Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My random Toriko questions thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

My random Toriko questions thread

Ssup everyone. Big fan of the manga (i've read up to chapter 183 as of the writing of this post) so please don't spoil stuff.

I'll start with these:

What happened with Ice-pick attack?

Do you think that in Honey Prison they're using the same kind of device as LB used to erase people's tastes/memories?

If you remember at the beginning Toirko and Coco used a technique that enabled them to erase/hide their presence. I find this concept really close to what Food H. is. I hope Shima hasn't forgotten about the whole hide presence thing.
    Last edited by Freezer; May 25, 2013 at 02:09 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My random Toriko questions thread

I dont think they mention erasing the prisoners food memory. They torture them. If they like cakes they serve you cakes that taste like crap. They remove the pleasures the prisoners have been enjoying.

Erasing presence is not food honor more like survival/hunting skills. Food honor is appreciating food and feelings of gratitude towards them. In practical in translate to only use what you need. Thus preserving calories and enabling high level of control over techniques and skills.

After acquiring food honor they will learn food immersion. Once they are thankful that the food sustains them, provide them, the foods are then 'thankful' for being eaten by ones with high level of respect for them and they give everything they have to the person.

theres deep philosophy here
    Last edited by nyamonyamo; May 25, 2013 at 11:20 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Thinking about it Toriko never used again the Ice-prick attack.
    Anyway I think that it required more energy to concentrate all the hits of the Kugi Punch in one point.

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Few more:

Why do you guys think Sani is after that dessert and Coco is after atom?

Why does Ichiryu want "Air" and i wonder when we'll see his knife get completed by Melk II?

What are your predictions about Ichiryuu's main course? We've already had the beans, but we have no idea what they're for. It would be cool if they were called like "Jack Beans", which let you get to some REALLY high places if one wanted to.

Why doesn't Ichi have a partner?

How do you think Ichi stopped that Bishokukai member in midair when he got in their base? We already know that he could use the power of gravity, so i guess that has something to do with it.

I wonder what that ingridient that Toriko asked from LB is. Also did Toriko eat the MG? I don't think so. I think it might be used as some sort of senzu bean later on.

I'd like to see the capturing of Zebra in a flashback :P

Why do you think he fought with Match?

Who did Coco train with before going to Jidar with Toriko?

I'm interested in those biological weapon monsters. I hope we'll learn more about them

What do you think is Jirou's goal nowadays? He seems to be just goofing around and drinking? I don't think so.

I think Acacia or Frohze are definately alive. There was no mention of their death so far.

Why are Toriko, Coco, Sani and Zebra called the 4 Kings? They were just an ordinary bunch (or so i think). There must have been something special about them.

Ichiryu's death is pretty much expected at some point i think.

I don't get the bishokukai ranking system. Who's stronger, Dores or Kurumado?

I was surprised to see that Elg is lika a mummy centaur. Heck at some point i used to think that all of the Bishokukai have human-like appearance. Guess not.

Since we have bishokuyas, saiseyas, IGO, Bishokukai, Jidar, 4 Heavenly Kings, National Treasures, Gourmer Police, Gourmet Knights i guess there's room for more factions... Maybe there are some really powerful bishokuya that don't belong to any faction?

It would be weird seeing Zonge in GW, because after farting on the apple i think he'd be able to become a millionaire! But maybe he's so stupid that he'll figure that out at the end of the manga or Shima will make a funny comment about like and Zong-eh will be like "What the fuck was i doing this whole time travelling left and right, i could of just farted on these apples and become a millionare!".

And please, as i've said before i've read only UP TO CHAPTER 183, SO NO SPOILERS PLEASE
    Last edited by Freezer; May 27, 2013 at 08:20 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of your questions have been answered in manga, so you'll inevitably get spoilers, be careful:P

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for letting me know :P

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

If you would watch the anime, it was shown there that Toriko ate his share of meteor garlic.

And Ichi's technique that stopped the ape Bishokukai was shown in the anime also. It was like he got trapped in a Reynold's plastic wrap thing. If you would thinkmof it, that's also food related. Plus he also has this vacuum like ability which he used that almost sucked the Bishokukai.

The reason why Ichi doesn't have a combo is maybe because he can't find someone capable of cooking his full course ingredients. I think they're the kind of ingredients that would bloom upon contact with the person that they want to cook them.

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

THE IGO IS EVIL!!!

Using the revitalizing knives could prevent famine and the IGO forbid them? The fuck? Guess Shima didn't think that through... IGO's whole purpose is to make the wolrd a better place and feed people...

AND how was Toriko able to get more Bubble Fruits? It was shown that it's REALLY HARD to get them to appear as one has to CONSTATLY think of gratitude, to an utmost degree so i doubt in that moment, when Chin was about to die, everyone could keep their concentration (heck Komatsu didn't even know that level of gratitude)

Ryuu looked badass! Nothing like that old weak man's back that we saw.

That Ramon guy, i think the mountain people were mentioned at least 2 times (one of the guys in Honey P. was a mountaing king leader bandit or something). And he looks like some shitty OP character that Oda would draw. Ugly as SHIT!

I'm happy that Kuribou? was mentioned when Toriko and K. went to that store early on and also much early on there's a silhouette of the Sakura guy.

Take a look at this guys. So who's who in all of this?

http://www.mangareader.net/toriko/193/6

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/toriko/c126/16.html

Gourmet Mountains Bandits Leader is in prison while Gourmet Mountain Bandit Golbin Ramon is his subordinate i guess?
    Last edited by Freezer; July 02, 2013 at 05:31 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Katoo's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

The 0th guy is probally the older leader,he left and letf the mountain band to the guy who got arrested

Kinda like Mafia guy and match
    English is not my first language,so sorry for any mistakes!

My ''z'' is broken right now,so I will be using ''s'' for time short!

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

In chapter 194 when Toriko said that "We learned Food Honour" i thought that he meant He and Komatsu, but it turns out all of the Kings know it (the filler anime confirmed this as well)... I can't believe this and it makes no sense... Shima should have come up with some cool training for the others as well, in stead of "They had to learn Food Honour because Toriko would be too powerful". It was also really stupid how Zebra's pet turned out so big and destroyed the city. I know, it shows Zebra's in character, but come on, why do this? Shouldn't this pet be WAAAY bigger than Ichiryu's unicorn? That makes no sense! I guess at some point we'll come to monsters who are strong and that size won't matter with them, but having seen Zebra's pet i was like "Zebra's pet will stomp Ichiryuu's pony". I've had this fear since Sani said that Quin could wrap itself around the earth, things look more ridiculous and i wonder how can Shima keep hyping things up.

Yuda was introduced kind of nowhere... He was just there...
    Last edited by Freezer; July 16, 2013 at 04:45 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, when Toriko said we learned Food Honour he meant himself and Komatsu. He didn't know other Heavenly Kings learned it as well. The thing is I also wanted them to learn some other things and not learn Food Honour and Food Immersion, but the likes of Coco and Sani needed it, since otherwise they wouldn't be able to fight with their small ammounts of calories and tons of useless movements.

And about size... well, it's Shimabakuro Mitsutoshi.

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Maan Jorge, it must be tough living in the Gourmet World... Are you a part of the 0th biotope :P ?

---------- Post added July 23, 2013 at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was July 16, 2013 at 07:32 AM ----------

Commentary up to 197 (including)

I like this theory that the 4 K might have cells from the 4 Beasts, but HOW? Aren't they different each time? I'll take things further on and propose this - if the 4K are really based on 4 Beasts it would be cool if the rest of the top tier also had their powers based on certain animals. F.e. Love might have her power by having cells from the GW creature Queen Bee (for example).

I agree with you all that Shima shat (past tense of shit) big time on the previous arcs... Why have the 4 Beasts destroy our beloved Ice-Hell, Biotopes and the rest? Why show ONLY these places, why not have them destroye some other locations in the Human world... Just for the sake of escalating and showing how bad-ass the 4 Beast are? Omg that was sooo lame and so shounen-y in a BAD way... Not liking this type of hype...

Toriko has been so awesome, but the chapter with Zebra's pet and now this make no sense...
    Last edited by Freezer; July 23, 2013 at 11:46 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't mean to throw cold water on your theory but I'm not buying it because the four beasts are not important enough to be worth such attention. There are beasts that are much more fearsome out there in gourmet world and beyond, so I'm not willing to give such a role to the four beasts who turned out to be nothing more than fodder. Hell, even one of Tommyrod's detached arms were a higher capture level than the individual four beasts, and Joa's living shadow was nearly at 300.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner GumGumRep's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Why don't we turn this thread into a questions thread, where anyone can ask any short questions about Toriko that don't deserve their own thread, and the community can try to answer them?

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Obamamania you're clearly ignorant as i've said that haven't read what's released of the manga and the post you specifically read states that i've read up to 197. What's so hard about that?

GumGumRep,

I don't mind it. It's a thread in which i wanted to have my questions only and let it be known that i've read the manga up to certain characters.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast