Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Sasuke be Hokage or even a Hokage candidate?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Should Sasuke be Hokage or even a Hokage candidate?

@M3J I am pretty sure the whole aid thing was done to prevent Kabuto from getting hold of an Edo who was running amok, on his own? KA was gone, and there was no way Itachi could have fended off Kabuto had Sasuke not been there to use Amaterasu at the critical moment as well. His being an Edo doesn't mean anything when Kabuto was planning to rewrite the controlling tag in his scull.

No, that is a mere assumption. Unless there is solid proof that Itachi could have broken it on his own, this is speculation at best.

@DarkBlood I am sorry, I didn't even suggest that. I have no idea how you translated that part of my post into that. I said this would give people more perspective into his life and the life of his clan and how sordid Konoha itself has been. Who are 'they'?

Considering a lot of them just flew away int the ether after a few silly dialogues, isn't contribution in anyone's book. Stopping Kabuto, who was the actual person pulling the strings is the most important contribution to war.

Read that chapter again. Minato's cutting didn't stop Madara's hold over Obito.

Rikudou King I hardly, and seriously doubt it, given the fact that how completely vulnerable he was a few times during the fight.
    Last edited by shahdan; July 24, 2013 at 09:18 AM.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

The only way Kabuto could have gotten hold of Itachi was if he continued to use sound genjutsu and make it impossible for Itachi to break out, otherwise it was Itachi who was doing almost everything, even saving Sasuke more than once. I don't remember Sasuke's Amaterasu saving Itachi, but Itachi had to save him on at least one occasion.

Kabuto planning to rewrite the controlling tag means nothing if he can't touch Itachi. Hell, it was Itachi who told Sasuke to stay back while Itachi was using Izanami.

I never treated it like a fact, hence "debatable."

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Itachi was pierced and immobilized by Kabuto's Muki Tensei. Sasuke used Amaterasu to keep Kabuto away from Itachi. It also negated Muki Tensei effect, giving Itachi back his mobility.

In this occasion Sasuke prevented Kabuto taking control of Itachi two times in a row.
    • ⁞ Avatar by xhunter924 ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

It has to noted that Itachi was fighting to protect his mortal brother the entire time. It's hard to assume what would happen if it was just him vs. Kabuto.

This has always been the case with Kakashi too. When Kakashi first fought Zabuza he had to worry about protecting his team. When he fought Hidan and Kakazu he had to defend literally everyone.

Granted, Itachi was immortal, but, his fighting style changed because of his brother.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    @DarkBlood I am sorry, I didn't even suggest that. I have no idea how you translated that part of my post into that. I said this would give people more perspective into his life and the life of his clan and how sordid Konoha itself has been. Who are 'they'?
    People already know much about him and even after knowing the WHOLE truth, Martyr Sasuke won't get enough respect / acknowledgement to be a hokage.

Considering a lot of them just flew away int the ether after a few silly dialogues, isn't contribution in anyone's book. Stopping Kabuto, who was the actual person pulling the strings is the most important contribution to war.
    Yah, and that was a team effort of sasuke AND Itachi, so him alone won't be a hero and considering his love for his brother nor he would present it like his own deed.

Read that chapter again. Minato's cutting didn't stop Madara's hold over Obito.
    Nor did the Enton Arrow ....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

On a side note, a new all power move was just released into the anime world today. Gomu Gomu Kugi Getsuga Rasen Enton Spirt Ka me ha me ha wave, was invented today that obliterated the floor with anything that opposed it. Including the new Obito.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KungPaoChicken View Post
    On a side note, a new all power move was just released into the anime world today. Gomu Gomu Kugi Getsuga Rasen Enton Spirt Ka me ha me ha wave, was invented today that obliterated the floor with anything that opposed it. Including the new Obito.
    Who is the user and where it was released

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hardly, and seriously doubt it, given the fact that how completely vulnerable he was a few times during the fight.
    Itachi was an Edo summon though. Being "vulnerable" doesn't affect their ability to fight.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi
    Granted, Itachi was immortal, but, his fighting style changed because of his brother.
    And Sasuke's fighting style changed because of Itachi too. Had Itachi not cared whether Kabuto died or not he could've sat on his rear and allowed Sasuke to take care of things. And the reason Itachi did everything is because he was an Edo who could afford to be injured while protecting Sasuke. It's not because Sasuke was incapable of posing a threat.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    And Sasuke's fighting style changed because of Itachi too. Had Itachi not cared whether Kabuto died or not he could've sat on his rear and allowed Sasuke to take care of things. And the reason Itachi did everything is because he was an Edo who could afford to be injured while protecting Sasuke. It's not because Sasuke was incapable of posing a threat.
    I don't believe that is true, both would have it in their best interest to have the ET shut down. Keeping Kabuto alive nerfed both.
    Meh

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    I don't believe that is true, both would have it in their best interest to have the ET shut down. Keeping Kabuto alive nerfed both.
    yah but one of them was practically immortal so other didn't have to worry about keeping him safe

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

You have a point there, how ever no one was useless or a bistander in that fight. Both were very much involved.
    Also, this is the topic where we discussed the Shikamaru hokage angle. I am more on that page now then before
    Meh

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadan View Post
    You have a point there, how ever no one was useless or a bistander in that fight. Both were very much involved.
    Also, this is the topic where we discussed the Shikamaru hokage angle. I am more on that page now then before
    Yah specially people start making comments that he can be a smart / good hokage, IIRC last time some one commented that he can be a good platoon leader, despite losing his match against temari he was promoted to chunin , so who knows

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

If it had to be someone from Naruto's generation, Shikamaru would make the best hokage and should be the hokage before Naruto or Sasuke. Hell, Sasuke would be best next in line after Shikamaru, with Naruto possibly after or near the middle.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    If it had to be someone from Naruto's generation, Shikamaru would make the best hokage and should be the hokage before Naruto or Sasuke. Hell, Sasuke would be best next in line after Shikamaru, with Naruto possibly after or near the middle.
    We are talking about it logically .. right ???
    Otherwise Manga's name is Naruto , so hell he'll be the one to become Hokage and achieve HIS and his parent's dream.

New Reply
Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast