Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Claymore Chapter

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner melvo 17's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Favorite Claymore Chapter

Im curious to know what everyones favorite chapter. Ill start off by sayin that favorite chapter is claymore 120. I cassandras awakened form was awesum, miria defeating cassandra with no arms, hysteria and roxanne awakening in the end thus having 3 newly born abyssalones.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BleachFan2010's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite Claymore Chapter

Hmm its hard to pick a fav chapter lol. Umm like you I thought 120 was really good.

Although not my favourite chapter I really liked Ch.51 ^-^

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brother Coa's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Hard to choose, really hard to choose.
    But to me it has to be chapter 1.

It was just perfect, especially the ending.
    "The universe has many horrors yet to throw at us. This is not the end of our struggle. This is just the beginning of our crusade to save Humanity. Be faithful! Be strong! Be vigilant!"

-Emperor of Mankind.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leroid's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

My personal favorite would be chapter 129. I remember I was like FINALLY.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Claymore1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 78 or 115
    I like how awesome Clare is in chapter 78. And I also like Raki in chapter 115

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be hard to choose a single chapter, so I'll say may favorite storyline so far has been the resurrection of Hysteria, Roxanne & Cassandra. Well, that is up until Roxanne & Hysteria are defeated (I thought both of them got really cheap endings).

I also really liked the chapters that had Alicia vs Riful. There had been so much build up to that, and it was really good while it lasted. But again, much like Hysteria and Roxanne, I did not like the way the twins were defeated at all.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member littleangel's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

To me, my favorite of all chapters is chapter 60, because for me Jean and her death was so emotional and not only that, in that chapter the warriors who were all been defeated mentally stood again and took their swords to fight even when their death was absolute! A masterpiece...

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Riful chapters in general. I really liked the one where she is introduced, she is a fun character. The Teresa arc is good too, the multi chapter long fight in Marked for Death is awesome.

Not too fond of the chapters leading up to Riful's death, though. Riful vs. abyssal feeders, Beth and Alicia and then Priscilla was pretty ridiculous and overkill. Like Isley, her death was a bit sudden and degrading. Not a proper end for an abyssal one, it felt like Yagi just wanted the past abyssals out of the story.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member littleangel's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Not a proper end for an abyssal one, it felt like Yagi just wanted the past abyssals out of the story.
    More or less.. Yagi wanted to give a lesson, that no matter how strong you get there is someone always stronger, and even if they let their guard down even for a sec then it's game over... This is what happened to all major characters in the manga and this a lesson that almost all fail to see, and that's why they all fall.. Although some may not want their favorite characters to die, and so they say they died in a terrible way (Riful my case), but still if you overlook that, you will see that they all fell because they thought they were invincible and played as they will never get beaten and that's what led to their defeat!

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littleangel View Post
    More or less.. Yagi wanted to give a lesson, that no matter how strong you get there is someone always stronger, and even if they let their guard down even for a sec then it's game over... This is what happened to all major characters in the manga and this a lesson that almost all fail to see, and that's why they all fall.. Although some may not want their favorite characters to die, and so they say they died in a terrible way (Riful my case), but still if you overlook that, you will see that they all fell because they thought they were invincible and played as they will never get beaten and that's what led to their defeat!
    I thought Riful died because she wanted to save her true love, Duph told her to run and that she could get away if she just leaves him behind....but she refused to leave him, and prissy caught up to her, on top of that Riful died when she attacked prissy out of rage after prissy "killed" duph right in front of her....so if anything Riful died because she loved duph and she was weakened to a point were she could not regenerate or take awakened form.....so its not like prissy beat Riful in a fight or anything ,all Prissy did was kill an already dieing 1 armed 1 legged girl.
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    I thought Riful died because she wanted to save her true love, Duph told her to run and that she could get away if she just leaves him behind....but she refused to leave him, and prissy caught up to her, on top of that Riful died when she attacked prissy out of rage after prissy "killed" duph right in front of her....so if anything Riful died because she loved duph and she was weakened to a point were she could not regenerate or take awakened form.....so its not like prissy beat Riful in a fight or anything ,all Prissy did was kill an already dieing 1 armed 1 legged girl.
    Part of it was, but she played the whole situation wrong, really. Leaving her castle in awakened form was silly, as was sitting there gawking at the destroyer. Like Isley, her reaction time towards the abyssal feeders was slow, resulting in her taking a ton of damage. She underestimated the twins and then foolishly decided to not dodge the volley from the destroyer because she was worried about Dauf. After that, her death was assured as she wouldn't have been able to escape Priscilla even if she had run.

I agree that she was a bit arrogant, but the brutality of it was surprising. Yagi started off by chunking a large amount of her health off with the abyssal feeder, sicked Alicia and Beth on her, had the destroyer throw in some damage, made her fight in human form vs. one of the twins and then had Priscilla finish her off. It didn't help that Dauf is seriously inept, haha. Isley was similar, he had feeders crawling all over him like flies. It just felt very degrading to great characters.

Oh well. It's karma that Riful-doll is now destroying Priscilla.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sibbies View Post
    Part of it was, but she played the whole situation wrong, really. Leaving her castle in awakened form was silly, as was sitting there gawking at the destroyer. Like Isley, her reaction time towards the abyssal feeders was slow, resulting in her taking a ton of damage. She underestimated the twins and then foolishly decided to not dodge the volley from the destroyer because she was worried about Dauf. After that, her death was assured as she wouldn't have been able to escape Priscilla even if she had run.

I agree that she was a bit arrogant, but the brutality of it was surprising. Yagi started off by chunking a large amount of her health off with the abyssal feeder, sicked Alicia and Beth on her, had the destroyer throw in some damage, made her fight in human form vs. one of the twins and then had Priscilla finish her off. It didn't help that Dauf is seriously inept, haha. Isley was similar, he had feeders crawling all over him like flies. It just felt very degrading to great characters.

Oh well. It's karma that Riful-doll is now destroying Priscilla.
    Yeah, and i think had Riful left duph she would have gotten away as prissy would not chase her if she was heading to far away from claire
    i am hoping the Riful doll is really riful and not a new being
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know...She couldn't even regenerate or walk properly anymore at that point. Priscilla was able to basically teleport a large distance in a second too, so I imagine any distance she could put between herself and Priscilla would have been for naught.

As much as I want it to be Riful, it's probably not. Doesn't seem to act like her at all. I'd be fine if it was related to them in some way, though, then Dauf would have been right when he threatened Priscilla.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sibbies View Post
    I don't know...She couldn't even regenerate or walk properly anymore at that point. Priscilla was able to basically teleport a large distance in a second too, so I imagine any distance she could put between herself and Priscilla would have been for naught.

As much as I want it to be Riful, it's probably not. Doesn't seem to act like her at all. I'd be fine if it was related to them in some way, though, then Dauf would have been right when he threatened Priscilla.
    yeah i am still holding on to it being their offspring.

But in relation to this thread i would have to say Chapter 120 is one of my favs, along with the whole witchs maw arc

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member serpico's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

To me the comple Teresa arc and most at all (extra scene ) after that would've were riful cry like a little bitch.

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by serpico View Post
    To me the comple Teresa arc and most at all (extra scene 1 ) after that would've were riful cry like a little bitch.
    -

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast