruto is a genius when it comes to changing people. He has a special "power" there.
    Crazy power that wasn't enough.

    And come on. Are we really going to give him credit for talk no jutsu and say that is genius? Talk no jutsu has been and always will be the most ridiculous shit this manga has to offer. Naruto hasn't said anything worth a damn since Part 1. It's all "I'm the chosen one believe me!" and "You're wrong, I'm right, so fuck you!" Give me a break

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    And i have no problem there. I don't want Naruto to be this God type of character. I like him needing help and leaning on his friends. Something that even Itachi pointed out that he needs to do (when Naruto wanted to solo the war).
    Naruto is a God type character. The only reason he needs help now is because he's fighting the strongest being to every walk the planet in the Juubi and possibly the strongest ninja ever who has the eyes of God, the Kekkai Genkai of the God of Shinobi, and who's immortal with limitless chakra.

    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Considering what happened to Hashirama's face we don't know the specifics of his SM.
    Take Kabuto (you mencioned him yourself) he was able to master SM by "stealing" power from other people. Naruto is the only one we know that mastered it in a "fair" (no idea if its the right word here) way. Even asuming Hashirama has the same level of it then we have 2. Still good enough for me :P
    Come on, Hashirama used the single largest and most devastating jutsu while in Sage Mode to kick a Sussano clad Kyuubi's ass. Are you really going to BS and say the God of Shinobi was not superior to Naruto in Sage Mode?

    As for Kabuto, he stole powers sure. But he had to work to steal them. And to master them once they were a part of him. He then went and learned Sage Mode. He wasn't gifted with things like Naruto was.

    How you can discredit Kabuto for being proactive in improving himself and learning something "unfairly" but credit Naruto for his FRS training is astoundingly biased.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  2. #32
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member xaither's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Narutos wind style variety and abilities

    Madara didn't killed anyone for his EMS, his brother who was dying by tobirama gave it to him, so does that mean that his "gift" is more His than naruto's ?

    Its been stated that naruto is the only one capable of syncing with the kyubi, because he has kushina genes, without these genes its possible to say that he couldn't do the stuff he can do now, I think most of you guys forget this.
    Last edited by xaither; May 21, 2013 at 09:24 AM.

  3. #33
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,404
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Narutos wind style variety and abilities

    Quote Originally Posted by xaither View Post
    Madara didn't killed anyone for his EMS, his brother who was dying by tobirama gave it to him, so does that mean that his "gift" is more His than naruto's ?

    Its been stated that naruto is the only one capable of syncing with the kyubi, because he has kushina genes, without these genes its possible to say that he couldn't do the stuff he can do now, I think most of you guys forget this.
    Exactly, naruto was even born with whiskers so he had the jyuubis influence on him before he was even a Jinchurikki


  4. #34
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Roman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,417
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Narutos wind style variety and abilities

    Since Uzumakis are the only clan who are able to be Kurama's container, as well as Naruto being the only one who could distribute his chakra, it's safe to say that arguments like "he wouldn't do shit without Kurama" are nullified. If everyone else could use Kurama like Naruto does, I would agree. But since that's not the case, Kurama can be considered as a type of thing in the sense that nobody besides Uchihas can awaken Sharingan, same with the Hyuugas and Byakugan. It's pretty simple.

  5. #35
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Narutos wind style variety and abilities

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    Exactly, naruto was even born with whiskers so he had the jyuubis influence on him before he was even a Jinchurikki
    Because his mother was a Jinchuriki.

    And if the only reason that Naruto can sync with the Kyuubi is because of his Uzumaki genes, then any Uzumaki could do it, not just him. Naruto wasn't born to be the Kyuubi's container, it simply happened.

    ---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    Since Uzumakis are the only clan who are able to be Kurama's container, as well as Naruto being the only one who could distribute his chakra, it's safe to say that arguments like "he wouldn't do shit without Kurama" are nullified. If everyone else could use Kurama like Naruto does, I would agree. But since that's not the case, Kurama can be considered as a type of thing in the sense that nobody besides Uchihas can awaken Sharingan. It's pretty simple.
    Kurama lets Naruto do what he is doing though. Kurama makes the chakra and then Naruto distributes it, that is a two part system. Any skilled enough Uzumaki should be able to do this, just like any skilled enough Uchiha can activate MS. It's a rare feat, but it is not unique to Naruto, much like MS is not unique to Sasuke.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  6. #36
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Roman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,417
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Narutos wind style variety and abilities

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Kurama lets Naruto do what he is doing though. Kurama makes the chakra and then Naruto distributes it, that is a two part system. Any skilled enough Uzumaki should be able to do this, just like any skilled enough Uchiha can activate MS. It's a rare feat, but it is not unique to Naruto, much like MS is not unique to Sasuke.
    I would agree if that was true. Kurama himself stated that no one could distribute his chakra like Naruto does. Therefore, it's in Naruto's ability for him to be able to do that. If everyone could do the same and someone actually did it besides Naruto, I'd deny this.

  7. #37
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member xaither's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Narutos wind style variety and abilities

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Because his mother was a Jinchuriki.

    And if the only reason that Naruto can sync with the Kyuubi is because of his Uzumaki genes, then any Uzumaki could do it, not just him. Naruto wasn't born to be the Kyuubi's container, it simply happened.

    ---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------



    Kurama lets Naruto do what he is doing though. Kurama makes the chakra and then Naruto distributes it, that is a two part system. Any skilled enough Uzumaki should be able to do this, just like any skilled enough Uchiha can activate MS. It's a rare feat, but it is not unique to Naruto, much like MS is not unique to Sasuke.

    Not just any uzumaki, uzumaki has the the ability to hold the kyubi, but they don't have the special genes like kushina to be able to use the kyubi like how naruto is right now. you have to remember that kushina was a special uzumaki.

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #38
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,404
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Narutos wind style variety and abilities

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    Because his mother was a Jinchuriki.

    And if the only reason that Naruto can sync with the Kyuubi is because of his Uzumaki genes, then any Uzumaki could do it, not just him. Naruto wasn't born to be the Kyuubi's container, it simply happened.

    ---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------



    Kurama lets Naruto do what he is doing though. Kurama makes the chakra and then Naruto distributes it, that is a two part system. Any skilled enough Uzumaki should be able to do this, just like any skilled enough Uchiha can activate MS. It's a rare feat, but it is not unique to Naruto, much like MS is not unique to Sasuke.
    Thing is why didn't kishina obtain whiskers when she became a jin? Kinkaku and ginkaku had them when they ate the kyuubis flesh. And Naruto was just born with them. It's possible Naruto may have had jin powers even if he never actually became a Jin


  10. #39
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member xaither's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Narutos wind style variety and abilities

    that is strange maybe i should have not said that lol. anyways. I think that while the kyubi was inside kushina it somehow influence naruto.
    Last edited by xaither; May 21, 2013 at 09:47 AM.

  11. #40
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Narutos wind style variety and abilities

    Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    I would agree if that was true. Kurama himself stated that no one could distribute his chakra like Naruto does. Therefore, it's in Naruto's ability for him to be able to do that. If everyone could do the same and someone actually did it besides Naruto, I'd deny this.
    And what makes Kurama the expert on this? He's been contained by all of 3 people, two of which never tried to use his power in this way. Just because no one else has tried something doesn't make it impossible for others not to do it. Chakra distribution is nothing new.

    But to get back to why I commented on this. This shows that Naruto is simply capable of doing this one thing. It does not take away from his stupidity, or take away from his inability to make a one handed Rasengan, defend against Genjutsu without Kurama, nor does it add to the fact he can only use a handful of ninjutsu.

    ---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    Thing is why didn't kishina obtain whiskers when she became a jin? Kinkaku and ginkaku had them when they ate the kyuubis flesh. And Naruto was just born with them. It's possible Naruto may have had jin powers even if he never actually became a Jin
    Naruto had whiskers because he was the son of jinchuriki, not because he had the Kyuubi sealed in him. He was born with them because his mother's DNA was likely influenced by the Kyuubi.

    But Naruto isn't the first child of a Jinchuriki. Hashirama and Mikoto's son/daughter, the father/mother of Tsuande would also have been like Naruto, and yet we've never heard about them, nor does Tsuande have any special jinchuriki like traits for being the grand daughter of a Jinchuriki.

    ---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by xaither View Post
    Not just any uzumaki, uzumaki has the the ability to hold the kyubi, but they don't have the special genes like kushina to be able to use the kyubi like how naruto is right now. you have to remember that kushina was a special uzumaki.
    And so was Mikoto. Again, there are quite a few of these people.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  12. #41
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,404
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Narutos wind style variety and abilities

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    And what makes Kurama the expert on this? He's been contained by all of 3 people, two of which never tried to use his power in this way. Just because no one else has tried something doesn't make it impossible for others not to do it. Chakra distribution is nothing new.

    But to get back to why I commented on this. This shows that Naruto is simply capable of doing this one thing. It does not take away from his stupidity, or take away from his inability to make a one handed Rasengan, defend against Genjutsu without Kurama, nor does it add to the fact he can only use a handful of ninjutsu.

    ---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------



    Naruto had whiskers because he was the son of jinchuriki, not because he had the Kyuubi sealed in him. He was born with them because his mother's DNA was likely influenced by the Kyuubi.

    But Naruto isn't the first child of a Jinchuriki. Hashirama and Mikoto's son/daughter, the father/mother of Tsuande would also have been like Naruto, and yet we've never heard about them, nor does Tsuande have any special jinchuriki like traits for being the grand daughter of a Jinchuriki.

    ---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------



    And so was Mikoto. Again, there are quite a few of these people.
    Maybe cuz kurama had been around since the RS, I'm sure he has butt loads of knowledge


  13. #42
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member xaither's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Narutos wind style variety and abilities

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    And what makes Kurama the expert on this? He's been contained by all of 3 people, two of which never tried to use his power in this way. Just because no one else has tried something doesn't make it impossible for others not to do it. Chakra distribution is nothing new.

    But to get back to why I commented on this. This shows that Naruto is simply capable of doing this one thing. It does not take away from his stupidity, or take away from his inability to make a one handed Rasengan, defend against Genjutsu without Kurama, nor does it add to the fact he can only use a handful of ninjutsu.
    lol are you seriously going to doubt kurama, he is a being that has existed since the RK era

    all the ninja's that we see can only do a handful of jutsu- maybe 3-5

  14. #43
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,671
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Narutos wind style variety and abilities

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    Maybe cuz kurama had been around since the RS, I'm sure he has butt loads of knowledge
    Not doubting how much knowledge he has, but the on what that knowledge pertains too. He's no expert on what people can do with his chakra given the fact only three people have been his jinchuriki, and only one of them (to our knowledge) has tried to use his chakra like Naruto has.

    ---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by xaither View Post
    lol are you seriously going to doubt kurama, he is a being that has existed since the RK era

    all the ninja's that we see can only do a handful of jutsu- maybe 3-5
    Given the fact that Jounin's are said to have mastered two elements, no, all the ninja we have seen can use much more than 3-5 jutsu.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  15. #44
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Roman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,417
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Narutos wind style variety and abilities

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    And what makes Kurama the expert on this? He's been contained by all of 3 people, two of which never tried to use his power in this way. Just because no one else has tried something doesn't make it impossible for others not to do it. Chakra distribution is nothing new.

    But to get back to why I commented on this. This shows that Naruto is simply capable of doing this one thing. It does not take away from his stupidity, or take away from his inability to make a one handed Rasengan, defend against Genjutsu without Kurama, nor does it add to the fact he can only use a handful of ninjutsu.
    It makes him an expert sooner than you, that's for sure. Normal people, who don't really put characters down and talk about them the way they're portrayed without underestimating or overestimating will get that because it's a manga fact. The topic's name doesn't suggest anything what would point to discussion about how stupid he is or what he can't do to an exaggerated level. But there's always someone like you who gets in and trolls the shit out of everyone who's not an Uchiha. Sorry, not to label you or anything but it's just the way it is.

  16. #45
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member xaither's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Narutos wind style variety and abilities

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post

    And so was Mikoto. Again, there are quite a few of these people.
    I think you mean mito, and the manga never stated anywhere that she had special chakra, so I don't think she was an special uzumaki like kushina

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts