Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What if buggy would had joined Shanks crew?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What if buggy would had joined Shanks crew?

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    That is happening only when he's trying to impress someone He would never do it otherwise . He is a coward IMO

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

I wouldn't be too sure about that . Buggy always looks for the easy way out . Everything we saw about him was mostly cause he has bad luck and was always at the wrong place nothing more
    If being with luffy can change Usopp (he is still a coward but has become strong)/.// I have a reason to believe that being with Shanks, Buggy would have been a different person all together ...

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Pirate View Post
    If being with luffy can change Usopp (he is still a coward but has become strong)/.// I have a reason to believe that being with Shanks, Buggy would have been a different person all together ...
    Still not convinced even with the comparison

Just can't see Buggy in a different light but I can say I'm really curious to see what happened to him in this 2y. I think his crew is really big now

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Still not convinced even with the comparison
    Then I think we need a thread "What if Usopp wouldnt had joined Straw hats
    Last edited by Ninja_Pirate; May 30, 2013 at 12:41 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BetaRuler's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Buggy was ever much of a coward, the only time he was proper scared was when it concerned going up against Whitebeard which not many people would want to have done all things considered! None of the Marines seemed particularly up for the challenge at the time either, Sengoku included.

If anything Buggy was always surprised rather than scared, like "OMG ITS YOU LUFFY!?" "WHATS WRONG WITH THIS FLOOR!?" (back on impel down) and so on, with a mix of "who said what about my nose!?".

I think as a clown he often played jokes along the lines of being surprised by how stupid people would be and how they would believe him even though he knows how much of a dirty back stabbing scoundrel he actually is at heart!

Observation haki would be reasonably good on him if any haki, to predict and think strategically would suit him given his powers and strengths.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonix View Post
    If Buggy had joined Shanks's crew, Shanks would be Pirate King by now. /thread
    Depends on whether Shanks was trying to be a pirate king or not. If he wasn't, then Buggy wouldn't make such difference though I do think he'd add tremendous power to the group.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Pirate View Post
    Then I think we need a thread "What if Usopp wouldnt had joined Straw hats
    I think everything would be pretty much the same, except Luffy would have to ask Franky to shoot down the WG flag at EL since Usopp would presumably not have asked Sogeking to help the Straw Hats rescue Robin. And now that I'm thinking about it, I guess the Straw Hats would have all been defeated by Perona on Thriller Bark.

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Depends on whether Shanks was trying to be a pirate king or not. If he wasn't, then Buggy wouldn't make such difference though I do think he'd add tremendous power to the group.
    Nah, it wouldn't matter what Shanks's desires were, Buggy wants treasure bad enough to badger Shanks into collecting all the famous treasures that he has been trying and failing (pre-timeskip) to find, until they claimed even One Piece as their own. Shanks's power coupled with Buggy's greed and ambition would make a very potent combo IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    PS. To bad you are not 4 years older and living in my country as i would love to exchange ideas over a drink :P
    Tell the emperor that my hall has fallen to the ground. Phoibos no longer has his house, nor his mantic bay, nor his prophetic spring; the water has dried up.- Pythia of Delphi

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

But if Shanks didn't want to get the treasures, thenwhy would he listen to Buggy? Shanks is still the captain who makes the final decisions, I doubt even Buggy would influence Shanks otherwise.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Because Buggy is too charismatic, Shanks would have no hope of resisting his influence.
    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    PS. To bad you are not 4 years older and living in my country as i would love to exchange ideas over a drink :P
    Tell the emperor that my hall has fallen to the ground. Phoibos no longer has his house, nor his mantic bay, nor his prophetic spring; the water has dried up.- Pythia of Delphi

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danzouismadara View Post
    would totally destroy his character
    Ditto. It'd be like Vegeta becoming Goku's best friend and not holding a grudge against anymore for being stronger than him. Somethings in a story are just too powerful like that to change and Buggy being a part of any crew, especially Shanks's crew, would suck. I don't think, Oda would ever do that one.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2