Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Sasuke be Hokage or even a Hokage candidate?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Avishek's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Should Sasuke be Hokage or even a Hokage candidate?

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Yes Shika version is so much better. He has his tools and those tools are Naruto, Sasuke and ALL the other ninja's in the village. Shikamaru sitting back and directing the fight would be so much better then Naruto charging in like a moron and hoping Konoha can take care of itself as he is fighting X dude.

Brain over braw as long as its not a kindergarten fight. You have a good reason why Naruto was not made chunin... A chunin needs to LEAD people with tactics and what not....

Naruto can charge the front lines as a Genin and as a Hokage.

@Avishek

Itachi did genocide on his own people even if it was to protect Konoha. In the end i would defenetly not vote for him.
    Still compared to Sasuke, he's a saint right now to Konoha.
    Reading is a good habit.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@Avishek

I have no idea why you would state that but Itachi has done genocide. Killing everybody from the clan. Women and children included. I have no idea what Sasuke has done to put him up with this.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

@Avishek

I have no idea why you would state that but Itachi has done genocide. Killing everybody from the clan. Women and children included. I have no idea what Sasuke has done to put him up with this.
    Actually I didn't mean his actions weren't as brutal as that of serial killers. I'm saying he was forced to kill them by the Village Elders, which included THE THIRD HOKAGE and Danzou. Compared to him, Sasuke attacked and killed people on his own free will. He wasn't forced or controlled. No matter how heinous the action(and I'm appalled thinking he could kill innocent women and babies in cribs without flinching. My god, that resolve to duty...is terrifying), Itachi can be favourably compared to Sasuke.
    Reading is a good habit.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@Avishek

Sarutobi did not forced him to do anything. He was in negociations with his clan. Danzo again did not force him. He just presented him with a deal. Kill the clan and i will make sure Sasuke is fine.

He attacked and killed.. Danzo? Considering what he did at the Hokage meeting nobody is going to cry after him... Deidara? They are probably going to give him a big TY!..

Sasuke do has his crimes but considering he helped stop the ET and saved the entire world by resurecting and bringing the ET Kages there i don't see why his past crimes would not forgiven.

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

@Avishek

Sasuke did it for himself, he intended to kill innocent people for himself, to feel better, he didn't care if it would make the world better or not. Itachi did it for the sake of the village. I'm not saying at all that this reason is good but fact is all Itachi did was for the village. If the people has to choose, they'd rather pick the guy who have them in his heart rather than the guy who showed that he didn't give a shit about them, which would mean that he'd be able to sacrifice them for his own sake, not for their greater good.

Again, I'm not saying Itachi's actions are commendable but in this context, the intent matters.

edit : Besides Sasuke had every intention to do "better" than Itachi if it comes to scale (killing whole village > clan).
    Last edited by Gats; May 23, 2013 at 09:09 AM.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

@Avishek

Sarutobi did not forced him to do anything. He was in negociations with his clan. Danzo again did not force him. He just presented him with a deal. Kill the clan and i will make sure Sasuke is fine.

He attacked and killed.. Danzo? Considering what he did at the Hokage meeting nobody is going to cry after him... Deidara? They are probably going to give him a big TY!..

Sasuke do has his crimes but considering he helped stop the ET and saved the entire world by resurecting and bringing the ET Kages there i don't see why his past crimes would not forgiven.
    Deidara is not something that ANYBODY holds against Sasuke. And while Danzo did behave disgracefully at the Summit, I doubt killing him will bring any positive reaction from the other Kages. And poor A will continue to hold a grudge - heck, he lost his arm and the guy tried to kidnap his brother!

Still, I believe that he can be forgiven, especially given he has Naruto and Gaara's backing and he hasn't actively participated in anything that led to Konoha's plights. But from that to Hokage is a big stretch.
    Reading is a good habit.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Sasuke should not be a hokage. he might make better decisions than Naruto, but he's not necessarily about the village, but about Itachi's love for the village.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ryr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll answer your question on behalf of Kishi,

YES

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ryr View Post
    I'll answer your question on behalf of Kishi,

YES
    LOL! You're right. If Kishi decides to make Sasuke Hokage, there's nothing anyone can do anything about it. It doesn't matter if it makes sense or not.

He made Tobi to be Obito.

And even after 30+ chapters, it STILL DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!!!!!!!!!
    Reading is a good habit.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Avishek
    As for Sasuke being forgiven in light of Itachi's actual actions, I doubt he can justify the following:
    Just gonna say, if they all meet at a summit, ANYTHING can be forgiven, justified or not. Also wanna point out that he doesn't need to be forgiven for some of these.

Quote Quote:
    1.Working with Oro and Kabuto immediately after they decimated the village and killed the Third. He wanted power and everyone in this village is so weak?Right. Gotta do better if you want to be forgiven.
    He didn't attack the village with Orochimaru though. He sought him out to gain power to avenge his clan. That's not a crime. Leaving his village and giving over his body would have been... but it didn't happen. Remember, once everyone heard he "killed" Orochimaru, they were relieved. Also, he's already redeemed that little mistake by bringing back the guy that brought back the Hokage. Orochimaru will simply say that "I'm doing whatever Sasuke asks. Thus, the aid you're receiving from me is directly due to him. You owe HIM for having your asses saved from a Bijuudama. Not me."

Reason 1? Forgiven.

Quote Quote:
    2.Has been a ronin for over 2 years?Searching for Itachi?Couldn't he have done that from the village with permission from the Hokage?
    Sure, but it's not a crime not to. Jiraiya traveled the world as a Konoha nin, but not under Konoha's orders. He did his thing as he wanted to. Though because Sasuke is the last Uchiha they would've been more likely not to let Sasuke go... so leaving of his own accord was likely the smartest thing to do.

Reason 2: Forgiven.

Quote Quote:
    3.Attacked Bee and tried to kidnap the Cloud Jinchuriki. Just trying to help out a fellow Uchiha? Sorry, no dice.
    He also just inadvertently saved his life (and everyone around there), by bringing back Orochimaru, who brought back Minato, who teleported away that Bijuudama. You think if Sasuke told Bee that he wasn't his enemy, and he helps save the world that the Cloud will demand he dies? I don't.

Reason 3: Forgiven

Quote Quote:
    4.Disrupted the 5 Kage meet, cut off A's arm and killed a lot of Samurai? Great way to put yourself on the no-fly list, kid.
    That one would take a bit more explaining, but is not unforgiveable. He'll simply explain that he was there for Danzou alone, and that Zetsu blew his cover, forcing him to fight his way to Danzou. Raikage cut off his own arm BTW. If it wasn't for these mistakes he could've followed Danzou away from Iron Country and dealt with him without causing an international fiasco. It's just how the dominoes fell. With that said, the amount of lives saved by he and his zombie Hokage squad will far outweigh the samurai he killed and thus, he will be forgiven by the higher ups, if not the samurai.

Reason 4: Forgiven

Quote Quote:
    5.Killed Danzo, the interim Hokage. Sure, he was a creep but there's no denying everything he did was for the village in his own twisted way. THIS IS THE ONLY THING HE MAY BE FORGIVEN FOR.
    Yeah, this one is forgiven the easiest of them all. But if you really don't think aiding in saving the world absolves him of killing off some fodder samurai then you're more emotionally invested than the actual characters are, lol.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

if sasuke make it to hokage but if he doesn't sasuke will have a major position in the shinobi world(konoha), naruto will put his hands in the fire for sasuke and as naruto being the savior of the world, kages won't argue so much about and do as naruto beg to forgive sasuke and kishi trowing this news about sasuke wants to be hokage, it is for naruto and sasuke having a friendly fight between each other..
    i would rather prefer sasuke and naruto having a fight before sasuke turned into the good side, that would have make it wayyy beter than a friendly fight
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder, given his unhappiness about not being considered for Hokage, and his about-turn that is helping the Allied Forces now, should I also consider Oro a hokage candidate? And if anyone's wondering, I'm serious. If Sasuke can be absolved of most of his crimes, so can Oro as everything beforehand seems to have been erased due to their part in the Kage Revival.
    Reading is a good habit.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Leaving Konoha is a crime though. Naruto is the only reason why Tsunade did nothing about it... well, Jiraiya as well since I'm sure Tsunade would have had Sasuke killed if Orochimaru was able to transfer to Sasuke's body. Deserting one's village is a crime that's usually punished by execution in order to avoid spilling the village's secret. It's why villages call their shinobi missing-nins and have a squad for killing those missing-nins.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope it is not rude that I did not read most of the discussion. I just wanted to say that Shikamaru being Hokage isn't really viable. The Hokage as we have learned has more than just a Kekkei Genkai or clan specific ability, they have what other's dont have and it makes them that much more unique as a shinobi. Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura are the only ones in the village who carry these characteristics along with Kakashi and Gai (Include Rock Lee as well, who else fight's like those two?). It's sad, but that's how character development lead it to be.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TevDominus View Post
    Hope it is not rude that I did not read most of the discussion. I just wanted to say that Shikamaru being Hokage isn't really viable. The Hokage as we have learned has more than just a Kekkei Genkai or clan specific ability, they have what other's dont have and it makes them that much more unique as a shinobi. Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura are the only ones in the village who carry these characteristics along with Kakashi and Gai (Include Rock Lee as well, who else fight's like those two?). It's sad, but that's how character development lead it to be.
    Actually, if you go by what an actual leader does, Shikamaru is perfect. He is the best tactical brain in the village and knows how to make rational decisions instead of head strong ones(like Naruto or Sasuke). The best thing is, Asuma and Shikaku have perfectly groomed him to be a Hokage candidate. But ideally, a council headed by Naruto as Hokage with Shikamaru as second-in-command and head tactician is required. Naruto is the strongest ninja and Shikamaru can perfectly guide him in battle and tough decision making.
    Reading is a good habit.

New Reply
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast