Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
One more thing to note is that if you want to be a warm blooded creature of a Titan's size, you have to be hot. Literally, if we were enlarged about 5 times, the hotness of our blood going through our skin would cook our tissues. And then we see the largest titans (Colossal) who literally have no skin, most likely because their hotness does not allow them any kind of soft cover. Also explains why he is steaming so much more than the other titans. While we don't know how hot small titans are, I assume much less than the likes of Colossal titans.
I know I am not being good and not sourcing the fact that we could cook ourselves, but look up Vsauce's video along the lines of "How high can we grow" or such. Explains it quite nicely, and the moment they said titans were really hot, I was blown away by the fact that the actor took this into account.
"Kill the Titans"
"Block the cannon ball"
"Carry the boulder"
These are the goals made clear in Eren's mind before transforming. What if the 'normal' Titans are forced to have a goal "to eat humans" before they get transformed? Connie's mum could have been a case where her desire to see her son gave her the partial ability to retain her greeting for Connie. Ymir's "servant" could have been another case of his desire to reunite with Ymir before succumbing to his induced gluttony.
As an aside, this could go better in the Sonny and Bean thread but I'll put it here anyway. What if Annie wants to kill Sonny and Bean because she knows there's something different with one of them? (i.e. Bean who can stay active 3 hours after being deprived of sunlight.) This is highly hinted during the conversation between Reiner and Ymir in the recent chapters.
Could it be that maybe that wall painting at the end is maybe showing that two faction of people fought over certain location which held something precious, probably some sort of power that would give to those who poses it power to rule with the rest.
Now if im holding to that plot it could be that either side succeeded to acquire that location, or few from both sides plotted to get it and rule the others, or someone managed to sneak alone in there during the battle which was fought around, and used or accidentally unsealed something that was on that location. Now i suspect that its possible that in that location was sealed the Titans virus, and that they unsealed it without maybe knowing how it will really work or what it really is, or maybe it just what they wanted. However those who unsealed the virus turned to titans and im thinking there to ones like Ape titan, he is probably one of the first titans around.
Its possible that those who got Titan powers directly from the source got ability to manipulate the "virus' and turn other ppl to titans and control them to fight for them. But since that wall sect in manga is not revealing anything so far since the secret is too dangerous im guessing that when they unsealed or used titan power things went wrong in some way. They probably could control it as they wanted so those who fought around when power was unsealed probably gathered together and escaped and later build the walls which contains titans inside.
Those titans inside the walls were probably ppl who sacrificed themselves to save the rest by building those walls and staying in them for eternity or till the walls collapse.
Now that Ape titan probably has the power to manipulate the titan virus and turn normal people to titans, and i think he did that in Connies village, he turned everyone while others were suspecting that it was a wall breach or titan diggers.
Well that just my idea, something like big picture
I purposely haven't read this thread yet so I can post my theory while it's fresh and "original" — though I'm sure I'm not the only one to have some or all of these thoughts.
Ever since the ape titan showed up, it's become clear to me that this isn't just "The REALLY TALL Walking Dead." In a nutshell, what I suspect is this.
- Beasty is a "real" titan, or at least a member of an upper caste. Think of him as a brain bug from "Starship Troopers."
- The brainless titans are warriors, purpose-bred to exterminate humans. For some reason the upper castes decided they should look like humans too. Retarded, rapey-eyed humans with too many teeth. Yeesh.
- The deviants are designed for special purposes. The jumping titan that ate Thomas was designed to counter use of the 3D gear. Did a pretty good job of it too.
- The smaller sizes can get inside buildings and tunnels where humans hide. Have you noticed they tend to have particularly large eyes and noses? All the better to find you in the dark!
- Possible motivations of "Shifter Village":
- The shifters are from a tribe of humans being kept (or at least used) as experimental subjects by the "Beastie Boys". Reiner, Bertholdt and Annie are among their first successful test subjects, purposefully designed for their roles.
- They're also at odds with the titans, and the purpose of BertReinAnnie's mission has been to flush out and capture other titan shifters since day one. Possibly to bolster their ranks?
- Ymir either found their village and stole a bottle of titan potion, or is an experimental failure who escaped. Either way, her "titanification" didn't work quite right and that's why she's pretty deformed even for a titan. And she's helping the others kidnap Eren partly in order to reenter that society with her name cleared, where she hopes to marry
- Dr. Yeager also visited that village in his many mysterious trips and managed to steal/perfect/adapt the formula to work on Eren.
- Somehow, some time in the past, a deal was brokered between the boss titans and the remnants of humanity: "Either live on this little patch of land, be quiet, and stay out of our (considerable) hair, or you'll only survive as pets and lab animals."
- The walls were built by the boss titans out of transformed humans, and those lands are basically a reservation.
- The humans didn't keep up some part of the agreement though, and that's when Reiner and Bertholdt were dispatched to remind the humans who was boss.
- What was this violation? I suspect it had something to do with Dr. Yeager's Patented Titanic Growth Serum(tm), and the experiments he was performing.
- But the titans didn't know how far Yeager had gotten along with his work, so the trio of Reiner, Bertholdt and Annie were ordered to join the military where they could eventually do some snooping around.
- Fed up with waiting, they decided or were ordered, to stir up some more shit and see if a home grown titan shifter raised its ugly head. And Eren did.
- Why are the mysterious boss titans doing this? Three possibilities come to mind (though since this is a Japanese story, I don't expect it to conform to my Western way of thinking):
- The nape of the neck is important because it houses something like a secondary brain, like dinosaurs were formerly believed to have.
- This secondary brain might also function as a remote control unit! Some deviant titan behavior has been pretty specific and seemed set on one specific goal, like the one that was pursuing the civilians during the second invasion and was subsequently taken down by Mikasa.
- And finally, here's my guess for "what's in the basement?"
Phew, that's it for the moment.
Last edited by TitaNick; September 05, 2013 at 07:51 AM.
I have this strange idea. I heavily suspect Mikasa is related to Titans. And I think RBA's co-ordinate could be Mikasa or Mikasa-related. Christa will make the search easier as she might know something they don't, namely being able to recognise the tattoo design (or embroidery in the anime.) Which leads to the following speculation:
It seems Titans are somewhat programmed to accomplish their tasks, something I've written already before so I'll just quote myself here:
If Eren couldn't fully retain control over his Titan form during the carrying rock incident, what if he senses with his Titan sense that Mikasa is Titan-related? Hence his attempted attack on Mikasa? He stops regenerating afterwards, seemingly accomplishing his task (although in a failure.) Then, Armin comes in and stabs his arm, reactivating his Shifting ability by fulfilling the 'spill blood' requirement. This case of Titanification concerns his regeneration of his Titan form.
P.S. I don't fully buy my own point, specifically the under-developed Mikasa idea. But for now I can't find any other reason for Eren's need to 'reactivate' his Titan form. Reactivation is my main point here lol.