Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Oda Eiichiro hospitalized for peritonsillar abscess - One Piece on hiatus for 2 weeks

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Oda Eiichiro hospitalized for peritonsillar abscess - One Piece on hitasu for 2 weeks

omg Oda's selfish. He should still keep working on the manga even if he is hospitalized. If he can type and move his fingers, then he can draw. Why does he need to be like Togashi or Tobashi or whatever?

Spoiler show

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 709 Discussion/ 710 Prediction No Chapter until June 5

Originally Posted by CCC
    A message from the author, Oda Eiichiro sensei, to all his readers, regarding One Piece's hiatus:

This is a real blunder!
    I tried enduring a bit too much, but that just made the problem worse.
    To you, the readers who are looking forward to the rest of the story,
    and to the Strawhat crew, who are looking forward to more rampaging and going wild,
    I've really done you wrong.
    At the moment, I'm undergoing some painful treatment.
    With long-awaited developments coming up in the story next time [next chapter?], I can't wait to have everyone read it.
    I full-well acknowledge just how long two weeks can seem to young boys [he uses "shonen" here].
    Just hang in there for a bit.
    Oda Eiichiro
    Last edited by vagabond87; May 23, 2013 at 01:39 PM.

4. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 709 Discussion/ 710 Prediction No Chapter until June 5

Rofl, Oda gets sick and instead of getting sympathy to him we get sympathy for having to wait from him.

Hope he gets well soon. I'd rather wait longer and have him full recover then him going on in bad conditions.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Oda Eiichiro hospitalized for peritonsillar abscess - One Piece on hitasu for 2 weeks

Thread title: hitasu? Did you mean hiatus by any chance? If so, isn't the name of the illness muh easier to make typos in?
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member junjun2's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Thread title: hitasu? Did you mean hiatus by any chance? If so, isn't the name of the illness muh easier to make typos in?
    Thank you for telling me I fixed it.
    Last edited by junjun2; May 23, 2013 at 11:19 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Bindal's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Oda Eiichiro hospitalized for peritonsillar abscess - One Piece on hiatus for 2 weeks

Get well soon Oda sensei

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Oda Eiichiro hospitalized for peritonsillar abscess - One Piece on hiatus for 2 weeks

it would be cool if we all sent him a get well card and put the return address as raftel

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Shojin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be praying for you, Oda! ;_;

Btw, I think he should take a serious break from doing one piece for a while and come back when he's in tip top condition. I mean it's cool that he is dedicated to his work and all, but he should not kill himself over it, not to mention that he has a family to look after as well.
    **THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT**
    Project
    and Thread (UPDATE 7/5/14)
    **THE SHIZURU KUWABARA: REIKIBUKI STYLE PROJECT**
    Go here (UPDATE 05/23/12)
    My Shadow Blossom fanfic (Ch.4 is up!)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Darthdevil's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Oda should chill down a little , I know that he would never go on vacation cuz of his mentality , but he could at least reduce the chapter production to 2 chapters a month for like 3 months or something .

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

abscess is nasty! eww ewww ewwww now where my chapter at? I thought author make chapters ahead of time? cant they give us something at least

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    abscess is nasty! eww ewww ewwww now where my chapter at? I thought author make chapters ahead of time? cant they give us something at least
    yes, but it means he has been ill since the moment he finished the chapter before last and only more recently did he require to be admitted to hospital.
    You should be worried for his health and not just one chapter.
    Be rational instead of demanding for chapters everybody misses it just the same and its only been one week.

What would you rather, one chapter immediately and NO series due to his ill-health?
    Or a month break and the series continues just like before?

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    Look at the bright side - at least he's taking time off because he's sick and is forced to, not because he's lazy and wants to dick about like Torashi or whoever the mangaka of HxH is. At least we'll see Oda get back into writing if he recovers fully, while we don't know if Togashi will ever even think about drawing a panel for HxH.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So no chapter this week as well, and we get one next week?

IN reality it was a week break, since we learned about the illness during the day that raws come out.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BetaRuler's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I imagine this is almost the first time most of us are even hearing news about his insane schedules he seems to be keeping up to, 3 hours of sleep NO WAY!? Unadvisable even if it's necessary to create the amount of insanity that ensues during the manga ;D

I think Oda should be made to take more breaks or given more holiday time here and there XD

He's the last person any of us want to see ill =O

REST YOURSELF CRAZY GUY ODA!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh, oda-sensei, he finally has a vacation after getting three hours of sleep for years, and now he spends it in crippling agony due to an abcess, I would not be able to do that, this might even be a case of karoshi
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kar%C5%8Dshi

This is a lot better than what happened with d. gray man, where when the mangaka got sick, but she neglected her health further and ended up nearly dying due to her dedication, and that series never recovered, though of course the quality of the series isn't important compared to the permanent damage she suffered, just shows that you have to let these things take their course and be patient.

I noticed in the most recent chapter we see Bellamy floating in the water despite having eaten a devil's fruit... Perhaps it was done very rushed due to oda's injury, I could see him being hospitalized and some interns having to finish the chapter and making such a critical mistake.
    Last edited by winterwyrm; May 27, 2013 at 11:46 PM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast