Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Which team wins?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team 7 (Nelliel Tu Odelschwanck, Yasutora Sado, Cirucci Sanderwicci)

5 16.67%
  • Team 8 (Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez, Uryū Ishida, Choe Neng Poww)

25 83.33%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bleach Tournament Round 2: Team 7 vs Team 8

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach Tournament Round 2: Team 7 vs Team 8

Don't forget to read the rules first before you proceed. You can click on character names below pictures to go to their Bleach wiki article for more information. This is a team fight, characters in the same team help each other against the other team.

ROUND 2

Welcome to the Round 2 of team fights of the second Bleach Tournament!
    Here are the contestants who will battle against each other to advance to the next round in the team bracket:

TEAM 7
    TEAM 8

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament Round 2: Team 7 vs Team 8

Grimmjow is ranked Espada Number 6 - Nel was number 3, but as Nnotria points out, the espada have got stronger since then. Nonetheless, she was fully capable of beating an unreleased Nnotria, who is ranked higher than Grimmjow.
    Saying that, when they were both Unreleased Nnotria was winning - I'd rank her around Grimmjow's level. I'd say Uryu is stronger than both Chad and Cirucci combined, and Choe is pretty powerful too.

Team 8 wins this - Nell & Grimmjow fight for a while, then Uryu and Choe Neng Poww appear to cause her more trouble. She can't singlehandedly defeat all 3 of them in the time she remains in adult form, she'll revert and that'll be match over...

Epic Brofist!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member xXAshisogiJizoXx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't go so far as to say Ishida is stronger than both Chad and Cirucci at the same time, but Ishida can def beat Cirucci, and Poww can at least hold Chad long enough for Ishida to finish up, or just beat Chad himself.

I would agree that Nel and GJ are the same/very close in terms of reiatsu and overall "power", but GJ has so much more versatility in his rez while Nel only has the lance throw, which while powerful, seems really limited. Hits a small area and she only has one lance to throw. GJ has tremendous hand to hand skill, speed, durability (though Nel has shown the ability to cut through Nnoi's hierro easily), he manages to use his tail well, and those elbow darts are powerful. Then he still has Desgarron as a last resort. So long as he doesn't attempt a gran rey cero, he should beat Nel comfortably.
    Not Perfect is GOoD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

The Rank in this case has zero meaning in determining who wins. What matters is the feats the combatants have performed & how they can apply those feats to help them gain victory.

Zommari is ranked 7th. That's 2 rank below Nnoitra but no doubt through the techs he demonstrated against Byakuya he could defeat Nnoitra.

Barragan is ranked 2nd. That's 2 ranked below Yammy & a rank below Starrk. How in the world is Yammy (who is slower than a tired HM Rukia) getting a victory against Barragan?

Grimmjow demonstrated more impressive feats than Nnoitra ever did yet he is ranked 6th. Why in the world is Nnoitra even ranked that high. Stupid ranking system.

The only thing Nnoitra has going for him is his insane strength & healing abilities. He is slow to the point a half dead Ichigo could dance around him & he even had to use Nell as the distraction to get Ichigo.

A fast, agile & powerful character can get around Nnoitra (Grimmjow or Unreleased Zommari).
    A haxxed captain class fighter that can manipulate your body with a mere gaze can defeat Nnoitra (Zommari).

Kick the ranks outta here.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Nel should be above grimmjow,despite the fact they got stronger. Uryu should be above Chad,though. Dunno who wins,maybe the first team since Chad is captain level too.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Grimmjow fights Nel while Uryu and Choe defeat Sado and Cirucci and then all three together defeat Nel. Team 8 wins.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    Nel should be above grimmjow,despite the fact they got stronger. Uryu should be above Chad,though. Dunno who wins,maybe the first team since Chad is captain level too.
    Okay, Chad's one of my favourite characters but I fail to see how he's captain class. Can you enlighten me? I can't help but see him getting destroyed by Byakuya, Shinji or Komamura...

Epic Brofist!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say that Grimmjow and Nel are probably pretty closely matched, but Chad is completely outclassed by Ishida. I'd probably favour Choe against Cirucci. This match goes to Team 8.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kazu-Sama View Post
    Okay, Chad's one of my favourite characters but I fail to see how he's captain class. Can you enlighten me? I can't help but see him getting destroyed by Byakuya, Shinji or Komamura...
    Chad was easily vice captain level by the time of Soul Society, unlike Ichigo he was alone with no time to master anything more, lost the fight but managed to scare Shunsui with his final attack, trained to a point where he managed to push Renji with Bankai to his limits with just one arm which is not exactly average vice captain level, got a second arm, and beat an ex-Espada with tremendous ease. And that was with a total of around 40 days of training. He had some 2 years to train and he wasn't exactly defeated in battle during the Fullbring arc. It was also revealed that his Fullbring is his skin, so if he ever gets a full body transformation he's going to become extremely powerful.

Chad wasn't defeated to show he was weak, he was defeated after showing his strength (mowing down the 11th and 8th divisions, annihilating an ex-Espada, killing every non-Espada Hollow in Las Noches together with Renji and Rukia) to show what they were up against.
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    Chad wasn't defeated to show he was weak, he was defeated after showing his strength (mowing down the 11th and 8th divisions, annihilating an ex-Espada, killing every non-Espada Hollow in Las Noches together with Renji and Rukia) to show what they were up against.
    None of the those things indicate that he's captain-class. Every single captain would completely stomp Chad, it wouldn't even be close. His defeat of Gantenbainne remains his greatest feat, and if Gantenbainne wasn't so overly honourable Chad would've lost that battle. I'd bet on any decent VC to be able to handle what Gantenbainne put forth.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    None of the those things indicate that he's captain-class. Every single captain would completely stomp Chad, it wouldn't even be close. His defeat of Gantenbainne remains his greatest feat, and if Gantenbainne wasn't so overly honourable Chad would've lost that battle. I'd bet on any decent VC to be able to handle what Gantenbainne put forth.
    Here's the thing, I've given evidence that Chad was easily above vice captain level, and yet you're completely confident that "Every captain would completely stomp Chad", which is a baseless claim.

As for Garterbelt being honorable, that was before Chad got a grip of his own power, after that they both went all out and Chad came out on top. I don't see how "any decent vice-captain" could have been able to handle Gantenbainne if Chad, the guy that trained against Renji with Bankai with his old arm, couldn't keep up until releasing his full power. Dordonni made it clear that they were nothing to laugh about just because they were demoted Espada.

Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    Here's the thing, I've given evidence that Chad was easily above vice captain level, and yet you're completely confident that "Every captain would completely stomp Chad", which is a baseless claim.

As for Garterbelt being honorable, that was before Chad got a grip of his own power, after that they both went all out and Chad came out on top. I don't see how "any decent vice-captain" could have been able to handle Gantenbainne if Chad, the guy that trained against Renji with Bankai with his old arm, couldn't keep up until releasing his full power. Dordonni made it clear that they were nothing to laugh about just because they were demoted Espada.
    He defeated a Privaron Espada, something achievable by individuals of vice-captain level. That remains his greatest feat, he hasn't shown anything beyond that. What evidence is there that he is easily above vice-captain level? Every single time Chad has come up against someone of captain-class, he has found himself completely out of sorts.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    He defeated a Privaron Espada, something achievable by individuals of vice-captain level. That remains his greatest feat, he hasn't shown anything beyond that. What evidence is there that he is easily above vice-captain level? Every single time Chad has come up against someone of captain-class, he has found himself completely out of sorts.
    You read the facts Torran presented & yet replied so abstractedly as if you never read it at all?

Tell me what "decent VC" is going to oppose Renji in battle especially with his bankai? The same Renji that made Byakuya (one of the strongest captains) rethink the way he dared oppose Renji?

Chad accomplished the above task. He opposed Renji's bankai in battle with just his one hand & matched its fighting power in the span of 40days of training.

Afterwards Chad travelled to HM. His first major battle was against Gartenbein & he was utterly destroyed by Gartenbein who didn't even release his blade. Wait a sec... isn't this the same Chad that opposed the fighting power of Renji's bankai? Ofcourse but he was still no match against sealed Gartenbein however as a result of Chad being acclimated into the realm of HM, his power grew tremendously to the point where he didn't just oppose Gartenbein in his unreleased state but he forced him into releasing his full power & even at that, Chad made short work of him.

Chad went from opposing Renji in bankai (I dare you to say a "decent VC" can oppose Renji in bankai) to getting his butt kicked easily by sealed Gartenbein to utterly annihilating release Gartenbein, the previous Espada. Which part of this suggest Gartenbein is decent VC lvl or can be defeated by a decent VC?

Now, Chad had trained for almost 2 whole years. Not 40days but 500plus days of meaningful training.
    Last edited by Kay3795; June 17, 2013 at 11:57 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to add to that, as per the rules of the tournament, only what has been shown in the manga up to this point in time can be used, so going by that it's the last moment Chad and Uryuu did something meaningful in battle, which was beating a Privaron Espada, or a little earlier which was killing two Arrancar upon arriving to Hueco Mundo, in both cases the two were presented as equals but with different specialties. Chad lost to Nnoitra, Uryuu lost to Szayel, Uryuu lost to Ulquiorra, Chad lost to 0 Yammi, both Chad and Uryuu were cut by Tsukishima, and to this point in the final arc they haven't done any fighting. Pitting the two is useless because as far as manga facts are concerned both are equal and improved after the time skip.

Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    You read the facts Torran presented & yet replied so abstractedly as if you never read it at all?

Tell me what "decent VC" is going to oppose Renji in battle especially with his bankai? The same Renji that made Byakuya (one of the strongest captains) rethink the way he dared oppose Renji?

Chad accomplished the above task. He opposed Renji's bankai in battle with just his one hand & matched its fighting power in the span of 40days of training.

Afterwards Chad travelled to HM. His first major battle was against Gartenbein & he was utterly destroyed by Gartenbein who didn't even release his blade. Wait a sec... isn't this the same Chad that opposed the fighting power of Renji's bankai? Ofcourse but he was still no match against sealed Gartenbein however as a result of Chad being acclimated into the realm of HM, his power grew tremendously to the point where he didn't just oppose Gartenbein in his unreleased state but he forced him into releasing his full power & even at that, Chad made short work of him.

Chad went from opposing Renji in bankai (I dare you to say a "decent VC" can oppose Renji in bankai) to getting his butt kicked easily by sealed Gartenbein to utterly annihilating release Gartenbein, the previous Espada. Which part of this suggest Gartenbein is decent VC lvl or can be defeated by a decent VC?

Now, Chad had trained for almost 2 whole years. Not 40days but 500plus days of meaningful training.
    Firstly, Renji during Chad's training wasn't captain-class. He achieved bankai, but Byakuya showed the gulf in class between the two of them with casual ease. And I also don't get this Byakuya being one of the strongest captains, he was average among the captains. The difference between Renji and a captain-class individual was only reinforced when both he and Ishida attempted to take on Szayelapporo. Let's just get that out of the way. Furthermore, Renji had just recently had his bankai torn to shreds and seriously weakened. Secondly, he could hold off Renji's bankai, but he wasn't Renji's equal. That's important to differentiate. Thirdly, Chad improved significantly during his battle against Gantenbainne, but he went beyond an individual that just wouldn't compare to any of the captains. That became immediately clear when he faced up against Nnoitra, someone who would be considered captain-class. He was barely a nuisance.

What Chad has achieved in 2 years remains unknown? His last rapid advancement was under the conditions of HM, how much he has improved is up in the air. The reality is that he hasn't shown feats equal to a captain-class individual.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast