Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: The Breaker : New Waves 119 Discussion/ 120 Predictions

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker : New Waves 119 Discussion/ 120 Predictions

He is definitely thinking before acting. Which is also nice to see compared to blind rushing.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ketsurou's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iseemtobelost View Post
    Just to point it out shioon tactic is not a great genius tactic. All he does is hide his true power...i will call it the HIDE-YOUR-TRUE-POWER-TILL-YOU-GET-MORE-FAVORABLE-CONDITIONS-THEN-BREAK-LOSE tactic.

it was a tactic gained due to various battles...E.g. Vs cool guy. he never used the foot techniques to fight the SUC in the factory where he was kidnapped but he waited until he was guaranteed the survival of Sera that he went all out. Now also with this elder guy he waited till the elder said he can ask for anything if he wins kind of honorable murin code...and now he let lose.
    “Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” -- Sun Tsu, The Art of War.

This is not a foolish tactic or simple caution, this is strategy.

The reason that Shioon is impressive in this matter is that he has had no formal schooling in martial tactics and the art of war. Nobody has taught him proper strategy and tactics yet, for all he has learned and all the experience he picked up. Although Shioon has acted according to the principles of strategy, he has done so simply on instinct, and simply because his intuition tells him "this is the right action to take."

This must be understood, because to overlook this aspect of Shioon as a character is to severely underestimate him. He is a teenage boy, and teenage boys are bound to do stupid things--but Lee Shioon is no fool. And especially when it comes to martial arts he is, at the very least, a genius.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Shioon is more like a wild animal on his dying breath very dangerous because he will do anything and it is really close depiction of Shioon because in all of his fights he is already beaten to pulp before winning

Like what hyuk said the thing hes afraid the most is the fighter who surpass the human instinct someone who is not afraid to die and Shioon learned that on a hard way elder jung dying now Shioon eyes are more colder just like the doctor said 100% sure that his life is on the line

But gonna hand it to Shioon surviving the island a real good training for him because he can now practice a more experienced figthers than his breaker part 1 mobs that he pawned on his mind

We will just have to wait for his formal training to see if there is really a change in his tactics i mean if shioon just use pwerful techs he is ignoring gmrs teaching that if murim are just using powerful tech its not martial arts you have to have tactics and skills to be a real murim

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to disagree that Shioon is impulsive, rushes in without thinking or behaves like an animal in his dying breath.
    Is he in a dire situation? Yes. Is he lashing out mpulsively? No. He is thinking clearing and is planning ahead. Sure he is desperate but he is not lashing out without knowing what is his next step is. He outsmarted the special forces. He isn't a cornered crazed tiger. but a wise Dragon see through the enemy.

Shioon has always been a instinctive tactician, in layman terms thinking out a plan on the fly. That genius. He makes plans in real time. People keep forgetting he only been a murim for months.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bludvein's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

All I said was that he wasn't that amazing of a tactician, not that he is totally brainless. His advantage is a calm mindset in a fight even under absurd conditions. He can look for weaknesses when others in his position would be panicking. This is because he really doesn't have much regard for his own life.

The strategies themselves are pretty normal though. Nothing really surprising. So rather than being a good strategist, the description of a wild animal is pretty accurate imo. Well, a near-suicidal wild animal at any rate. He won't try to escape if things don't seem to be going his way. Shioon is taking the motto do or die pretty seriously.
    Last edited by Bludvein; June 10, 2013 at 12:00 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ravshan's Avatar
    Country
    Uzbekistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Shioon is not that ordinary murim fighter, this guy came to murim several month ago, but he definitely changed murim's world, as well as Goomoonryong life, and maybe in future he will fight with his teacher...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

beast the way shi-woon knocked him out was epic best chapter this year after he matured

i think the doctor ghost is likely to react or keep talking
    doctor ghost cant hit him if doctor ghost goes full out he can kill shi-woon which will destroy his specimen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

While not necessarily a genius, I do think it would be fair to claim that Shioon is one of the most intelligent fighters we have seen and likely will see in this story. Granted the other characters do not get as many opportunities to fight as Shioon, but from what we have seen there are few I would consider an intelligent or thoughtful fighter given what they have shown us.

I can only name a few right now whom I would consider a thoughtful fighter, with what we have seen. GMR, (not really, but kind of the Former alliance Chief), Sera and Cool Guy. For GMR his battle intellect was displayed against Iron Fist Munju, when he casually led him around to his demise, rendering his Iron body technique ineffective. Former Alliance Chief's display of battle intellect is only "kind of" relevant since all of his thoughtful strategies were in order to ultimately face a weakened opponent. For Sera who is considered a genius in general, doesn't actually have any fights that display her battle intellect, but I can easily imagine scenarios where she utilizes her intellect for battle. For instance, the first time she witnessed Shioon fighting she immediately became aware of the school behind him just because of a stance. I doubt that knowledge is only limited to the Sunwoo or other big clans. Having that kind of knowledge could potentially mean she could read the opponents attack pattern, style, flow and disrupt it accordingly. Cool Guy's battle intellect should be apparent. He is able to calmly read the situation and analyze his opponent while pulling back some to await a moment to exploit some weakness in his opponent.

What makes Shioon unique is that, as Hyuk So Chun said, he surpasses the instinct of mankind, defying the normal logic of the scenario. The two most recent fights are perfect examples of this. When Glasses showed Gate Soul Cutter, someone like Cool Guy or any number of other Murim fighters, would have pulled back and think of ways to counter their dangerous opponent. Shioon on the other hand pushes forward while calculating just how to defeat is opponent. For Glasses the pushing forward and Shioon taking his attack actually did lead to Glasses not realizing that his "successful attacks" were part of Shioon's plan to end him. With Elder Shik, Shioon's constant pressing forward masked that he was still holding back looking for an opening.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Jyothir's Avatar
    I pay more for my car parking, than for where I live.
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

good news, raw is up.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

As expected. It looks like Jinnie, Sera and Elder Kwon will fail in retrieving Shioon.

But if he goes BoT then, maybe, he can buy more time.
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapters out at manga cow i really want shioon to use BOT and when he use Bot the glasses guy will tremble seeing BOT again

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

New Reply
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13