Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 by cnet128 , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Stand Up! by Yamakawa Aiji

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Stand Up! by Yamakawa Aiji

Stand Up!
    By: Yamakawa Aiji
    Genre: Romance
    Publisher: Shueisha
    Serialized In: Betsuma

Furuya Utako is a shy, reserved girl who stands out because of her height (172 CM). She has started to develop feelings for Harada Naoyuki, the popular, friendly boy sitting next to her in class. Attracted to his openness, she quickly befriends him.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Shoujo] Stand Up! by Yamakawa Aiji

I was planning to post about this series yesterday. You're fast. :P

It's a new series, only first chapter is out, so nothing much being shown yet. I think for a first chapter it wasn't so bad, and the artwork was pretty nice too. Looking forward to Utako's character development the most.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The first chapter had a nice, introspective feel that reminded me of Orange or KimiTodo. I like that Utako is reserved without being too shy. She's not that sure of herself, but can still talk to Harada unselfconsciously. She has her friends, she's not isolated, but she's not the center of attention either. Her interactions with Harada feels very natural, like real classmates, and friends. Nothing feels forced, or cliche, about how they interact. I really liked chapter one, Stand Up has real potential.

I like the art too. The character design is distinct, and story appropriate. The panel work is excellent, with great flow and layout. Betsuma manga always seem to have really good panel design.
    Last edited by Kaiten; May 26, 2013 at 09:50 AM.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member windy van's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, it looks very promising..
    Normally i always avoid ongoing series with only few chapters available..
    But i like this mangaka art and pacing.. She's the one who draw Tomodachi no Hanashi, right? That one is the best friendship manga i've read..
    Do you know if this series running weekly/monthly?

I've read it..
    There's not much to say.. Only 3 chapters available and not that much happened so far..
    Yeah, something reminds me of Orange by Takano Ichigo..
    Ummm... what's that? Is it the way the protagonist think?
    This story is also told from 1st person pov, and Utako personality is similiar with Naho..
    But sure, the pacing is good..
    Give it a try!
    Last edited by windy van; July 08, 2013 at 05:13 AM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Just finished chapter 4. I don't know, to be honest I'm not that comfortable with the artwork (is it because the scans, or are the scans indeed like that?). The plot is nice, though I'm not sure what to expect in the upcoming chapters. Is it about how Utako opens up and growing her relationship with Harada? Just a bit confused here. Anyway it's nice so far.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member windy van's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

^^ I like the art coz there is something simple about it. It's cute in it's own way. The scans itself is clear enough, I don't see any problems with it. The only thing that irritated me is just Utako's ears.. They are just OMG, too big..

Just read chapter 4. This is really sweet story, but as phio_chan said, I don't know where will it goes..
    I like Uchi, I think he is more attractive than Harada idk. He was showed more in this chapter. I wonder if he will like Utako too, now that he thinks differently about her. Oh, but no.. Don't make it that way, it's just too stereotyped. I hope this manga doesn't have too much drama..

'What one can do, what one cannot do, what one must do.. All These one must decide by oneself.'
    Bokura no Kiseki

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I love this series. It really captures the sweet, awkward feeling of dating for the first time. Not knowing what to say, not knowing what to wear, worrying about having enough to talk about. There's something so introverted about this series, it feels so real and honest, like what dating really felt like at 15 and 16.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stand Up! by Yamakawa Aiji

A sweet date. I enjoyed their interaction, their hesitation, and the courage they gathered to overcome all and grew a healthier relationship.

I am still uncomfortable somehow with the artwork; Utako's ears are so big? But Harada looks cute so I'll forgive it, haha.

Talking about Harada, why does it feel to me like sometimes he seems like he has ulterior motive or something? -_- Like he's not smiling as wide as he should be, or his expressions somehow shows that he has more thoughts to the matter than what he says.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stand Up! by Yamakawa Aiji

A series thread? lol. I was surprised to find one, given so few chapters out there but. I'm here, I've subscribed. hello.

New Reply