Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Sasuke remains an asshole

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sasuke remains an asshole

Had Sasuke ever been persecuted for anything, I would have cringed with utmost disgust at the lopsidedness as a result of the whole Patriotic thing as being some kind of a 'free' ideology to slaughter as Nations or their followers saw fit.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

The last chapter sucked.

Anyway Sasuke seems a bit more chill now. I figured he was gonna be all like, yo now that Im here everythings fine, just let me handle this and Naruto dont get in my way.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    i cant think of any way that minato was an asshole

except maybe walking around with 4th hokage on his back, that is pretty asshole-ish
    He did kill people in droves in the Third Shinobi War. Doesn't make him an asshole to his own people, but to other people. He was cold blooded there is no doubting that, he certainly lacks his sons mercy. I tend to think that's a good thing but others might not.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sarutobi_sensei View Post
    Last but not least, what the hell does yout last coment have to do with anything?
    Was directed at someone who is half my age, can't speak English well, and joined the site a few weeks ago to post nothing but trollish comments. Need more of an explanation?
    Last edited by Delbi; June 15, 2013 at 11:20 PM.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xrayz0r View Post
    The last chapter sucked.

Anyway Sasuke seems a bit more chill now. I figured he was gonna be all like, yo now that Im here everythings fine, just let me handle this and Naruto dont get in my way.
    I think Sasuke either realized the importance of teamwork or sees no reason to be all "I GOT THIS YOU WEAKLINGS," especially since Naruto was unable to handle Madara or the Juubi.

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

@sarturobi_sensei

Spoiler show

This is a response to the above.

Sasuke was a criminal, but then again A and Oonoki and many of the past Kages are considered criminals by their peers for their war crimes, illegal actions, and all sorts of shady shit they did.

In hindsight, what Sasuke did, not what he planned to do, is nothing compared to the transgressions of those before him.

As for Danzou, you realize he was the kicker behind the Uchiha massacure? That he watched as his village was destroyed just so he could become Hokage? That he captured non shinobi children and trained them as spys? That he let Orochimaru do what he pleased with innocent people? Sasuke is a saint compared to him.

Sasuke, again, did not knowingly contribute to anything. He had no idea what Obtio's plans were. Oonki actually hired Akatsuki to work for him. Him giving them money helped them gain power to capture Biju's.

If Sasuke stayed in the village he would have still killed Itachi. Itachi was always going to let Sasuke kill him, and only in his death did he realize he shouldn't of did that. Nothing about Sasuke or anyone in Konoha would have brought Itachi back to Konoha to be healed, you must be crazy if you think that.

And finally, it seems that you haven't been paying attention. How can the shinobi villages forgiven one another for all their crimes, all the killing they've done, and not be hypocrites if they punish Sasuke, who is a product of the system that they run into the fucking ground? Sasuke deserved to punished before all the hoola that Naruto, Gaara and Onoki shouted during this war. They basically gave a free pass to all people who've they fought against before, and there is no reason Sasuke should be excluded from that, none whatsoever, especially since he is the ONLY reason the Alliance is still standing right now. He revived Orochimaru, he wanted the Hokages, and he let Orochimaru let them (minus Hashirama) stay resurrected to fight in the war.
    Last edited by Delbi; June 06, 2013 at 09:26 AM.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

6. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Delbi
    I don't like how you are talking to posters here. Everyone has legitimate arguments, not just you.

Nodody argues that Danzou is a saint. Most of what he did is unkown to anybody else though.
    The way you are defending Sasuke is wrong though, He didn't know akatsukis motifs therefore it can't be hold against him? He captured (tried) Bee and knew he might die, he infiltrated a country and killed people to show is loyality to Obito. Ignorance doesn't save you from judgement. If he didn't know their objectives he shouldn't have cooperated. And Sasuke isn't stupid to begin with. He atleast knew their target are the jununshuriki and the possible destruction of konoha. Comparing him to other people who did evil doesn't lessen his crimes. They might get absolution because they are in the position of -kage. He isnt a -kage yet.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ryr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crazytype View Post
    @ Delbi
    They might get absolution because they are in the position of -kage. He isnt a -kage yet.
    Right, so being a Kage absolves all your crimes, that's really 'convincing' right there.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Delbi
    I don't like how you are talking to posters here. Everyone has legitimate arguments, not just you.
    Can't remember the last time a mod has told me I'm doing anything inappropriate. If my responses are too blunt it's because I expect people to understand the basic concepts of the piece of fiction they are talking about.

Nodody argues that Danzou is a saint. Most of what he did is unkown to anybody else though.
    The way you are defending Sasuke is wrong though, He didn't know akatsukis motifs therefore it can't be hold against him? He captured (tried) Bee and knew he might die, he infiltrated a country and killed people to show is loyality to Obito. Ignorance doesn't save you from judgement. If he didn't know their objectives he shouldn't have cooperated. And Sasuke isn't stupid to begin with. He atleast knew their target are the jununshuriki and the possible destruction of konoha. Comparing him to other people who did evil doesn't lessen his crimes. They might get absolution because they are in the position of -kage. He isnt a -kage yet.
    My point was that Sasuke's crimes are no different than the Raikage's, Onoki's, or any of the ninja in the wold. The alliance has forgiven all of its members for the atrocities that it has committed, but Sasuke is somehow exempt from that forgiveness?

Again, they'd all be dead if not for him. His crimes were punishable before all this BS with the alliance turning the other cheek to everything and loving one another thanks to Gaara, Naruto, and Onoki.

If they were to punish Sasuke, they'd be nothing by hypocrites. If you can't see that, then there is something very wrong.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

sasuke is still a kid who can be easily influenced.

he should be forgiven.

gaara and others were assholes but they changed.

so why not sasuke?
    i know his powers will surely help the alliance bring the opponents down.

perhaps sasuke may beat madara

sasuke vs madara

bring it on!

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joshuax View Post
    sasuke is still a kid who can be easily influenced.

he should be forgiven.

gaara and others were assholes but they changed.

so why not sasuke?
    i know his powers will surely help the alliance bring the opponents down.

perhaps sasuke may beat madara

sasuke vs madara

bring it on!
    He's not still a kid though, he's like 18 years old now. Not to mention, the concept of "child" doesn't mean much in this world given the fact that people are trained to start killing people at the ripe age of 5.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

After this last chapter Ill co-sign on the title thread
    Meh

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I am also going to "co-sign" with the title.

I wanted to w8 and see more on how Sasuke's mind works but... He is still the same dude... Posted this in another place but i can see is relevant to this topic so:

Sasuke did NOT change... Only his goal...

Before:
    Sasuke: I will destroy you all!
    After:
    Sasuke: I will dominate you all!

He really is no different... He is going to destroy anything in his way to get what he wants...

Sasuke is just about the same damn thing with Anakin:

Quote Quote:
    Obi-Wan Kenobi: You have allowed this dark lord to twist your mind, until now, until now you've become the very thing you swore to destroy.

Anakin Skywalker: Don't lecture me, Obi-Wan! I see through the lies of the Jedi. I do not fear the dark side as you do. I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: Your new Empire?

Anakin Skywalker: Don't make me kill you.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: Anakin, my allegiance is to the Republic, to democracy.

Anakin Skywalker: If you're not with me, then you're my enemy.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: [realizing that Anakin is consumed by evil and there's no reasoning with him anymore] Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

[draws his lightsaber]

Obi-Wan Kenobi: I will do what I must.

Anakin Skywalker: You will try.
    Sounds familiar? Sasuke curent goal is to build his "new empire" and fuck whoever get's in his way.. He already made it clear he does not give a damn about the others opinions and he will BE HOKAGE... Now he is not giving a damn about Naruto and he is goign to kill those bijus...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    I am also going to "co-sign" with the title.

I wanted to w8 and see more on how Sasuke's mind works but... He is still the same dude... Posted this in another place but i can see is relevant to this topic so:

Sasuke did NOT change... Only his goal...

Before:
    Sasuke: I will destroy you all!
    After:
    Sasuke: I will dominate you all!

He really is no different... He is going to destroy anything in his way to get what he wants...

Sasuke is just about the same damn thing with Anakin:

Sounds familiar? Sasuke curent goal is to build his "new empire" and fuck whoever get's in his way.. He already made it clear he does not give a damn about the others opinions and he will BE HOKAGE... Now he is not giving a damn about Naruto and he is goign to kill those bijus...
    Yup , and that's what will lead him and Naruto their final fight at VOTE.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

So basically, Sasuke being a lot like Tobirama makes Sasuke an asshole but Tobirama good? YES, DOUBLE STANDARDS HERE.

I don't see what's wrong with what Sasuke's doing. Unless he actually kills someone from Konoha, his plan to become a hokage doesn't make him an asshole. Hell, Konohamaru was willing to beat his grandfather up to become a hokage, but why isn't that mentioned? People just like to nitpick at everything Sasuke does but turn a blind eye towards characters like Gaara and Naruto.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Tobirama is an ass, what does that matter? Does it make Sasuke less of one?
    Meh

New Reply
Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast