Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bankai's

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tias's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankai's

I thought they were meant to be extremly rare and something only a select few people had.
    Not it seems like every kid and their mother has a Bankai = /

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankai's

Quote Originally Posted by Tias View Post
    I thought they were meant to be extremly rare and something only a select few people had.
    It is rare. You have to remember that the Vice-Captains and Captains are only a select few out of a huge amount of people in Soul Society.

Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe. But when just about every single shinigami character we know of starts to get a bankai it just gets sad and the "rarity" of a bankai becomes nothing

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

It's common, that people on vice-captain/captain level will get bankai. They're already legends, as they're one of 26 strongest Shinigamis of this generation, from millions. It's not strange, that we'll see all bankais now. And we can see Kubo going wild there, thinking of new abilities. "Real bankai" of Hitsugaya, Aizen's Bankai...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not every single character gets a Bankai. Of the characters we've seen, only 4 have gained Bankai without being a Captain. Ichigo, Renji, Ikkaku, and VC what's his face from the first division. I'm not counting Ginjou 'cause he stole Ichigo's power. Everyone else who has it is a Captain and it is to be expected of them. Maybe you think it's alot because, truthfully, we've seen a crap ton of Captains in SS's History. It's to be expected that some of the stonger VC's get bankais as they are the most probable replacement for their Captain should something happen to them.
    Last edited by eefrit; May 22, 2013 at 08:11 AM.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Duniak; May 22, 2013 at 08:52 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

24 hour rule buddy... no spoilers outside the chapter discussion.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

In order to learn bankai, you just need to have a powerful enough reiatsu. Then you master your shikai, spend 10 years trying to drag your zanpakuto spirit outside of your inner world and kick its ass. And voila - you have bankai. The first requirement (powerful reiatsu) is the most important one; if you weren't lucky to be born strong enough, you can stop dreaming about bankai. Soul Reapers like Hanataro and Maki-Maki most likely will never achieve it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Even accounting for all the possible Bankai that haven't been achieved yet, there's, what - 2 dozen of them, including ex-Captains and Royal Guard. 2 dozen out of what used to be thousands of Shinigami before the VR came and stomped them, who themselves are the select few in a world of millions or billions (not sure how many occupy SS, but it's a lot) of souls who have no power to speak of at all. It's still incredibly rare, it just doesn't feel that way because the only characters worth dealing with in the story are the exceptionally strong ones. Even VCs are ridiculously strong in the scheme of things.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't get why it has to be a few to be special and the range between bankai are at times ridiculously big. I hope we see 100 more bankais, the would still be in a extreme minority
    Meh

11. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually not surprised to see several bankai amongst non-captains. Did you think they always magically sprouted from the ground whenever there is a vacant captain spot? Vice captains are usually prime candidates for captaincy and are very talented. Whenever there needs to be a new aptain, they want a shinigami with bankai. Out of those, they select the best suited to the task. Out of all the options, vice captains are the most likely bankai wielders. I'd think 1-3 non-captain bankai wielding shinigami is quite normal for SS. Around 4-5 may be a bit more unusual, but not impossible.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea how many shinigamis there actually are. I guess there are many but when we only see a certain amount of them and said certain amount all almost have bankai it FEELS like everyone has them.
    --> http://www.mangapanda.com/94-616-8/b...apter-162.html
    This is the part that makes me wonder why so many have Bankais = /

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SoulAuron's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea how many shinigamis there actually are. I guess there are many but when we only see a certain amount of them and said certain amount all almost have bankai it FEELS like everyone has them.
    but if you think about it, all of those statements can easily be true even in the current circumstances, consider that the shinigamy are either imortal or age very slowly, now consider that a few generations go by very quikly, all of these VC come from diferent times, and considering all else that has been mentioned on this topic and the story of bleach so far, we can conclude that all of them have already played deeply important roles in the history of SS, in fact since captains change with time and successors have to come from somewhere the explanation is simply that what we are witnessing is the moment in which the substitutes are rising into future captains, in the story of bleach we where presented severything that happened where paradigm changing events, heck just SS arc was already an enormous change for SS, and it doesnt hold a candle to what happened afterwards.
    the thing is what we are seeing in bleach is the moment in history when all is changed and made new, and the rising of a new generation is part of that, because we see only the very climax of a history so long, and the top elite from an army made of people from all over the world and from many ages, we get the feeling that there are too many strong people, but its just that what we see is only the tip of the iceberg.
    besides, considering that those people live so long and power is inheritable this rule that biakuya said was bound to change, eventually bankay will be a little more common.
    heres what i think is the explanation to BB having multiple DF:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3373390
    here is what orihimes powers are and where shinigami power comes from.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3446556

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd estimate each division to count several hundred members. We're at least given this much info: http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/499/4
    In case the fodder wasn't mostly wiped out, it's at least 5000 shinigami in total. Compared to that, the 20+something that have bankais is really a droplet in a sea.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DraMas26's Avatar
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

There are 6000 Shinigami in the Gotei 13:

http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/523/7

So I don't see how there are too many with Bankai.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast