Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bankai's

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankai's

And even then, those 6000 are considered special because they have reiatsu. The number of people living in SS is far higher than 6000.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's symbolism is all. The next generation is growing to replace the last.

Plus, for this generation of the Gotei 13 to have a class of bankai weilding vice captains would put it in the running to be the strongest generation in SS history. We already know SS has a super long history, something out of the ordinary like more common bankai development is a milstone in Gotei fighting force

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Not just G13, if u count Cpt & Vcs of Onmitsukido & Kido Corps, they could have bankai
    I think all Visored Vcs have bankai
    1.Their reiatsu is very strong before they became hollowfied
    2. They had 100yrs to train including master their hollow form & achieve bankai
    Hisagi, Renji became shinigami about >50yrs and they achieved their bankai so I believe Mashiro, Lisa, Hiyori & Hachi have bankai

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member frozen18ice's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

majority of the people that should have bankai are already in high position.
    i think its the lack of character development that is really stopping them from having one. why introduce them in the story if not to killed or be given emphasis.
    aside from the captains that we have not even seen the bankai and its been so long that it feels like too little to late. if kubo don't start using them soon what will the point of them will be aside from a last moment of the character before they die like gerysai die after he used his bankai.
    i think the vice captains should have bankai's already most of them are 100 years old and have more than enough time to have it.
    matsumoto very old same time as gin, hisagi present already 100 years back when the visord was still in gotei, the guy with fujifujakku he is way powerful than what he is showing people, kira but hes dead unless he get plotkai to life like byakuya, rukia, yachiru,

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SoulAuron's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frozen18ice View Post
    majority of the people that should have bankai are already in high position.
    i think its the lack of character development that is really stopping them from having one. why introduce them in the story if not to killed or be given emphasis.
    aside from the captains that we have not even seen the bankai and its been so long that it feels like too little to late. if kubo don't start using them soon what will the point of them will be aside from a last moment of the character before they die like gerysai die after he used his bankai.
    i think the vice captains should have bankai's already most of them are 100 years old and have more than enough time to have it.
    matsumoto very old same time as gin, hisagi present already 100 years back when the visord was still in gotei, the guy with fujifujakku he is way powerful than what he is showing people, kira but hes dead unless he get plotkai to life like byakuya, rukia, yachiru,
    mmm, a few comas would help people understand your post, but nevertheless i believe the characters that have not had character development already have something planed for them that will be important in the story, especialy the ones with bankai, so i am content to be patient with that.
    heres what i think is the explanation to BB having multiple DF:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3373390

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Quetzalcoatl's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's not forget what kind of manga Bleach really is. It's a power play. Lots of people need bankai because people need that level of power to beat anyone. Let's also face the fact that of the gotei thirteen, save the 11th, 13th, and 4th division. We RARELY see anyone besides the VC and Captains. 11th being Ikkaku and Yumichika, 13th being Rukia and the two bozos (at different points) and 4th being hanatoro. EVEN with all those, we still have to consider that only 11 captains have bankai. add the five who are NOT captains (ichi, renji, ikkaku, and Ginjou (... whose dead), and choujiro (dead too)) you have fifteen. Okay. 24. With the 5 royal guards and Kisuke and Yoruichi and Love. We have to entertain however how many we've SEEN.

1 - YES
    2 - Yes
    3 - No
    4 - ... I guess?
    5 - No
    6 - Yeah
    7 - Yus
    8 - Nah
    9 - Yes
    10 - Yeah
    12 - Yeah
    13 - No

Kisuke - no
    Yoruichi - no
    Love - no
    Royal Guards - Nox5

So 25 characters have a known bankai. Yeah. That IS a lot. This will add in our buddy Hisagi if he gets his too. bringing the total to 24.

NOW. That IS a lot of characters... but let's think about how many shinigami don't have bankai or bankai that we know about...

Tessai, Hachi, Lisa, Nanao, Hiyori, Nemu, Omeda, Izuru (is that dude still alive?), Issane, Hanatoro, Genshiro (ANOTHER SHIRO), Mashiro, Hisagi (currently), Momo, Aizen (NO YOU NEVER SAW BANKAI DIDN'T THINK SO), Iba, Matsumoto, Yumichika, Yachiru, Rukia, Akon, Kaien, I mean there are several other named characters who aren't even significant.

I'd say it's pretty even, and we're looking at the STRONG mofos xD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ryr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Would twin blades have a fusion bankai or something? So far the dual-wielding captains have not released their bankais. It may be intentional so that all the special features of a twin blade bankai can be shown through Ichigo.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SoulAuron's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    Let's not forget what kind of manga Bleach really is. It's a power play. Lots of people need bankai because people need that level of power to beat anyone. Let's also face the fact that of the gotei thirteen, save the 11th, 13th, and 4th division. We RARELY see anyone besides the VC and Captains. 11th being Ikkaku and Yumichika, 13th being Rukia and the two bozos (at different points) and 4th being hanatoro. EVEN with all those, we still have to consider that only 11 captains have bankai. add the five who are NOT captains (ichi, renji, ikkaku, and Ginjou (... whose dead), and choujiro (dead too)) you have fifteen. Okay. 24. With the 5 royal guards and Kisuke and Yoruichi and Love. We have to entertain however how many we've SEEN.

1 - YES
    2 - Yes
    3 - No
    4 - ... I guess?
    5 - No
    6 - Yeah
    7 - Yus
    8 - Nah
    9 - Yes
    10 - Yeah
    12 - Yeah
    13 - No

Kisuke - no
    Yoruichi - no
    Love - no
    Royal Guards - Nox5

So 25 characters have a known bankai. Yeah. That IS a lot. This will add in our buddy Hisagi if he gets his too. bringing the total to 24.

NOW. That IS a lot of characters... but let's think about how many shinigami don't have bankai or bankai that we know about...

Tessai, Hachi, Lisa, Nanao, Hiyori, Nemu, Omeda, Izuru (is that dude still alive?), Issane, Hanatoro, Genshiro (ANOTHER SHIRO), Mashiro, Hisagi (currently), Momo, Aizen (NO YOU NEVER SAW BANKAI DIDN'T THINK SO), Iba, Matsumoto, Yumichika, Yachiru, Rukia, Akon, Kaien, I mean there are several other named characters who aren't even significant.

I'd say it's pretty even, and we're looking at the STRONG mofos xD
    ah, dude, ginjou is all but confirmed to be in SS training with ganju, so take him of the dead list, he died and went to SS, he isnt a soul that died again and cesed to exist or whatever else happens to souls.

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ryr View Post
    Would twin blades have a fusion bankai or something? So far the dual-wielding captains have not released their bankais. It may be intentional so that all the special features of a twin blade bankai can be shown through Ichigo.
    could be, but honestly i believe that the twin blades dont necessarily all work the same way, for all we know about bleach and zanpakuto they all function each in their individual manner, also remember that ichigo is very speccial, he is the only one with a hoolow zan and a quincy zan, i dont think the other dual wielders have that.
    heres what i think is the explanation to BB having multiple DF:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3373390

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2