Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/6/14 - 10/12/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Oda Eiichiro hospitalized for peritonsillar abscess - One Piece on hiatus for 2 weeks

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member junjun2's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece Oda Eiichiro hospitalized for peritonsillar abscess - One Piece on hiatus for 2 weeks

May 21 2013
    Shounen JUMP official announcement
    http://www.shonenjump.com/j/informat...81%84%E3%81%A6
    Quote Quote:
    WJ26号(5/27発売)、WJ27号(6/3発売)において作者・尾田栄一郎先生が、扁桃周囲膿瘍で入院されることとなり、ONE PIECEは休載となってしまいました。楽しみにしていただいている読者の皆様、大変申し訳ございません。

なお、WJ26号のハガキにONE PIECEが掲載されていますが、印刷の工程上、修正が間に合いませんでした。重ねてお詫び申し上げます。

また、WJ26号上の休載告知においては、病名が「扁桃炎」となっていますが、正確には、「扁桃周囲膿瘍」というものだということが分かりました。こちらが正しい病名となります。

続きはWJ28号(6/10発売)から再開予定です。これからもONE PIECEを応援の程よろしくお願いいたします。

週刊少年ジャンプ編集部

Regarding issues WJ26 (May 27th release date) and WJ27 (June 3rd release date) of Shonen Jump: One Piece will be on hiatus, as author Oda Eiichio sensei is in the hospital with peritonsillar abscess (quinsy). To all the readers who were looking forward [to One Piece], we are very sorry. One Piece is listed on the memo for WJ26 as appearing in the issue, because it was too late in the printing process to make a correction. We also apologize for that.

Furthermore, in the notice about series not appearing in issue WJ26, the illness was written as "tonsillitis," but that is not correct. The correct name is "peritonsillar abscess."
    The plan is for One Piece to resume in issue WJ28 (June 10th release). Please continue to support One Piece now and in the future.
    -The Editorial Department of Weekly Shonen Jump
    May 23
    A message from the author, Oda Eiichiro sensei, to all his readers, regarding One Piece's hiatus
    http://www.shonenjump.com/j/information/odacomment-html
    Quote Quote:

不覚です!
    少々我慢しすぎて事態を悪化させてしまいました。
    続きを楽しみにしてくれている読者の皆様と、
    暴れるのを楽しみにしている麦わらの一味の皆様に、
    多大な迷惑をおかけしております。
    ただ今痛ェ治療を続けております。
    次回せっかく新展開なのに、早く読んで欲しい気持ちで
    いっぱいです。少年達の2週間がどれ程長いか承知してます。
    ちょっと待っててください。

尾田栄一郎

This is a real blunder!
    I tried enduring a bit too much, but that just made the problem worse.
    To you, the readers who are looking forward to the rest of the story,
    and to the Strawhat crew, who are looking forward to more rampaging and going wild,
    I've really done you wrong.
    At the moment, I'm undergoing some painful treatment.
    With long-awaited developments coming up in the story next time [next chapter?], I can't wait to have everyone read it.
    I full-well acknowledge just how long two weeks can seem to young boys [he uses "shonen" here].
    Just hang in there for a bit.
    Oda Eiichiro
    translation: CCC, AP forum

I hope he recovers nicely.
    Last edited by junjun2; May 23, 2013 at 11:18 PM.

2. Thanks 12 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Oda Eiichiro hospitalized for peritonsillar abscess - One Piece on hitasu for 2 weeks

Hopefully, he'll make a perfect recovery.

Based on the quote, however, it seems like there still should be a chapter out this week, or am I misunderstanding it?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cavendish's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Oda Eiichiro hospitalized for peritonsillar abscess - One Piece on hitasu for 2 weeks

Hope Kureha will help Oda with the cure, get well Oda-sama!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ex-Shadow's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Dammit... no OP this week. On another note, I hope you get well soon and doesn't catch serious illness like this again Oda-sensei. Please rest as much as you can, it's not funny if you get ill again just to answer your reader expectation. Body and family is our most important assets. Good luck!!!

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

This man wakes up at 5am, sleeps at 2am without ever stepping out of his house throughout the week.
    3 hours of sleep a single freaking day. He needs to throw his desk out of his windows, take a month break, two months, three months
    heck even a year. He doesn't deserve an illness like this and really deserves a lot more, like a really long break to rest.
    Pull a rubber band too long and it'll snap.

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't say a year but I totally agree with you.
    The author of HunterxHunter takes frequent breaks and gives chapters only whenever he can.
    Oda should take it easy doing a chapter every now and then, OR just do a bunch cover story pages and not focus on a big story if it makes him too ill.
    Knowing his illness, I'd happily accept 4-5 per week of those One Page story page things he does regarding all the characters we've seen throughout the series

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Oda's schedule is insane, and he's been doing this for more than a decade now. I heard that the four week break before the time skip was actually only a two week vacation with the other two week spent on working.

He definitely deserves a long break after all the effort he puts into producing a chapter each week, and I don't think fans would fault him if he took the hiatus. It wasn't too long ago either that he missed a week due to an illness so he really needs time to fully recover.

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i hope hes ok , i am already having one-piece withdrawals

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope that Oda gets through this. I would hate it if something happened to him and the series.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member junjun2's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

I added the message from Oda.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

For his words in the message you can see that the man is still thinking on working... Not only his body and his mind need a break, but mainly his will.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Just take it easy Oda-san, rest and maybe take a 1-2 month break and just relax, you have earned it.
    The three brothers

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

From the sounds of it, Oda's will is a lot like Luffy's.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

SENSEI, get well soon!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Well this sure took me by surprise but I hope Oda will get well soon . I pray he's gonna recover soon and keep entertain us

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast