Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My random Toriko questions thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My random Toriko questions thread

With food honor, Toriko and the other's should have developed newer stronger skills in my opinion. I mean Toriko's main fighting *weapons* are his fists which manifest into forks, knives, ice picks, etc. But there should definitely be more to choose from such as a, just using for example, "TORIKO HAMMER, or SLUDGE HAMMER," and maybe some future developed attacks that not only harness the power of food, buy maybe energy it self like in DBZ.

Coco ftw aswell

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm up to chapter 200

Sani question. In chapter 151 he was unable to defeat that Herculian Beetle by using his Hair Lock. THEN why did he give up? He didn't even try to gaeshi or super fry gaeishi it or try to plug his hair into it? If he did that he could have won just like he did against Seduro's GT robo. Or maybe Sani was able to defeat but he was just testing his strength (then again why didn't he use at least fry gaeshi on it)? He was just standing there and going "Ooh neeeeeu my hair lock couldn't hold him and now i can't even dodge his attack". Perhaps not being able to hold the monster shocked him and thus rendered him useless at the moment.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

The monster was a Gourmet World beast with immeasurable capture level. It's just too strong and too fast for him that time so he couldn't do a counter.
    I think the reason why he can't dodge it was because Guemon was sleeping behind him. He was trying to wake Guemon up and when he turned to the beast, the attack was already launched. He thought that if he moved away, the defenseless Guemon would be hit.

And the author also used that situation to show us the difference between someone who has to think his next move from someone who doesn't have to think at all.
    Last edited by llydnarz; August 24, 2013 at 10:58 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

He couldn't counter? Maan his Dining Kitchen at that time WAS AT LEAST the range it had at the beginning (25 meters was it). So he could have plugged his hair into the monster and then killed in some way. I mean the scene is cool, don't get me wrong, but i think Sani was able to own that shiat like it's... shiat. Yet he was "Blah i can't lock him now wut". I think Shima could have made the scene more clear is what i'm saying.

Perhaps something on the lines of "The monster broke Sani's lock so easily that he couldn't move/ froze on the scene" could make more sense, otherwise Sani could have destroyed that beast without needing power practically, just plug one hair in that thing's brain and it's dead (i know it's not in his character, but still).
    Last edited by Freezer; August 24, 2013 at 12:00 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KungPaoChicken View Post
    With food honor, Toriko and the other's should have developed newer stronger skills in my opinion. I mean Toriko's main fighting *weapons* are his fists which manifest into forks, knives, ice picks, etc. But there should definitely be more to choose from such as a, just using for example, "TORIKO HAMMER, or SLUDGE HAMMER," and maybe some future developed attacks that not only harness the power of food, buy maybe energy it self like in DBZ.

Coco ftw aswell

Toriko will learn Chopsticks soon, and I predict that toriko's ultimate move will be Hand - because that is the original tool that human used to eat.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2