Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: why naruto one of the most versatile shinobi in manga

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: why naruto one of the most versatile shinobi in manga

I agree Naruto is versatile in his own way, he has multiple ways to approach a fight

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    I agree Naruto is versatile in his own way, he has multiple ways to approach a fight
    Even if I was to agree with that (which I don't), I could name 20 more versatile shinobi then Naruto.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Avishek's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flow like View Post
    naruto show many jutsu than hiruzen and kakashi
    That's because Naruto is THE MAIN CHARACTER and Hiruzen and Kakashi haven't been explored that thoroughly. You're talking about versatilty and while naruto only has wind release coupled with kyuubi chakra, both Kakashi and Hiruzen have high level of mastery over atleast 4 DIFFERENT releases:water, earth,lightning,fire. It is unknown as of now whether they have techniques of other releases or not.
    Reading is a good habit.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    Even if I was to agree with that (which I don't), I could name 20 more versatile shinobi then Naruto.
    do it then

Naruto rasengans which can be offensive and defensive and are close range attacks, mid range which are his chakra claws, and long range attacks which are FRS and Bijuudama, genjutsu defense, sensing, malice sensing, frog katas, and if he needs superior power he goes BM

name your 20

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member flow like's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

show me better sensor than naruto. show me alive shinobi, how more faster than naruto. show me attack which might beat chakra cloak. show me taijutsu better than frog kata...like you or not... naruto in top 5 versatile shinobi

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    do it then

Naruto rasengans which can be offensive and defensive and are close range attacks, mid range which are his chakra claws, and long range attacks which are FRS and Bijuudama, genjutsu defense, sensing, malice sensing, frog katas, and if he needs superior power he goes BM

name your 20
    you forget about shockwave, frog genjutsu and chakra arms

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member naruto the best's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Well technically there are a lot of ninjas sharper and more versatile than Naruto.

But now those shinobis who are sharper and more versatile than him are nothing compared to his feats that are far more valuable than versatility.

Anyway Naruto is just around 16 still a teen so versatility will reach to its maximum sooner or later. At his age he has already done tremendous things and has already shown great feats and saved so many. He has shown to really have improved in battle strategies so thumbs up. Naruto all the way!

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto the best View Post
    Well technically there are a lot of ninjas sharper and more versatile than Naruto.

But now those shinobis who are sharper and more versatile than him are nothing compared to his feats that are far more valuable than versatility.

Anyway Naruto is just around 16 still a teen so versatility will reach to its maximum sooner or later. At his age he has already done tremendous things and has already shown great feats and saved so many. He has shown to really have improved in battle strategies so thumbs up. Naruto all the way!
    naruto in top 5 of versatile shinobi of all time
    Last edited by flow like; May 21, 2013 at 11:46 AM.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not denying naruto is powerful and comparitivity very versatile when compared with most. But we don't know what Hiruzen and Kakashi were like at 16. And, taking nothing away from Naruto, they didn't have the added benefit of the kyuubi chakra, which has helped him enormously.
    Reading is a good habit.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Avishek View Post
    I'm not denying naruto is powerful and comparitivity very versatile when compared with most. But we don't know what Hiruzen and Kakashi were like at 16. And, taking nothing away from Naruto, they didn't have the added benefit of the kyuubi chakra, which has helped him enormously.
    cough cough" sharingan for copy thousand jutsu and kurama part of naruto power

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ill make much easier for you to understand then just naming off shinobi that you can disagree with.

Any shinobi that has two elements. Ex:Hiruzen, jiraiya, orochimaru
    Any shinobi that has one element and a primary weapon that is used in every battle. Ex: Kisame, bee..
    Any shinobi that has Kekki Genkai. Ex: Mei, Muu
    Any shinobi that specialize in the three main jutsu(nin,gen,tai) and have one element. Ex: Itachi, Tobi
    Kenjutsu. Ex: Kakuzu
    The list goes on:
    Sasuke, Hashirama,Madara, nagato,darui,....hell even Suigestu is more versatile...

The problem is that you don't understand the mean of the word.

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

I could name probably 20 more if that would satisfy you lol.

PS. I'm not saying by any means that these shinobi can defeat Naruto in battle, but versatility is no question.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

show me your view of versatile

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

Ill make much easier for you to understand then just naming off shinobi that you can disagree with.

Any shinobi that has two elements. Ex:Hiruzen, jiraiya, orochimaru
    Any shinobi that has one element and a primary weapon that is used in every battle. Ex: Kisame, bee..
    Any shinobi that has Kekki Genkai. Ex: Mei, Muu
    Any shinobi that specialize in the three main jutsu(nin,gen,tai) and have one element. Ex: Itachi, Tobi
    Kenjutsu. Ex: Kakuzu
    The list goes on:
    Sasuke, Hashirama,Madara, nagato,darui,....hell even Suigestu is more versatile...

The problem is that you don't understand the mean of the word.

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

I could name probably 20 more if that would satisfy you lol.

PS. I'm not saying by any means that these shinobi can defeat Naruto in battle, but versatility is no question.
    KKG and two or more elements= versatile? NO. kisame been almost fodderized by naruto. how itachi might beat naruto? genjutsu not work on current naruto. kenjutsu not working on naruto. Sasuke, Hashirama,..hell even Suigestu is more versatile... you serious? i know,you sasuke fan but your list without fact sucks

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flow like View Post
    show me your view of versatile
    Versatility means different styles can be used, they may not be as powerful, but the range is large. While Naruto has only wind release, sage mode and kyuubi chakra manipulation while Hiruzen has over 4 release style known upto now. And Kakashi may not be of the same level of Hiruzen, he is as versatile as him. Versatility does not mean strength of attack, but variety. And again, remember Naruto is the focus of this manga, and so, the most number of jutsus will be his. But number does not equate versatility.
    Reading is a good habit.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Avishek View Post
    Versatility means different styles can be used, they may not be as powerful, but the range is large. While Naruto has only wind release, sage mode and kyuubi chakra manipulation while Hiruzen has over 4 release style known upto now. And Kakashi may not be of the same level of Hiruzen, he is as versatile as him. Versatility does not mean strength of attack, but variety. And again, remember Naruto is the focus of this manga, and so, the most number of jutsus will be his. But number does not equate versatility.
    hiruzen have only fire and earth. naruto use his clones for defence,ofence and tricked opponents=versatile ? naruto might manipulate his cloak for different things=versatile? naruto use his chakra arms for different things=versatile?
    Last edited by flow like; May 21, 2013 at 12:22 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Teppei's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So first of all, it's really about the definition of versatile. What does versatile means? Using one technique in thousand of ways or having thousand techniques and using it in one way?

I think Naruto is versatile in the sense of he can do so many things with only his shadow clones and rasengan alone (but of course he has a lot more than only those two techniques). But of course if you say he's not versatile in the sense of he doesn't have many techniques compared to other characters than that's also right.

For example one of my favorite character, Shino Aburame, one can consider he actually just have one thing he can do, that is sending out his bugs. That is considered not versatile. But he is so versatile with his bugs that it doesn't matter that he has only one technique as in his bugs.

You guys pretty much talking about two different meaning of being versatile. Just wanted to clear that up.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When talking about shinobi versatility, to me it means more ways to win,or ways to create a oping to win.

Naruto has resengan and clones.... That is how Naruto will win no matter what.

Take Itachi( he's probably not in the top 5 of versatility) but he can be you sution,katon,enton,Genjutsu,and sealing.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast