Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 527

Thread: Sasuke remains an asshole

  1. #31
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sasuke remains an asshole

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Sasuke killing those samurai is no different from Minato killing those Iwa nins or Kakashi killing those Sound nins during the exam. Sasuke killing the Kumo nin is no different from Minato killing that Iwa nin who nearly killed Kakashi first time he used chidori. Sasuke was attacked, he was just defending himself. Why would he put his life or Taka's life at risk by going easy on the samurai and giving them a chance to attack? He even warned them to back off.

    What about Tobirama being delusional and thinking the Uchiha were affected by hatred or emotion? Or thinking that Madara = all Uchiha?
    its totally different, minato was defending his village at war

    sasuke was a rouge ninja on an assassination vendetta

    come on this isnt rocket science

  2. #32
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sasuke remains an asshole

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    its totally different, minato was defending his village at war

    sasuke was a rouge ninja on an assassination vendetta

    come on this isnt rocket science
    Sasuke was defending his team and himself after being betrayed by Zetsu in an attempt to find Danzou. I don't see much difference here, especially since Sasuke even warned the samurai to leave him alone. His only goal was Danzou, no one else.

  3. #33
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Avishek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    West Bengal
    Country
    India
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    283
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sasuke remains an asshole

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Sasuke killing those samurai is no different from Minato killing those Iwa nins or Kakashi killing those Sound nins during the exam. Sasuke killing the Kumo nin is no different from Minato killing that Iwa nin who nearly killed Kakashi first time he used chidori. Sasuke was attacked, he was just defending himself. Why would he put his life or Taka's life at risk by going easy on the samurai and giving them a chance to attack? He even warned them to back off.

    What about Tobirama being delusional and thinking the Uchiha were affected by hatred or emotion? Or thinking that Madara = all Uchiha?
    But you have to understand the SITUATION and the STATUS of each of the people involved in those events.

    Minato - Time of war. Representative of HIS COUNTRY fighting another country
    Kakashi - Killing people who were a threat to the security of HIS VILLAGE
    Tobirama - Genuine concern given the tensions between the Senju and the Uchiha. As a matter of fact, the sharingan has been stated to evolve depending on emotion, so it is a valid point. Yes, he should have attempted to resolve that instead of driving the wedge furthur, but his actions were to help HIS VILLAGE.

    Now coming to Sasuke. He invaded a peace summit after being branded A CRIMINAL by the Cloud Village. The Samurai were DEFENDING the people they were supposed to protect, including one whom Sasuke killed(Danzo), so I doubt they were doing anything stupid. If Sasuke did want to kill Danzo, he should have done so AFTER THE SUMMIT not when they were all meeting. Sadly, Zetsu backstabed him.
    Reading is a good habit.

  4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #34
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sasuke remains an asshole

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Sasuke was defending his team and himself after being betrayed by Zetsu in an attempt to find Danzou. I don't see much difference here, especially since Sasuke even warned the samurai to leave him alone. His only goal was Danzou, no one else.
    you are right, that sasuke was doing in his mind what was proper to avenge the uchiha or whatever

    but if we are talking about WHAT IS ACCEPTABLE TO SOCIETY

    minato was AT WAR (an acceptable time to kill people) and defending his VILLAGE (an acceptable reason to kill people)

    sasuke was ON A VENDETTA (acceptable to him but not society) and at A SUMMIT (not an acceptable time to kill someone, this falls in the assassination category)

    its not complicated bro

    the question is , could sasuke be forgiven by the village?

    in my opinion yes, he could be forgiven especially if he helps defeat madara and thus SAVE THE WORLD

    but could he be forgiven to the point to be accepted as hokage????

    i do not believe so

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #35
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member naruto the best's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    KONOHA
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sasuke remains an asshole

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    you are right, that sasuke was doing in his mind what was proper to avenge the uchiha or whatever

    but if we are talking about WHAT IS ACCEPTABLE TO SOCIETY

    minato was AT WAR (an acceptable time to kill people) and defending his VILLAGE (an acceptable reason to kill people)

    sasuke was ON A VENDETTA (acceptable to him but not society) and at A SUMMIT (not an acceptable time to kill someone, this falls in the assassination category)

    its not complicated bro

    the question is , could sasuke be forgiven by the village?

    in my opinion yes, he could be forgiven especially if he helps defeat madara and thus SAVE THE WORLD

    but could he be forgiven to the point to be accepted as hokage????

    i do not believe so
    Correct!

    Sasuke has pulled some overlapping shots that if examined closely and technically he deserves some punishment.

    But surely he'll be forgiven.

    We have to consider the support presence of Naruto, Kakashi and the Kages. So no doubt he'll be forgiven.

    As the Hokage???

    Guys Kishi can actually make it happen.
    But if he becomes the Hokage and Naruto is just a side-shinobi supporting him that's a big room for disappointment!!!
    If Sasuke becomes the Hokage (as Kishi can make it happen) then Naruto must be somewhat like a "Sage" who neutralizes the world and lead all the Kages. This way Naruto the main protagonist gets the spotlight he deserves. He is 'The Child of Prophecy' after all, someone who will search and establish true peace as prophesized.

    Maturity Level???

    They'll be mature soon enough to do what they are supposed to do!

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #36
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sasuke remains an asshole

    Quote Originally Posted by Avishek View Post
    But you have to understand the SITUATION and the STATUS of each of the people involved in those events.

    Minato - Time of war. Representative of HIS COUNTRY fighting another country
    Kakashi - Killing people who were a threat to the security of HIS VILLAGE
    Tobirama - Genuine concern given the tensions between the Senju and the Uchiha. As a matter of fact, the sharingan has been stated to evolve depending on emotion, so it is a valid point. Yes, he should have attempted to resolve that instead of driving the wedge furthur, but his actions were to help HIS VILLAGE.

    Now coming to Sasuke. He invaded a peace summit after being branded A CRIMINAL by the Cloud Village. The Samurai were DEFENDING the people they were supposed to protect, including one whom Sasuke killed(Danzo), so I doubt they were doing anything stupid. If Sasuke did want to kill Danzo, he should have done so AFTER THE SUMMIT not when they were all meeting. Sadly, Zetsu backstabed him.
    Minato was still a criminal/enemy in other vlilages and rather than try and make peace with them, he chose to kill the soldiers in cold blood. Why? To protect Konoha. Tobirama also acted on rumors with no basis in truth and judged Uchiha based on Madara. Why? To protect Konoha. Sasuke, after warning the samurai to back and being attacked, killed the samurai. Why? To defend himself and his teammates. There's really not much difference, Sasuke was defending his people too.

    the samurai did nothing stupid, they only did as they were supposed to. But what I'm saying is that Sasuke killed them out of defense. And according to Karin, Sasuke did plan on killing Danzou after the summit, not before or during. He was just betrayed by Zetsu while trying to do reconnaissance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    you are right, that sasuke was doing in his mind what was proper to avenge the uchiha or whatever

    but if we are talking about WHAT IS ACCEPTABLE TO SOCIETY

    minato was AT WAR (an acceptable time to kill people) and defending his VILLAGE (an acceptable reason to kill people)

    sasuke was ON A VENDETTA (acceptable to him but not society) and at A SUMMIT (not an acceptable time to kill someone, this falls in the assassination category)

    its not complicated bro

    the question is , could sasuke be forgiven by the village?

    in my opinion yes, he could be forgiven especially if he helps defeat madara and thus SAVE THE WORLD

    but could he be forgiven to the point to be accepted as hokage????

    i do not believe so
    He did not plan on assassinating Danzou anytime before the Summit finished, if Karin guessed Sasuke right. Again, I see nothing different from Sasuke defending himself and his teammates from samurai and Minato and Kakashi killing enemies in cold blood.

    Sasuke will likely be forgiven to the point that he'll be accepted as hokage. if Gaara was forgiven, and Tobirama trusted by Uchiha, then why not Sasuke? Especially when the Alliance are doing badly. Only way I can see him messing up is if he kills a good guy.

  10. #37
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member naruto the best's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    KONOHA
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sasuke remains an asshole

    @ M3J

    The big difference between Minato and Sasuke is that the latter is a rogue ninja who is typically marked for punishment.
    Tsunade did pardon Sasuke for Naruto's sake but technically he deserves some punishment. We can never deny this for him as a missing-nin plus what he did to the Summit surely contributes that his mark was being capitalized on an international scale. Even he did plan to kill Danzo after the summit it won't change the fact that he committed some violent blows there. He might have been influenced but still he is accountable for what he did. Yeah in the most technical sense he deserves some form of punishment. But as the manga goes I doubt he'll be punished. Surely for me he'll be forgiven and take some active roles in the village.

    The Hokage matter as for now is pretty debatable considering Naruto's context and all the situation angles.

  11. #38
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sasuke remains an asshole

    He does need to be punished, at the very least for what he might have done to Konoha and for his actions. But, what he did at the Summit was all in self-defense.

  12. #39
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sasuke remains an asshole

    Quote Originally Posted by Xrayz0r
    Oh and last let me say this. To anyone giving him a pass because it's only now that he has all the truth, he already had ALL he needed not to be an insane genocidal psychopath, after Tobi told him about Itachi. Taking out Danzou and the Konoha elders, that is fine. Normal reaction. But the fact that he chose to kill everyone including children who don't know anything, all because Itachi suffered for them, that is pathetic moral reasoning.
    No one's giving Sasuke a pass on anything. I don't think anyone's ever claimed that he was anything other than an asshole. The difference between us and you, is we know where the assholery comes from: He's an Uchiha. He has no control over it. You don't argue morals and logic to someone who has no control over their emotions. In other words, you wouldn't call a bipolar person an asshole. You'd call them bipolar. You wouldn't call a manic-depressive person a crybaby. You'd call them manic-depressive.

    Out of the entire wall of text you posted not a single claim you made took into consideration the Curse of Hatred. And I think you did it deliberately to try to make it look like Sasuke is an asshole because he wants to be, or because he's a genuine bad person. All the murder and hatred and psychotic behavior he's displayed is because he wants to avenge those he loves, aswell as protect those that his brother loves.

    Does that sound like an asshole to you? And before anyone claims Itachi or Shisui are better because they didn't fall to the same Curse, remember that Itachi still murdered an entire damn clan to protect those he loved.

  13. #40
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,535
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sasuke remains an asshole

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Minato was still a criminal/enemy in other vlilages and rather than try and make peace with them, he chose to kill the soldiers in cold blood. Why? To protect Konoha. Tobirama also acted on rumors with no basis in truth and judged Uchiha based on Madara. Why? To protect Konoha. Sasuke, after warning the samurai to back and being attacked, killed the samurai. Why? To defend himself and his teammates. There's really not much difference, Sasuke was defending his people too.

    the samurai did nothing stupid, they only did as they were supposed to. But what I'm saying is that Sasuke killed them out of defense. And according to Karin, Sasuke did plan on killing Danzou after the summit, not before or during. He was just betrayed by Zetsu while trying to do reconnaissance.



    He did not plan on assassinating Danzou anytime before the Summit finished, if Karin guessed Sasuke right. Again, I see nothing different from Sasuke defending himself and his teammates from samurai and Minato and Kakashi killing enemies in cold blood.

    Sasuke will likely be forgiven to the point that he'll be accepted as hokage. if Gaara was forgiven, and Tobirama trusted by Uchiha, then why not Sasuke? Especially when the Alliance are doing badly. Only way I can see him messing up is if he kills a good guy.
    the question isnt was what sasuke did MORALLY wrong

    dude, i am in HUGE favor of sasuke knocking Danzou off

    danzou was an evil shady deceptive piece of shit

    but just because use anime viewers/manga readers know that

    it doest mean the society in the manga know that or believe that

    to them, sasuke is basically a terrorist


    once again, i agree with him killing danzou, i would have done it too

    but him trying to kidnap bee, in a time of non-war in another village/land

    and everything else, is probably too much for him to be forgiven to the point to being accepted as hokage

    ---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    He does need to be punished, at the very least for what he might have done to Konoha and for his actions. But, what he did at the Summit was all in self-defense.
    thats not how society views it though

  14. #41
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sasuke remains an asshole

    Society is biased. I'm not saying Sasuke was excused for invading the Summit or killing Danzou, he's not, but he didn't fight at the Summit. He fought back, which is what people do when attacked.


    Am I the only one who thinks Curse of Hatred is bullpoop?

  15. #42
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member naruto the best's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    KONOHA
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sasuke remains an asshole

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    He does need to be punished, at the very least for what he might have done to Konoha and for his actions. But, what he did at the Summit was all in self-defense.
    Any person who has his teammates with him will automatically protect his team - may it on the good or bad side.

    It just so happen that Sasuke, though in his self-defense act, has his actions fall on the bad side. Who would say it's good to attack the summit? or is it okay to attack the summit? I think no one would support that!

    Killing Danzo would mean justice for him...
    But killing those people like the samurais who have nothing to do with your goals whatsoever isn't supposed to be branded as 'yeah normal shinobis kill each other so Sasuke's actions should be considered no problem'. Imagine if we were close relatives of those samurais and we found out that Uchiha Sasuke killed them?. Just imagine the reaction!..It's not that easy. . While it's so easy to find other's mistakes in order to justify our reason and treat those mistakes as an excuse of someone's bad actions, it's not actually easy to forgive immediately. . Things must be on process.

    Again Sasuke deserves punishment with his actions, but I doubt considering the plot that he'll get it!

  16. #43
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Country
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    97
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sasuke remains an asshole

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Out of the entire wall of text you posted not a single claim you made took into consideration the Curse of Hatred.
    If you're going to take the deterministic approach, you have to be consistent and apply it to ALL of reality, not just one family of ninja. In that reality, since determinism stems from ALL laws, not just those of your choosing to fit your own purposes in a debate, no objective free will exists anyway. If this goes for the Uchiha, then this is extended to everyone else as well, defeating your own point. It's like pulling "the curse of the genes that when combined with very specific nurturing environments result in pedophilia", the curse of ADHD that causes them to be annoying without being responsible for it, the curse of the genes that when combined with your very specific upbringing causes you to write silly posts on forums.

    You're not going to condone pedophilia, are you? Still, pedo's can't help it because their genetic makeup and upbringing resulted in what they are and what they do. Uchiha's curse of hatred won't help you here. Especially when Itachi went through all the Sharingan evolutions (supposedly releasing curse of hatred) without turning evil.

  17. #44
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sasuke remains an asshole

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J
    Am I the only one who thinks Curse of Hatred is bullpoop?
    Yep. It's all but confirmed now. Sorry.

  18. #45
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Avishek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    West Bengal
    Country
    India
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    283
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Sasuke remains an asshole

    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Yep. It's all but confirmed now. Sorry.
    Heck, sprouting such vague lines like 'Curse of Hatred' and 'True Peace' is why a manga about the growth of shinobi and 'new surpasses the old' theme has degenerated into a BATTLE BETWEEN ZOMBIES AND MONSTERS. What are the actual shinobi doing? They're wondering why they're there.
    Reading is a good habit.

New Reply
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts