Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Sasuke be Hokage or even a Hokage candidate?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Should Sasuke be Hokage or even a Hokage candidate?

Nothing in this manga makes sense anymore. So why not? But honestly? Hell no!

One thing that struck me about this "changed" Sasuke was his answer to Shikamaru, Kiba, and Shino about his past crimes.

His answer should of been. "But what about Gaara? I'll prove to you I have changed like he did. I apologize to what for you guys went through when I left. I know of a lot of my decisions have been poor. But there are a lot of things you don't know. I look forward to telling you all these things. But right now let's defeat Madara and the Juubi!"

Instead we got. "I don't care what any of you think of me." Basically the same old jerkarse Sasuke. And the exact opposite of how a Hokage should act. You can't become Hokage if no one thinks highly of you or if you don't have an explanation for why you were a criminal. Kishi is really going to have to make Sasuke a massive hero and show that the rookies have changed their opinion of him. And he'll need to mature and get an attitude adjustment.

I'd take Sakura and Shikamaru as Hokages before Sasuke.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Avishek View Post
    Forgiveness is a long stretch for Sasuke.

Gaara was made Hokage for political reasons, as Baki stated. He was only loved by the younger generation while the elders were only keeping a watch on him and when he was abducted, they gave up on him. He was not made Hokage despite his tainted early life but because of it.

As for Konoha, the only disputable Hokage, although briefly, was Danzo and even then, his appointment only happened because the village elders supported him. The people wanted Naruto to be the Hokage then and there.
    No it's not. Forgiveness should be relatively easy, especially if people like Nagato can be forgiven.

Gaara may have been made Kazekage at first for political reasons, but he clearly grew into the role. The entire village came out to help rescue him.

And the fact that Danzo still became Hokage despite what the common folk wanted clearly shows it's not impossible for Sasuke to become Hokage either, regardless of what everyone else feels.

As for Sasuke being forgiven in light of Itachi's actual actions, I doubt he can justify the following:
    1.Working with Oro and Kabuto immediately after they decimated the village and killed the Third. He wanted power and everyone in this village is so weak?Right. Gotta do better if you want to be forgiven.
    2.Has been a ronin for over 2 years?Searching for Itachi?Couldn't he have done that from the village with permission from the Hokage?
    3.Attacked Bee and tried to kidnap the Cloud Jinchuriki. Just trying to help out a fellow Uchiha? Sorry, no dice.
    4.Disrupted the 5 Kage meet, cut off A's arm and killed a lot of Samurai? Great way to put yourself on the no-fly list, kid.
    5.Killed Danzo, the interim Hokage. Sure, he was a creep but there's no denying everything he did was for the village in his own twisted way. THIS IS THE ONLY THING HE MAY BE FORGIVEN FOR.
    1) Moot point. Sasuke was already forgiven for that seeing as Tsunade was still allowing Naruto and co to attempt to bring him back. Not to mention he eliminated Orochimaru, which at the very least balances things out.

2) Same as above, no one cared.

3) Was problematic when everyone believed he had killed Kirabi, became moot when Kirabi was discovered to still be alive.

4) His actions at the summit were all placed on Obito manipulating and using him.

5) Danzo had turnt the other villages against Konoha, and was basically a criminal in the village itself. Everyone knew he was shady and no good.

Then, and only after all these years of being the enemy, he is helping the Allied Forces against Madara-Obito. I doubt this will be enough to let his candidature for Hokage be legitimate. None of the other previous or present Hokage or possible Hokage(Naruto and Shikamura) have as much hate among their own people like Sasuke does. And their hate is legitimate. Just saying he's been traumatised doesn't work.

Infact, if Itachi's real actions are highlighted, Itachi has a better chance of being Hokage than Sasuke. Sadly, he's dead
    All these years? It can't have been more then a month or so between Itachi's death and the current war. And of course him basically saving everyone would be enough. Who the heck is gonna question him when they were all about to lose and be killed without his intervention? Not to mention he has the previous Hokages there to support him. And no, their hate isn't legitimate. It's not even clear how the rest of Konoha feels about Sasuke. The Rookies only turnt against him because they wanted to prevent trouble for Konoha, which isn't an issue anymore.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Avishek's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    No it's not. Forgiveness should be relatively easy, especially if people like Nagato can be forgiven.

Gaara may have been made Kazekage at first for political reasons, but he clearly grew into the role. The entire village came out to help rescue him.

And the fact that Danzo still became Hokage despite what the common folk wanted clearly shows it's not impossible for Sasuke to become Hokage either, regardless of what everyone else feels.
    First of all, Nagato wasn't forgiven by the village. Hell, Shikaku and Inochi would have tar-feathered him if Naruto hadn't stopped them.

I'm just saying that anyone using Gaara as a template for Sasuke's rise to Hokage doesn't grasp the difference in their status.

So, you're saying Sasuke wants to bring change by DOING EXACTLY what the guy he killed did. Right.

1) Moot point. Sasuke was already forgiven for that seeing as Tsunade was still allowing Naruto and co to attempt to bring him back. Not to mention he eliminated Orochimaru, which at the very least balances things out.
    Naruto was against branding Sasuke a criminal and Tsunade trusted Naruto. Infact, once Danzo came into power, he declared Sasuke a criminal. I doubt the people would be so forgiving. AND ORO's still alive!

2) Same as above, no one cared.
    Just because there isn't a segment called 'Lives of the Normal Konoha Folk' doesn't mean public opinion wasn't against Sasuke. That's very logical actually.

3) Was problematic when everyone believed he had killed Kirabi, became moot when Kirabi was discovered to still be alive.
    The act of attacking a jinchuriki of a village, not to mention killing one of their spies, is an act of aggression. Everyone was relieved that Bee was alive, they didn't forgive Sasuke for trying to kidnap him.

4) His actions at the summit were all placed on Obito manipulating and using him.
    So?Was he hand in glove with Obito?Yes.Did he attack the Kage?Yes.As someone said, if you attack the corrupt leader of a country at a G8 meeting, that will be branded international terrorism despite the motivations of the assassin. Get it into your head, he attacked the leaders of the five shinobi nations!

5) Danzo had turnt the other villages against Konoha, and was basically a criminal in the village itself. Everyone knew he was shady and no good.
    Actually, Danzo was a necessary evil in Hiruzen's words. He did the dirty work and despite everything he did, in some twisted way he was doing it all for Konoha's sake. And I doubt most people knew Danzo's existence to actually form an opinion on him. And the Elders backed him.

All these years? It can't have been more then a month or so between Itachi's death and the current war. And of course him basically saving everyone would be enough. Who the heck is gonna question him when they were all about to lose and be killed without his intervention? Not to mention he has the previous Hokages there to support him. And no, their hate isn't legitimate. It's not even clear how the rest of Konoha feels about Sasuke. The Rookies only turnt against him because they wanted to prevent trouble for Konoha, which isn't an issue anymore.
    By all these years, I meant since he became a ronin. That is a criminal offence there and there. And the Rookies(c'mon!2 years man!don't call them that!) turned against him because he was a known threat to the Allied forces and was on Obito's side until then.
    Reading is a good habit.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all, Nagato wasn't forgiven by the village. Hell, Shikaku and Inochi would have tar-feathered him if Naruto hadn't stopped them.

I'm just saying that anyone using Gaara as a template for Sasuke's rise to Hokage doesn't grasp the difference in their status.

So, you're saying Sasuke wants to bring change by DOING EXACTLY what the guy he killed did. Right.
    They accepted Naruto's decision and allowed him to do as he wished, even though he made his intentions clear. Afterward, no one questioned what had been done nor attempted to go after Konan, who had done just as much against them.

The only difference is that the higher ups had an additional reason behind choosing Gaara. Everything else is pretty much the same.

What? The point was that claiming he couldn't be Hokage because he may be disliked by a few people doesn't hold water. Sasuke isn't forcing anyone to make him Hokage, he's simply working towards it as a goal.

Naruto was against branding Sasuke a criminal and Tsunade trusted Naruto. Infact, once Danzo came into power, he declared Sasuke a criminal. I doubt the people would be so forgiving. AND ORO's still alive!
    Except no one else had a problem with Naruto going after Sasuke before then, except Danzo and he had his own personal reasons for wanting Sasuke dead. If it was such an unforgivable act, then surely there would have been more people opposed to it. Heck, when Danzo made Sasuke a criminal, Kiba acted with outrage, not jubilation. Orochimaru being revived doesn't change that Sasuke had killed him, especially since his death seem to tame him.

Just because there isn't a segment called 'Lives of the Normal Konoha Folk' doesn't mean public opinion wasn't against Sasuke. That's very logical actually.
    Except there was nothing showing public opinion was against Sasuke, whereas we did see that several of the Rookies were willing to assist Naruto in his attempts.

The act of attacking a jinchuriki of a village, not to mention killing one of their spies, is an act of aggression. Everyone was relieved that Bee was alive, they didn't forgive Sasuke for trying to kidnap him.
    No one said otherwise. But Kirabi being alive makes it a non-issue. At worst it's now assault on another village's ninja, which is not a major crime as we've seen. There's no reason they wouldn't forgive him now, especially after a whole point was made about the ninjas of the Alliance dropping what had happen in the past.

So?Was he hand in glove with Obito?Yes.Did he attack the Kage?Yes.As someone said, if you attack the corrupt leader of a country at a G8 meeting, that will be branded international terrorism despite the motivations of the assassin. Get it into your head, he attacked the leaders of the five shinobi nations!
    So, they all blamed Obito. No one faulted Sasuke for it. We literally see them seeing him as being manipulated, meaning the blame for it would not be as major as if he had done it on his own. Ignoring the fact that assassination is a common thing in the Narutoverse, along with threatening and attacking each other (as what had actually happen earlier), Danzo was no leader. At that point, he had became a criminal too due to his actions at the summit. If Aoi could go after him to deal with him, why wouldn't Sasuke be able to do the same? Not to mention it's ridiculous to fault Sasuke for working with Akatsuki and ignore that Onoki and Ee made use of them.

Actually, Danzo was a necessary evil in Hiruzen's words. He did the dirty work and despite everything he did, in some twisted way he was doing it all for Konoha's sake. And I doubt most people knew Danzo's existence to actually form an opinion on him. And the Elders backed him.
    Necessary evil? What was necessary about teaming up with Hanzou and attacking the Ame orphans, leading to the creation of Pain? What was necessary about instigating the Uchiha massacre and preventing any other option? What was necessary about working with Orochimaru and then attempt to cover it up? What was necessary about trying to prevent Naruto from returning and hiding away while the village was attacked? What was necessary about trying to manipulate the summit and turning all the other villages against Konoha? Just because Sarutobi didn't have the heart to deal with his problems by no means makes them necessary. It was made obvious that Danzo was solely working toward his own goal with little regard for what happen to the village itself. And it was made clear that everyone knew he was shady. Kiba mentioned it, so did Kakashi, Jiraiya warned Tsunade about him, the other Kages were aware and Ee even believed that he had a hand in Sarutobi's death. Really, Sasuke hasn't even done a tenth of the crap that Danzo has done, yet he gets more flack.

By all these years, I meant since he became a ronin. That is a criminal offence there and there. And the Rookies(c'mon!2 years man!don't call them that!) turned against him because he was a known threat to the Allied forces and was on Obito's side until then.
    Him being a missingnin only would have mattered to Konoha, and it was excused by Tsunade. Not a crime when the judge doesn't care. And it had nothing to do with the Allied Force, as this happen well before the Alliance was created. The Rookies chosen to go against Sasuke because they believed that if Kumo killed Sasuke, then it would create a whole cycle of revenge involving them all. That's no longer a issue, meaning they will no longer need to have a problem with him.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

hokage candidate sure

but uzumaki naruto will be the hokage
    Last edited by REN KOUEN; May 23, 2013 at 05:11 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member flow like's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Sasuke should not be a hokage. he might make better decisions than Naruto, but he's not necessarily about the village, but about Itachi's love for the village.
    sasuke made only one right decision in whole series. naruto made more right decision. ( give chakra to chiyo or his decision talking with nagato) and sasuke reallly not care about villagers and village

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brill's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    Nothing in this manga makes sense anymore. So why not? But honestly? Hell no!

One thing that struck me about this "changed" Sasuke was his answer to Shikamaru, Kiba, and Shino about his past crimes.

His answer should of been. "But what about Gaara? I'll prove to you I have changed like he did. I apologize to what for you guys went through when I left. I know of a lot of my decisions have been poor. But there are a lot of things you don't know. I look forward to telling you all these things. But right now let's defeat Madara and the Juubi!"

Instead we got. "I don't care what any of you think of me." Basically the same old jerkarse Sasuke. And the exact opposite of how a Hokage should act. You can't become Hokage if no one thinks highly of you or if you don't have an explanation for why you were a criminal. Kishi is really going to have to make Sasuke a massive hero and show that the rookies have changed their opinion of him. And he'll need to mature and get an attitude adjustment.

I'd take Sakura and Shikamaru as Hokages before Sasuke.
    Yes, Sasuke has the social grace of a turnip right now. He's cut off all ties to people and he's been guarded ever since the slaughter of his clan. His response is total plausible. It doesn't help his case at at all, but I'm not surprised that he acted this way.

Does he have a case for Hokage. Absolutely. He's a strong shinobi with intelligence and wit. While he hasn't won the hearts and minds of his felllow villagers he does have a legitimate claim because he's the direct result of a failed system. The system needs to change and he is probably the only person alive of the village with this knowledge. Naruto won't know what to do, or Sakura or any other of the candidates who would want to become Hokage. If Sasuke wants to change the system so another disaster doen't befall the Senguu or the Sarutobi clans then he has a legitimate cause to try for it. He may not win but his counsel will be needed for the future.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brill View Post
    Yes, Sasuke has the social grace of a turnip right now. He's cut off all ties to people and he's been guarded ever since the slaughter of his clan. His response is total plausible. It doesn't help his case at at all, but I'm not surprised that he acted this way.

Does he have a case for Hokage. Absolutely. He's a strong shinobi with intelligence and wit. While he hasn't won the hearts and minds of his felllow villagers he does have a legitimate claim because he's the direct result of a failed system. The system needs to change and he is probably the only person alive of the village with this knowledge. Naruto won't know what to do, or Sakura or any other of the candidates who would want to become Hokage. If Sasuke wants to change the system so another disaster doen't befall the Senguu or the Sarutobi clans then he has a legitimate cause to try for it. He may not win but his counsel will be needed for the future.
    sasuke not have decision for change ninja system. sasuke isht smart. current sasuke might turn to evil again. sasuke not made right decision. naruto already change ninja world, not one rouge ninja

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flow like View Post
    sasuke made only one right decision in whole series. naruto made more right decision. ( give chakra to chiyo or his decision talking with nagato) and sasuke reallly not care about villagers and village
    Debatable, as Sasuke made the decision to kill Orochimaru and Itachi. Naruto made good decisions because he's a good guy, while Sasuke was ambiguous/bad.

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member blackjack612's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he makes an ideal Hokage candidate being driven, talented, and strong. And his personal experience and gained insight into the previous Hokage's line of thinking means that he's more informed than Naruto about what it takes to lead and the consequences of bad leadership. In fact, given how in the dark Kakashi was about the Uchiha massacre before Obito told him, I'd say Sasuke is now more knowledgeable about the inner workings of the village.

However, he hasn't done the groundwork Naruto has in building social connections and creating a community of contemporaries that would want to be led by him. When it comes to the compassionate and caring aspect of leadership and the ability to command respect, Naruto has him beat and that's why he's more likely to gain the title.

If the best of Naruto and Sasuke's traits could be mixed together, they'd be a great leader. I'm kind of thinking that by series end, Kishimoto will have Naruto and Sasuke co-lead Konoha similar to how Hashirama had intended Madara to help him.

The Naruto 644 Review is up!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Avishek's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack612 View Post
    I think he makes an ideal Hokage candidate being driven, talented, and strong. And his personal experience and gained insight into the previous Hokage's line of thinking means that he's more informed than Naruto about what it takes to lead and the consequences of bad leadership. In fact, given how in the dark Kakashi was about the Uchiha massacre before Obito told him, I'd say Sasuke is now more knowledgeable about the inner workings of the village.

However, he hasn't done the groundwork Naruto has in building social connections and creating a community of contemporaries that would want to be led by him. When it comes to the compassionate and caring aspect of leadership and the ability to command respect, Naruto has him beat and that's why he's more likely to gain the title.

If the best of Naruto and Sasuke's traits could be mixed together, they'd be a great leader. I'm kind of thinking that by series end, Kishimoto will have Naruto and Sasuke co-lead Konoha similar to how Hashirama had intended Madara to help him.
    That would be the ideal solution. Naruto has the social connections while Sasuke knows in details about the missteps of the previous Konoha regimes. Combined with Shikamaru's tactician ability, they would make an awesome trio.
    Reading is a good habit.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally don't want Sasuke to be hokage, but then again, it would be a great twist for the last Uchiha to become Hokage..

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack612 View Post
    While it's perfectly true he doesn't have the "connections" that Naruto has, that in itself isn't really a disqualification. Tsunade was absent for a decade or so and wasn't exactly social either, and she had no trouble being accepted. Judging from what we've seen, gaining the popular vote can come after. Also, while compassion and caring is important, being to compassionate and caring can be a hindrance. Naruto has a tenancy to attempt to solve everything himself, and that's not a great quality for a leader.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

While i Naruto has a tenancy to attempt to solve everything himself, and that's not a great quality for a leader.
    sasuke made this too... sasuke bad canditate because... sasuke easy to manipulate,sasuke dont care about other people,sasuke not show real decision for change ninja system and sasuke as hokage been like danzo
    Last edited by flow like; May 24, 2013 at 12:55 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    Sasuke did it for himself, he intended to kill innocent people for himself, to feel better, he didn't care if it would make the world better or not. Itachi did it for the sake of the village. I'm not saying at all that this reason is good but fact is all Itachi did was for the village. If the people has to choose, they'd rather pick the guy who have them in his heart rather than the guy who showed that he didn't give a shit about them, which would mean that he'd be able to sacrifice them for his own sake, not for their greater good.

Again, I'm not saying Itachi's actions are commendable but in this context, the intent matters.

edit : Besides Sasuke had every intention to do "better" than Itachi if it comes to scale (killing whole village > clan).
    His intencion that never happened (to kill inocent people) is irrelevant. Considering he did not do any of it... Yeah not relevant so no crime here.

What Itachi did was genocide... The end doesn't justify the means... Genocide is genocide.
    You think that if someone nuked ALL the arabs to get the terrorist there would be acceptable?
    I would NEVER pick a man like this for leadership... What if next someone from MY clan decides to do whatever and he decides to "nuke" us all to save the village? Sorry but NO.

Quote Quote:
    edit : Besides Sasuke had every intention to do "better" than Itachi if it comes to scale (killing whole village > clan).
    Intencions are not relevant. Actions are. He never did that.

Now don't get me wrong. I would not pick Sasuke just as well BUT Itachi's crimes ARE worse.

@Avishek

Quote Quote:
    Deidara is not something that ANYBODY holds against Sasuke. And while Danzo did behave disgracefully at the Summit, I doubt killing him will bring any positive reaction from the other Kages. And poor A will continue to hold a grudge - heck, he lost his arm and the guy tried to kidnap his brother!

Still, I believe that he can be forgiven, especially given he has Naruto and Gaara's backing and he hasn't actively participated in anything that led to Konoha's plights. But from that to Hokage is a big stretch.
    Yeah but i asure you he will be forgiven for Raikage's hand..... Considering the numbers of people who will ask of this (Bee, Naruto, Hashirama, Minato and so on) and the fact that Raikage is going to REMEMBER and now when he put his FAITH in Naruto Naruto's plee to spare Sasuke is going to go the extra mile.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast