Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2) , Gintama 511 by kewl0210
New Reply

Thread: Critiques for my WIP manga, "Bullet Proof."

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner artistRainwater's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweaty Critiques for my WIP manga, "Bullet Proof."

Hi all! I'm a newbie here, but I'm very anxious to tell you about a manga I'm working on called "Bullet Proof." Here's a quick synopsis without spoilers:

The story takes place in a post-war-torn future metropolis called Goliath City. Augustus Fox, founder of the weapons & arms company, Chariot, Inc., is murdered in his office by a skilled assassin that left very little traces of evidence. Heir to the company is his son, Andrew Fox, a recent graduate of a private school, The Angel Academy.

When news lashes out that there is a street price for Andrew’s head, secret anti-crime group Gunmetal Society is forced to intercept.

Hired bodyguards Delixes J. Miles, Varreck Waters, and Odus McAllister are assigned to The Fox Assignment, protecting Andrew at all costs until his name is free of the Hit List as well as the clearing of Augustus’ murder case. To further conceal that Gunmetal Society is collaborating with Chariot, the three hired bodyguards are given mock occupations around Andrew’s schedule to disguise their work.

Gunmetal’s secret weapon to Andrew’s protection is Delixes, who under oath of Gunmetal, must not reveal that he is sheer bullet proof.

I DO have an extended synopsis with spoilers, but until I get some feedback, I'll post that later. I'm working on the first book, and you can follow this link to check out a completed page in my future web manga. The spiky hair man with the bandanna is Delixes: http://freelikewater.deviantart.com/...MPLE-371366632 or just follow here and begin reading. I post each page as I complete them: http://freelikewater.deviantart.com/...1-02-373279493

Thoughts? Comments? Critiques? Much appreciated!
    Last edited by artistRainwater; May 23, 2013 at 04:04 PM. Reason: updated link

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Farfalla's Avatar
    Country
    Wallis & Futuna
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Critiques for my WIP manga, "Bullet Proof."

It looks rly good! The art reminds me of some old school mangas. And the story sounds interesting. Maybe you can have it on MangaMagazine in the future^^ I'd like to follow it.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks kinda cool. The art style, as Lala mentioned, reminds me of some oldschool manga. Trinity Blood maybe? I don't know, haven't read it.
    Anyway, nice. Keep it up. I skimmed the first pages and thought the beginning was a little long. Not bad, but kinda unnecessary. It feels too important even though it really isn't.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I like it. Love the art work. Old school stuff. That dude reminds me of vash the stampede. Keep posting and keep us updated!!!!!!

Official Fan Page of God's Blade The Manga. Click On Sig
    -Oj Ayoku-

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Bahrain
    Post Thanks / Like

i love it the plot everything.

New Reply