Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Sasuke be Hokage or even a Hokage candidate?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shafagh's Avatar
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Should Sasuke be Hokage or even a Hokage candidate?

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I'm not talking about the injuries, I'm talking about Sasuke deciding to kill Naruto, and then changing his mind. He was trying to kill Naruto until he rebelled against what Itachi wanted. It's pretty much obvious that Sasuke hurt Naruto, but that can go either way. However, no one knows if Sasuke tried to kill Naruto or just went for incapacitating him so Naruto couldn't stop Sasuke. And although Sasuke did leave his headband behind, it wouldn't necessarily mean he left Konoha, especially when Sasuke hasn't made a move against Konoha until Tobi got to him. Didn't Tsunade abandon her headband too?

Yeah, I think Naruto's the only reason why Sasuke never became a criminal to actively be hunted in Konoha when he left. Otherwise he'd definitely be hunted down, especially being the last Uchiha who joined the enemy.

Oh right, forgot. Even more awesome because people will listen to Gaara AND Kakashi. In any case, I see no reason why Sasuke can't be a hokage, he'd definitely be a better choice than Naruto.
    you are completely wrong ... all great village didn't dare to hunt down their strong miss ninja ... Zabuza was an especial case because he wasn't that strong and he wanted to kill daimo and mizukage ....

for example , Oro did all he desired to do and no one come to stop him and his only fear was Akatsuki .... this simply showing that villages didn't hunt missinja usually ...

as you know , Sasuke buntty is lesser than Oro ( and all five great countries labeled him as International Criminal ... ) but no one goes to kill Oro ...

in ninja world , they only care about power , not anything else ...

AND IF THEY HAVE PROBLEM WITH SASUKE AND HIS SO CALLED CRIMES THEY SHOULD REJECT HIS HELP AGAINST JUBBI AND MADARA ... or they should shut their mouth ...
    خداحافظ

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe naruto and sasuke will succeed where hashirama and madara failed, they will successfully co-kage the village, let the truths of the uchiha be known, giant itachi statue for his sacrifice along with his aid in ending the edo tensei.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

How is it my personal opinion when the manga has branded Akatsuki as a criminal group? The manga said Sasuke was a criminal because he joined Akatsuki, who weren't just mercenaries anymore, but a group that kidnapped jinchuuriki from every villages.
    It is, given the interpretative value every text holds. Not only that, the manga has no Omniscient perspective, that is another factor. The third being the highlighted criminal activities of Ninja factions and their leaders. You cannot simply brush all this aside, which is why it's just your subjective opinion.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, IMHO the answer would be no. Sasuke has been on a murdering spree for a while now. He dedicated his childhood to the murder of itachi, he attempted to kill naruto at VOTE, he attempted to kill naruto when he confronted him at orochimaru's base, he attempted to kidnap bee, he killed danzo, he attempted to kill other kages, he killed a number of samurai, he killed a couple of kumo ninjas and so on.... Sasuke is at a bare minimum even right now an extremely dangerous internation criminal due death penalty. Even the murder of his family does not entitle him to killing danzo, samurai, other ninja and kidnapping b (which has the implication of stealing a remarkably powerful weapon so that others could use it for world domination). In a coherent world (not necessarily a fair one though) sasuke would be the first in line for death penalty and thanks to helping save the world his sentence would be reduced to rotting in the deepest dampest darkest prison hole they can find. Or maybe they could pass an insanity claim and keep him heavily medicated. Sasuke has done way too many bad things to actually ever be hokage. Him even being somewhat considered for the role should be seen as an insult to everyone who has ever deserved the position.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shafagh View Post
    you are completely wrong ... all great village didn't dare to hunt down their strong miss ninja ... Zabuza was an especial case because he wasn't that strong and he wanted to kill daimo and mizukage ....

for example , Oro did all he desired to do and no one come to stop him and his only fear was Akatsuki .... this simply showing that villages didn't hunt missinja usually ...

as you know , Sasuke buntty is lesser than Oro ( and all five great countries labeled him as International Criminal ... ) but no one goes to kill Oro ...

in ninja world , they only care about power , not anything else ...

AND IF THEY HAVE PROBLEM WITH SASUKE AND HIS SO CALLED CRIMES THEY SHOULD REJECT HIS HELP AGAINST JUBBI AND MADARA ... or they should shut their mouth ...
    My guess is that they left Orochimaru alone because he was too powerful. An S-class criminal like him is likely left alone to avoid losses.
    Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    It is, given the interpretative value every text holds. Not only that, the manga has no Omniscient perspective, that is another factor. The third being the highlighted criminal activities of Ninja factions and their leaders. You cannot simply brush all this aside, which is why it's just your subjective opinion.
    Manga can have omniscient perspective, it depends. The Akatsuki members are known as criminals, right? So by definition, if shinobi joined them, they'd automatically be branded as criminals. Since Sasuke joined them, he was considered a criminal from the second they associated Sasuke with Akatsuki. What'd be subjective is ME thinking Sasuke is a criminal, not saying manga states him as a criminal.

I brush nothing aside. I've argued for and against Sasuke, and I actually think he should be a hokage candidate and would be a better choice than Naruto.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Manga can have omniscient perspective, it depends. The Akatsuki members are known as criminals, right? So by definition, if shinobi joined them, they'd automatically be branded as criminals. Since Sasuke joined them, he was considered a criminal from the second they associated Sasuke with Akatsuki. What'd be subjective is ME thinking Sasuke is a criminal, not saying manga states him as a criminal.

I brush nothing aside. I've argued for and against Sasuke, and I actually think he should be a hokage candidate and would be a better choice than Naruto.
    Only if it includes third person narration. Even then, any piece of literature is open to interpretations and different perspective views. For example, mine doesn't coincide with yours given the simple fact that anyone who uses this ninja faction should be branded as a criminal himself. Just because they lead villages doesn't lessen their wide-scale crimes that outweigh Sasuke's quit heavily. Not to mention Konoha's own villainy and outright criminal leanings - even if I throw the whole Danzo affair out of the picture - by leaving Itachi as a spy in Akatsuki, who in turn aided and contributed in kidnapping Jinchurichis.

Konoha lobby was perfectly content with this arrangement as long as nine-tails was spared. You are shrugging these aspects off, as I am seeing the whole picture here. But, anyways, to each their own. I won't argue on this point but if you have anything else to continue discussion on, you are most welcome.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think sasuke would be better off living the care free life of jaraiya, traveling, seeing the world, and banging random women while writing books

that would be the perfect life for someone whobhas lived as tormented as he has

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    Only if it includes third person narration. Even then, any piece of literature is open to interpretations and different perspective views. For example, mine doesn't coincide with yours given the simple fact that anyone who uses this ninja faction should be branded as a criminal himself. Just because they lead villages doesn't lessen their wide-scale crimes that outweigh Sasuke's quit heavily. Not to mention Konoha's own villainy and outright criminal leanings - even if I throw the whole Danzo affair out of the picture - by leaving Itachi as a spy in Akatsuki, who in turn aided and contributed in kidnapping Jinchurichis.

Konoha lobby was perfectly content with this arrangement as long as nine-tails was spared. You are shrugging these aspects off, as I am seeing the whole picture here. But, anyways, to each their own. I won't argue on this point but if you have anything else to continue discussion on, you are most welcome.
    I'm talking about Sasuke himself, not Konoha as whole. If Naruto joined Akatsuki, who are a known criminal group, I'd brand Naruto as a criminal. If the manga says or implies in any way that Akatsuki was never a criminal, then I'll concede Sasuke was never a criminal in that sense. But as a missing nin, he's seen as a criminal. Konoha just hasn't done anything because of Naruto.

Nor have I denied Konoha having its dark side. I know it does. All villages do, and that Oonoki, Gaara's dad, and even Danzou used Akatsuki for their purposes. But when was Akatsuki branded a criminal organization?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That is certainly not true. Orochimaru hadn't been found because he is changing is hidouts all the time and is skilled in many things including concealing himself. And because of plot no jutsu. Getting intelligence on Orochimaru was nearly impossible. The only one who was able to get some info was Jiraiya. Another reason is the change in story focus from Orochimaru as a main villain to akatsuki. In Part 2 it was Kishimoto's motif to show Sasukes growth with the help of Orochimaru as a teacher. Jiraiya should have known Orochimaru is weakened and can be captured, defeated but the convenient 2-3 years for Orochimaru to get a new body prevented it. There was no hurry. And Sasuke defeating Orochimaru showed again Sasuke's strength. But these are merely (bad) plot devices. I mean Yamato's team was sent to find Sasuke after all. Why should they turn down Sasukes offer to help? It would be norrow-minded to die instead of live. They can put him in jail afterwards anyway.

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

I'm talking about Sasuke himself, not Konoha as whole. If Naruto joined Akatsuki, who are a known criminal group, I'd brand Naruto as a criminal. If the manga says or implies in any way that Akatsuki was never a criminal, then I'll concede Sasuke was never a criminal in that sense. But as a missing nin, he's seen as a criminal. Konoha just hasn't done anything because of Naruto.

Nor have I denied Konoha having its dark side. I know it does. All villages do, and that Oonoki, Gaara's dad, and even Danzou used Akatsuki for their purposes. But when was Akatsuki branded a criminal organization?
    At the latest, when they infiltrated countries and abducted people they consider important for there cause? At least when it wasn't in the interest of any country but akatsuki. When one country is dealing with akatsuki they sure are benefiting and won't label akatsuki as criminals (at least if the cooperation is officially made not in the shadows. But all the deals seem to have been made in the shadows, which makes sense because no Hokage wants to lose face by officialy cooperating with akatsuki and what is a benefit to one country will certainly hurt anothers.) So again, Akatsuki was labeled as a criminal organisation because they aren't affiliated to one specific country, but do dirty work for everyone who pays them and now only work for the benifit of themselves by destroying everyone. You certainly can smell the hypocracy in there, because Akatsuki worked with some countries who labeled them as criminals, but this is neorealism at work here.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Again, it's a matter of interpretations.

Honestly, I don't know. Did they ever give an explicit time-frame? I cannot seem to recall.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

It probably plays a big role, although I'm not saying those who used Akatsuki are innocent. So far though, only Danzou reportedly used Akatsuki, while Onoki definitely did. Mizukage seems to never have used Akatsuki, instead lamenting the fact that they were born in her village. Raikage says he has no affiliation with Akatsuki but enmity, along with Gaara and Tsunade since Gaara was kidnapped by Akatsuki, and Naruto's life is in danger. Sasuke is/was considered a criminal by Kumo because he hurt Kumo by capturing Bee although he failed. He was considered enemy of Konoha by joining with Orochimaru, Akatsuki, and attacking another village. The other villages seem to have no problem with him as he did not do anything against their village.

So in that respect, none of the village/kage are villains because they did what they did for their own village. What Sasuke did actually hurt the villages and reduced their power in some way.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Are you seriously talking about political morality here, that pretty much justifies subjugation, massacres, and pillaging for the good of the country? I hope to god, you are joking.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    i think sasuke would be better off living the care free life of jaraiya, traveling, seeing the world, and banging random women while writing books

that would be the perfect life for someone whobhas lived as tormented as he has
    I'm more inclined to think Naruto should be the traveling Sage bringing peace to all places under strife. I don't think Sasuke traveling alone is a great idea as much of his problems are from the fact he lost all his relationships and never had any until joining Team 7. Sasuke needs a family, a support system. Naruto can make connections with anyone, make friends anywhere, Sasuke can't.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna go no. If he can't even convince Sakura he's not convincing anyone else. This and destroying the bijuu. The beings that have been treated like slaves and used against their own will should die to fix the system? And if he manages? That means he's the power everyone should fear so he should be killed. Dudes a loonie. I vote for naruto, at least he gives people a choice to do the right or wrong thing.
    Meh

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member otomo20's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

did anyone post this here yet?

its pretty awesome.

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast