Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: why naruto one of the most versatile shinobi in manga

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Avishek's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: why naruto one of the most versatile shinobi in manga

Quote Originally Posted by Teppei View Post
    So first of all, it's really about the definition of versatile. What does versatile means? Using one technique in thousand of ways or having thousand techniques and using it in one way?

I think Naruto is versatile in the sense of he can do so many things with only his shadow clones and rasengan alone (but of course he has a lot more than only those two techniques). But of course if you say he's not versatile in the sense of he doesn't have many techniques compared to other characters than that's also right.

For example one of my favorite character, Shino Aburame, one can consider he actually just have one thing he can do, that is sending out his bugs. That is considered not versatile. But he is so versatile with his bugs that it doesn't matter that he has only one technique as in his bugs.

You guys pretty much talking about two different meaning of being versatile. Just wanted to clear that up.
    You're right in saying that there are two types of versatility:
    1.Variety in attack by tweaking basic attacks(i.e.Naruto)
    2.Variety by difference in basic attacks and then tweaking them(i.e Kakashi, Hiruzen)

The thing is, we haven't shed much light on Kakashi or Hiruzen in their range.Hell, we've seen Hiruzen at the end of his life, so I can't accept he can manipulate just fire and earth. Those were the most effective counters for edo-Tobirama and edo-Hashirama at that moment.

And if we take it literally about Kakashi having mastered over a 1000 jutsu with over 4 different release styles, he is leagues above Naruto in range whichever definition of versatility you choose.
    Reading is a good habit.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So first of all, it's really about the definition of versatile. What does versatile means? Using one technique in thousand of ways or having thousand techniques and using it in one way?

I think Naruto is versatile in the sense of he can do so many things with only his shadow clones and rasengan alone (but of course he has a lot more than only those two techniques). But of course if you say he's not versatile in the sense of he doesn't have many techniques compared to other characters than that's also right.

For example one of my favorite character, Shino Aburame, one can consider he actually just have one thing he can do, that is sending out his bugs. That is considered not versatile. But he is so versatile with his bugs that it doesn't matter that he has only one technique as in his bugs.

You guys pretty much talking about two different meaning of being versatile. Just wanted to clear that up.
    Pretty much what this guy said. I was unsure about my answer and then I realized this thread is mostly arguing over semantics.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/versatile

Quote Quote:
    Having many uses or applications
    If we just look at Kage Bunshin, we'll see that Naruto has found a way to use it that would fit under this definition of "versatile".
    Of course Itachi, Hiruzen, Hashirama, Kakashi are versatile. They've shown that. We've seen that. To say otherwise is being silly for the purposes of elevating the main character, which really doesn't need to happen, because Naruto has shown versatility, too.

That said, I still don't think Naruto is the most versatile shinobi.
    Last edited by Exodi; May 21, 2013 at 12:32 PM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Great point and I agree. I guess I've been saying what I mean the wrong way. Naruto is versatile with what he has, but since his arsenal is small compared to others, that's what makes him less versatile then other characters that have more to work with.

With what Naruto has, he do very well for himself.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member flow like's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    When talking about shinobi versatility, to me it means more ways to win,or ways to create a oping to win.

Naruto has resengan and clones.... That is how Naruto will win no matter what.

Take Itachi( he's probably not in the top 5 of versatility) but he can be you sution,katon,enton,Genjutsu,and sealing.
    naruto might use sealing,naruto might use frog genjutsu,naruto might use senjutsu... and itachi not use enton

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

'Might' is not going to cut it. When Naruto start using these said techniques then you can use them. Amaterasu is enton so he has that element.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

'Might' is not going to cut it. When Naruto start using these said techniques then you can use them. Amaterasu is enton so he has that element.
    Blaze Release (炎遁, Enton; Viz "Inferno Style") is an advanced chakra nature. Sasuke Uchiha uses this technique when manipulating the unquenchable black flames of Amaterasu. C states that Sasuke manipulates the flames with his right Mangekyō Sharingan whereas he casts Amaterasu with his left.[1] It is unknown what elements this nature entails. " itachi not have enton

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto was NEVER versatile. Even now, the only long-range attack he has is FRS in Sage Mode. Naruto is primarily a close-ranged powerhouse, that's all he's good for. Even his ability to sense comes from Sage Mode or Kyuubi, not in base mode. you don't send Naruto out there to plan, you send him out there to fight and take out enemies. Naruto has not shown the ability to ambush or track anyone... only time he's shown ability to track was when he saw some carnage those two mercenaries caused on their way to Inari's house.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Naruto was NEVER versatile. Even now, the only long-range attack he has is FRS in Sage Mode. Naruto is primarily a close-ranged powerhouse, that's all he's good for. Even his ability to sense comes from Sage Mode or Kyuubi, not in base mode. you don't send Naruto out there to plan, you send him out there to fight and take out enemies. Naruto has not shown the ability to ambush or track anyone... only time he's shown ability to track was when he saw some carnage those two mercenaries caused on their way to Inari's house.
    dude, i mean sage/kyuubi mode belong to naruto... chakra arms,beast shockwave bijuudama=all ranges attack... naruto steal before itachi meet in forest... naruto track zetsu clones... naruto track nagato and this not all... and 90% battles in narutoverse= suddenly battles
    Last edited by flow like; May 21, 2013 at 02:34 PM.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm talking about Naruto without Sage Mode or Kyuubi mode. Kyuubi isn't his own power, and Sage Mode could leave Naruto vulnerable. Fact is, he needs either mode to be a little bit versatile.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm talking about Naruto without Sage Mode or Kyuubi mode. Kyuubi isn't his own power, and Sage Mode could leave Naruto vulnerable. Fact is, he needs either mode to be a little bit versatile.
    agree. but only naruto might use kurama power like own... sage mode fair naruto power

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

fact. base naruto no! only readers and naruto haters use term base naruto

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You talk as if sage mode and BM as if they are completely different people lol. It is all Naruto lol. And he has Bijuudama as a ranged attack. And plus she's talking fighting Naruto is versatile which he is. He has three modes, a number of rasengan variants that can be offensive and defensive, sensing abilities and malic sensing, chakra arms for mid range, frog katas, and summonings.

We are ta

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Kyuubi mode tho IS his power. He's the one using the mode

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member xaither's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see naruto without the kyubi or sage mode, so lets just put it under his abilities. He's the one manipulating the chakra. and the chakra is on his body, he's the only one capable of perfect resonance with kurama.

it does not mater how much you say it, without the kyubi and without sage mode, its not going to avoid that fact that he still has it, and that everyone who is arguing about naruto and his abilities will always say those two.
    Last edited by xaither; May 21, 2013 at 02:53 PM.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xaither View Post
    I don't see naruto without the kyubi or sage mode, so lets just put it under his abilities.
    Exactly, Using those modes is what naruto can do so it counts as his ability

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Even those modes his versatility is very limited.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Even those modes his versatility is very limited.
    best sensor skill. one of the best defense in manga. one of the best taijutsu move. chance to use one of the powerfull genjutsu. best speed/reflex/power. chance use 4 all ranges jutsu. full immune to genjutsu.

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast