Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: why naruto one of the most versatile shinobi in manga

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Knightmare of heaven 0's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: why naruto one of the most versatile shinobi in manga

Quote Originally Posted by Culaio View Post
    About kakashi knowing 1000 jutsus: Like bruce lee said: “I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who had practiced one kick 10,000 times.” it shows superiority of naruto's ability to use less jutsu's in MANY different way's compared to knowing many jutsu's but knowing how to use them in one way like kakashi.
    He's a ninja not a martial artist >.>

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by flow like View Post
    kakashi copy 1000 jutsu, use show only 20 in whole series
    It's not like Kishi would create 1000 jutsu's right?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member flow like's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Exodi View Post
    LOL. My explanation isn't a poor representation of shinobi skill. It's a representation of Naruto's skill.

I'm saying Naruto is good for blowing stuff up.

Naruto also makes (extreme) use of Kage Bunshin.
    Having the ability to blow up his Kage Bunshin would add versatility to this jutsu.

Believe me, the thought process is there. I just didn't explain it.
    agree with you, but this not naruto stile

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven 0 View Post
    He's a ninja not a martial artist >.>

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

It's not like Kishi would create 1000 jutsu's right?
    agree. by databook all narutoverse characters use maximum 500 jutsu

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto really is not the most versatile Ninja out there, nowhere near close that.

I had thought we were past this whole taking away ones power nonsense. Why not just strip everyone of Chakra and see what happens...

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    I'm afraid thats more wishful thinking then a fact. Naruto didn't even claim the Kyuubi himself, he got him handed to him. And it still remains that Kabuto didn't even steal anything, he did research to modify his own body, and for every research you need subjects. Its not different from going to the gym and training my ass off. I stimulate my body in a certain way and as a result my body reacts and adapts.

Kyuubi however is a living, thinking entity with its own free will. Technically he shouldn't even be trapped inside Naruto like that. Its a pretty horrendous way to treat and exploit any even remotely intelligent being.
    You cannot justify Kabuto incooperating others' powers into himself as his own power yet refute Naruto using the Kyuubi being his power.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I sure as hell can.

If Doc Connors researches Lizards and uses that research to modify his own body and thus turns into a humanoid lizard its legitimately his accomplishment and power. There is no second lizard he has to ask for power. The spliced DNA has no brain, no will of its own, it becomes a real part of his own body.

Kyuubi however is a living entity that could say "No! I'm not handing you power anymore!" any freakin time he feels like it. Then Naruto would have to fight him again to reap it out of him by force.

Even then I'd maybe consider it part of his own power if he at least claimed and sealed the Kyuubi by himself. But the way it is, you can't consider it Naruto's own power. Its a seperate source of power at his disposal, but not his own power.

Even the manga considers the Bijuu as "partners" and the Bijuu are saying stuff like "I'll grant you some of my chakra". If you don't acknowledge them as team mates, I can just as well start some equivalent nonesense like "Bee is part of Raikage's power" or "All people of Konoha are part of Tsunade's power because she's Hokage".

Besides, Kabuto didn't just "steal" someones powers (I know it wasn't you who used that word), since stolen would mean he took something away from someone else, which isn't the case since all of those people are running around with their powers still intact.

And he also didn't simply "incooperate" those powers (except for the sound four) but instead created different versions, like for example not going completely liquid, but instead leaving his skin behind, or making Karins ability to heal others passively work on himself.
    Last edited by LnDRash; May 22, 2013 at 10:53 PM.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    Naruto really is not the most versatile Ninja out there, nowhere near close that.

I had thought we were past this whole taking away ones power nonsense. Why not just strip everyone of Chakra and see what happens...

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

why? his skills (sensor and speed for example ), power ( TTB for example), and smart made naruto one of the most versatile ninja in narutoverse. only sasuke might compare with naruto
    Last edited by flow like; May 22, 2013 at 11:45 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nitsthegame's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

why? his skills (sensor and speed for example ), power ( TTB for example), and smart made naruto one of the most versatile ninja in narutoverse. only sasuke might compare with naruto
    m confused over one thing:

1.Naruto is one of the most versatile ninja
    2. only sasuke might compare to naruto

So you want to say naruto is most versatile??

visit me here

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nitsthegame View Post
    m confused over one thing:

1.Naruto is one of the most versatile ninja
    2. only sasuke might compare to naruto

So you want to say naruto is most versatile??
    i mean in terms of ages/skill only sasuke might compare with naruto in versatile

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

i mean in terms of ages/skill only sasuke might compare with naruto in versatile
    then you need to rephrase the topic and discussion - "naruto is one of the most versatile ninja of his age"

visit me here

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

then you need to rephrase the topic and discussion - "naruto is one of the most versatile ninja of his age"
    no. naruto already most versatile ninja not only his ages

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

no. naruto already most versatile ninja not only his ages
    so in terms of versatility:

naruto>hashirama>madara>minato>hizuren>pein>itachi>sasuke>kakashi......(list is random)

visit me here

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Teppei's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    I sure as hell can.

If Doc Connors researches Lizards and uses that research to modify his own body and thus turns into a humanoid lizard its legitimately his accomplishment and power. There is no second lizard he has to ask for power. The spliced DNA has no brain, no will of its own, it becomes a real part of his own body.

Kyuubi however is a living entity that could say "No! I'm not handing you power anymore!" any freakin time he feels like it. Then Naruto would have to fight him again to reap it out of him by force.

Even then I'd maybe consider it part of his own power if he at least claimed and sealed the Kyuubi by himself. But the way it is, you can't consider it Naruto's own power. Its a seperate source of power at his disposal, but not his own power.

Even the manga considers the Bijuu as "partners" and the Bijuu are saying stuff like "I'll grant you some of my chakra". If you don't acknowledge them as team mates, I can just as well start some equivalent nonesense like "Bee is part of Raikage's power" or "All people of Konoha are part of Tsunade's power because she's Hokage".

Besides, Kabuto didn't just "steal" someones powers (I know it wasn't you who used that word), since stolen would mean he took something away from someone else, which isn't the case since all of those people are running around with their powers still intact.

And he also didn't simply "incooperate" those powers (except for the sound four) but instead created different versions, like for example not going completely liquid, but instead leaving his skin behind, or making Karins ability to heal others passively work on himself.
    So, your point of view is that the Kyuubi is not part of Naruto's own power? Hmm, technically it's true. The Kyuubi lend him his power to Naruto, but the moment he lend it to him and that is like almost all the time when he needs it, it becomes Naruto's power. He's the one controlling and using it. Naruto's dad gave him this "gift" when he sealed it into him. So you're also correct that it's not his own doing to get the Kyuubi. But it's Naruto who after struggling with the Kyuubi's power came clean with the Kyuubi, they form a natural bond now. We don't know but we can assume that it's Naruto's own "talent" to bring people to his side. He was the one, who was be able to make friends with all the tailed beasts, to gain there trust and everything. I would consider that also some sort of power. And that is his own doing. I don't thing no one would be able to do that beside Naruto. His talk-no-jutsu is like the strongest jutsu out there, really.

And that's why I would also consider, what you brought up, that Tsunade's power includes also the whole village. She is the one in charge, so it's her power, since she got this position, because of her achievements and reputation and her strength. It's not like someone random is being Hokage. You have to earn it, to get this position and power.

So all in all I would consider the Kyuubi's power a part of Naruto's power, as much as every beast is part of a Jinchuruki's power AS LONG AS they can control and use it.

I would agree with you if it's like Gaara and his beast in the beginning of this series, where the beast protected him without his own doing. Gaara didn't have to do sh**.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

^Thats a reasonable reply. I get and acknowledge your point, although I still stick to my own point of view. Not that it really matters since this is just a question of philosophy and how you look at it.

I don't even want to downplay Naruto or anything. As far as I'm concerned this whole "Naruto without Kyuubi" discussion is pretty silly and irrelevant. He has him so he uses him, thats all there is to it.

Just like Kisame had Samehada... he had that sword so of course he developed and centered his fighting style around it. If he never had it he would have developed differently and its imposible to tell how he would have turned out. But technically (and thats all I'm talking about) its not their own power, but just power at their disposal.

If I get my hands on a nuke, then I have access to a power that can level a country, but its not my own power, its the bomb that does it. My own power would be only what I can achieve through training and my own mind/body. Not a special tool or a team mate.

The crucial difference is that my actual own power can't be taken away from me, unlike a power source. A Jinchuuriki can lose his Bijuu and Kisame can lose Samehada, but Rock Lee can't lose his martial arts skills unless you cripple his body or outright kill him.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Teppei's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

True to that.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

so in terms of versatility:

naruto>hashirama>madara>minato>hizuren>pein>itachi>sasuke>kakashi......(list is random)

naruto more versatile kakashi? yes, because copy 1000 jutsu not equals versatile. naruto more versatile than minato/hiruzen/itachi/sasuke? i think yes or equals. naruto more versatile than pein/madara/hashirama? no,yet no

---------- Post added at 06:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 AM ----------

opponents used tnj on naruto before defeat... juugo/orochimaru/karin cells not belong to kabuto
    Last edited by flow like; May 23, 2013 at 07:35 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Avishek's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

naruto more versatile kakashi? yes, because copy 1000 jutsu not equals versatile. naruto more versatile than minato/hiruzen/itachi/sasuke? i think yes or equals. naruto more versatile than pein/madara/hashirama? no,yet no

---------- Post added at 06:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 AM ----------

opponents used tnj on naruto before defeat... juugo/orochimaru/karin cells not belong to kabuto
    Given what little we know of Hiruzen, I think he is known as the most versatile among all the Hokage. And we need to reserve our judgement until we see him in battle at his prime. There is so little we know of range for Hiruzen that it's not fair to label him right now.
    Reading is a good habit.

Thread Closed
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast