Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Time Leap

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Huesoman's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Time Leap

Quote Originally Posted by dustofoblivion View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Reiner and Berthold are not the real enemy, and that their faction is fighting a much bigger enemy of their own and their mission has to do with finding something that will help them fight/stop that enemy?
    You're not alone, .
    "Do you really think...this world has a future?"

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think most of us have come to that conclusion, honestly. That would be what Ymir, Bert, and Reiner were talking about in chapter 46 (same chapter where she asks them "what was that monkey?" although it's not clear if the "monkey" is the "real enemy" itself or just related to RB's goal in some other way), which Ymir refused to reveal to Eren at the end.

*edit*
    Based on the latest two chapters, I've come to think the "real enemy" is some kind of ruling alliance among humans at the centre (possibly figures within the gov't) AND shifters/intelligent titans from Reiner and Bert's "hometown" or the land they are from, wherever (or whenever) that is.
    Last edited by kannazuki; September 15, 2013 at 01:04 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

When Reiner reveal his identity to Eren and Eren ask where they want to take him, Reiner says : Think of it as our hometown.

My bet is that by OUR hometown they are including Eren. I'm not sure what that would imply or how that would fit into the time travel theory but I'm sure that it's the case.

Maybe the reason Eren is valuable as something to do with what his father told him. He said «Their memories will teach you how to use the power». We don't know whose memories he is referring to but it could be that those memories hold what Reiner and Bertholdt are after. That could explain why Eren is special, because the memory contain within the serum he was injected with aren't the same as those that other shifter received.
    Last edited by mirrorstorm; October 03, 2013 at 04:49 PM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Beatrice's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Scuse me for bumping this but I simply have to put up the Idea:

Ouroboros

Eternal Recurrence.
    Quote Quote:
    a concept that the universe has been recurring, and will continue to recur, in a self-similar form an infinite number of times across infinite time or space. The concept is found in Indian philosophy and in ancient Egypt and was subsequently taken up by the Pythagoreans and Stoics. With the decline of antiquity and the spread of Christianity, the concept fell into disuse in the Western world, with the exception of Friedrich Nietzsche, who connected the thought to many of his other concepts, including amor fati.

In addition, the philosophical concept of eternal recurrence was addressed by Arthur Schopenhauer. It is a purely physical concept, involving no supernatural reincarnation, but the return of beings in the same bodies. Time is viewed as being not linear but cyclical.
    Also happens in the myths, the serpent biting it's tail, Jormungandr surrounding the World of the Norse.
    "Sleep peacefully, my most beloved witch, Beatrice."

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner PEDROKUE's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

That's interesting, would explain many points of the plot. I just can't think how exactly Isayama would do that.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ToriLynn's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Huesoman View Post
    You're not alone, .
    remember what Armin said. no one is truly a good person. to some people you're a good person, while to other people you're a bad person. so i'd say Reiner and Bertold aren't really the enemies, yet they are

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4