Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36

Thread: The Reunion ( Review)

  1. #16
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Avishek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    West Bengal
    Country
    India
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    283
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Reunion ( Review)

    Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    No. i think You just misunderstood naruto's answer. He said "yes" because sakura is indeed naruto's GIRL FRIEND.

    And i don't think minato's opinion is already a fact, he just said that because sakura reminded him to kushina.

    Don't worry, Sakura is still inlove to sasuke.
    The thing is Naruto is still smitten by Sakura and he hasn't really given much importance to Hinata being 'in love with him' or doesn't understand her feelings. He's still in the 'friends'-zone with her, atleast by his standing. He may admire her and somewhat empathize with her, but love........I think he's just clueless when it comes to Hinata. Despite this, I can't see Sakura falling for him, he has become the little-brother archetype for her. And with Sasuke back on the 'good' side, any chance of NaruxSaku has sailed and any pairing will feel contrived. Kushina and Sakura are poles apart. One was a outcast(like Naruto) and Minato was the one who made her feel wanted, while Sakura is your average girl with no problematic childhood whatsoever.

    Heck, Kushina may be the only female character in this manga who hasn't made me feel she's completely overawed by the men around her. Heck, even Tsunade fawned over Oro for no reason other than he was mysterious and skilled(kind of like Sakura). The fact that she got over it doesn't exempt her from this category.
    Reading is a good habit.

  2. #17
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity segua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,627
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Reunion ( Review)

    If Minato has the other half, do you think that Minato might gift that other half to Naruto to complete the Kyuubi? With a complete Kyuubi, would not Naruto be much stronger? Just a hypothesis that I just thought up while reading your review.


    (Please read from right to left.)

  3. #18
    Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member otomo20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Malaysia
    Country
    Malaysia
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    478
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Reunion ( Review)

    Quote Originally Posted by segua View Post
    If Minato has the other half, do you think that Minato might gift that other half to Naruto to complete the Kyuubi? With a complete Kyuubi, would not Naruto be much stronger? Just a hypothesis that I just thought up while reading your review.
    I put that in my predictions for a few chapters ago, anyways yes, I am pretty sure Minato will give him the other half. he did say he has a big gift for his son.

  4. #19
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    679
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Reunion ( Review)

    Kishi sure does seem to love trolling the Shippers doesn't he? At least Oda had the decency to say none of them will ever happen.

    Still calling NaruHina being shot down because I like it though. I've learned better than to hope about these things.

    Sasuke wanting to be Hokage is a kinda spur of the moment thing. And he hasn't had the developments and realiztions that Naruto has. Naruto has learned to look at the big picture. The cycle of revenge. That it's not just about the leaf. Sasuke still hasn't realized that Hokage means more than telling the village what to do. Basicly if Sasuke gets recognized as Hokage, Naruto would still be the one everyone listens to and respects.
    Last edited by Super Angillis; May 23, 2013 at 04:48 PM.

    What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

  5. #20
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    136
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Reunion ( Review)

    Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    No. i think You just misunderstood naruto's answer. He said "yes" because sakura is indeed naruto's GIRL FRIEND.

    And i don't think minato's opinion is already a fact, he just said that because sakura reminded him to kushina.

    Don't worry, Sakura is still inlove to sasuke.
    Disregarding my support or non-support of NaruSaku, in Japanese, there's no way to confuse 'girlfriend' and 'girl friend'. The word Minato used was 'kanojo', and it can only mean 'girlfriend' or 'girl'. So unless Naruto thought his father was asking if Sakura is a girl, your argument is moot.

    May just be comic relief, though. It doesn't help the one who's torn most about NaruSaku or NaruHina is Kishi himself. I'm fine with either. I'm actually also fine with open ending (those four actually don't end up with anyone). As long as I can see Team 7 in action together, I'm good.

  6. #21
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xiraiya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cloud Village
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Reunion ( Review)

    Good review, I liked it a lot.
    My only response is, as much as I hate the fact Kishi ruined Sakura for me, Naruto has always gravitated to her, always liked her, Kushina wants him to find someone like herself, I've always said that Sakura fits the Kushina type and even that was confirmed by Minato in this chapter, looking at everything, I think Kishi has definitely implied it all for a reason, does Sakura deserve Naruto? No she doesn't. But that's just how it is.

  7. #22
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    136
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Reunion ( Review)

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiraiya View Post
    Good review, I liked it a lot.
    My only response is, as much as I hate the fact Kishi ruined Sakura for me, Naruto has always gravitated to her, always liked her, Kushina wants him to find someone like herself, I've always said that Sakura fits the Kushina type and even that was confirmed by Minato in this chapter, looking at everything, I think Kishi has definitely implied it all for a reason, does Sakura deserve Naruto? No she doesn't. But that's just how it is.
    I don't get the 'deserve' thing every ship war revolves around. You either like someone romantically or you're not. It's not like you can help it. Naruto have a total fixation on Sasuke which eclipsed anything resembles 'love' he showed to Sakura, but I encounter significantly less question along the line of 'Does Sasuke deserves the Naruto's and Sakura's faith?'

    It's not as if Sakura is a bad girl. No girl should be obligated to like someone back just because a 'Naruto' like her. No matter how awesome he is. The other way around works that way too. Naruto is not in any way should be obligated to return Hinata's love just because she's lucky/damaged enough to like someone who's totally a school dropout material that turned out to be awesome.

  8. #23
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    679
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Reunion ( Review)

    I think the deserve thing comes from this. In some love triangles you see two girls. One is the girl who the male lead has a crush on. She is always rude and dismissiive at best to him, often belittling him, hitting him and generally treating him poorly. But apparently she really does like him deep down inside. The other girl makes it clear she likes him. She's supportive, helps him out and puts his own well being and happiness before her own. It's sort of like you have a girl who has a great guy who likes her, but she always stays with her jackass boyfriend. The type of guy who wants to know where his sandwich is and when she's sick tells her not to wait up while he goes out clubbing.

    What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

  9. #24
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    Zimbabwe
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    167
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Reunion ( Review)

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Angillis View Post
    I think the deserve thing comes from this. In some love triangles you see two girls. One is the girl who the male lead has a crush on. She is always rude and dismissiive at best to him, often belittling him, hitting him and generally treating him poorly. But apparently she really does like him deep down inside. The other girl makes it clear she likes him. She's supportive, helps him out and puts his own well being and happiness before her own. It's sort of like you have a girl who has a great guy who likes her, but she always stays with her jackass boyfriend. The type of guy who wants to know where his sandwich is and when she's sick tells her not to wait up while he goes out clubbing.
    Man, this is such a stereotypical... stereotype. But yeah, such things really happen.
    It's the same shit with tsundere characters. Naruto is a classical shonen manga, the kind where the hero gets the girl he wants. But hey, we had enough subversions of shonen cliches in Naruto, why won't Kishi do something different with romance?
    Yeah yeah, I know, hoping is bad for your health, but listen to what I'm about to say next.

    About holding hands. Now see here folks, in Japan it's a big thing. Like, really big. There it is considered a PDA. Like kissing elsewhere. I'm dead serious.

    So, Kishimoto is fucking with us. Besides, here's what I know from my Japanese acquaintance.
    By offing Neji, Kishimoto sunk one of the more popular japanese ships - Neji/Hinata. A big part of those guys converted to Naruto/Hinata cause, which already was the most popular heterosexual pairing.

    So, here we are with two facts.

    1. There's absolutely no way SasuNaru (or the other way around) is gonna happen, sorry yaoi fans.
    2. NaruHina is by far most popular pairing, in Japan and elsewhere.

    The logical conclusion is that NaruHina is the most probable outcome.

  10. #25
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    136
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Reunion ( Review)

    I don't follow the anime, so based on manga, Sakura stopped belittling Naruto since... volume 4? 5? Hitting him is only done for comedic relief (and apparently people in Japan are into that), and in no way she's treating him poorly. 'Rude and dismissive at best' is in no way Sakura's behavior to Naruto in the manga. Maybe in the first three books or so, but not after that. Hell, after 2nd book, 'dismissive at best' isn't Sakura's behavior. Hinata and Sakura both put Naruto's happiness ahead of their own. Sakura clearly have Naruto in mind when she almost resigned from Chuunin exam. The difference is Sakura did the 'putting one's wellbeing and happiness ahead her own' for both Sasuke and Naruto (oh no, how can you care about more than one person?). Sakura can turn off her feeling for Sasuke no better than Naruto can turn off his.

    Both Naruto and Sakura acted like the girlfriend of an abusive boyfriend anyway; the one who's convinced that the said boyfriend will turn good again if she just loves him hard enough.

    So I'm now reading Naruto for the plot and doesn't care anymore about the romantic outcome. I'll search for good fanfic for that. And as long as SasuHina doesn't happen, I'm happy as a lark.

  11. #26
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    Zimbabwe
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    167
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Reunion ( Review)

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexisMeade View Post
    And as long as SasuHina doesn't happen, I'm happy as a lark.
    Hahahahaha, amen to that!

  12. #27
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Melbourne Gantz room.
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,858
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Reunion ( Review)

    Well everything is going to slow down for them all after the war unless a new enemy causes trouble for all. Naruto broke when he saw Hinata get stabbed he also witness that day that she was the first to embrace 'his ninja way' and reminded him of it. Couple of chapters before she woke him up again and brought his resolve back. I am sure he will acknowledge after everything has slown down. He rejected Sakura (After the pain saga when she was trying to make him not chase sauske) because he accepts her feelings for sauske and wanted to bring sauske to her after he left them. Sakura admitted she still has feelings for sauske while in the med tent and it won't go away from that he is no longer crazy killing leaf dude anymore lol.

    Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

  13. #28
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Venice
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    9,093
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Reunion ( Review)

    nice review,man. if you may accept a friend's advice, you should shorten it a little bit just to make reading easier

  14. #29
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Reunion ( Review)

    I think that Sakura should live a lonely life while Naruto marries Hinata and Karin sluts herself to Sasuke

  15. #30
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kage Fuusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    45
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    155
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The Reunion ( Review)

    Quote Originally Posted by shane1594 View Post
    I think that Sakura should live a lonely life while Naruto marries Hinata and Karin sluts herself to Sasuke
    I think Sakura should shack up with Ino since they both lose out on Sasuke.
    http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr16/kenbond007/Karindrooling2.jpg
    Let me tell you something about crazy people...the sex is unbelievable. - Richard Castle

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts