Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)

View Poll Results: Which team wins?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team 7 (Nelliel Tu Odelschwanck, Yasutora Sado, Cirucci Sanderwicci)

5 16.67%
  • Team 8 (Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez, Uryū Ishida, Choe Neng Poww)

25 83.33%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bleach Tournament Round 2: Team 7 vs Team 8

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament Round 2: Team 7 vs Team 8

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    Because Chad is below captain-level. The difference in level became clear when he faced up against Nnoitra; he was unable to even mildly threaten someone of captain-class.
    Whom among the "decent VC" or you misjudged view of a decent VC can fight Renji's bankai fighting force two years ago? That was the question.

Your digressive attitude towards the obvious question is suspect enough. You can't answer it because there exist non.

Byakuya's greatest feat is his defeat over Zommari, the 7th Espada. Shunsui has shown himself to be superior. He wouldn't hold a candle to the monster that is Unohana. You're leaving some obvious names off the list. Kenpachi defeated a higher-ranked Espada. If you include the likes of Shinji, Isshin, Yoruichi, and Urahara, Byakuya finds himself even farther down in the pecking order.
    Another misconception of power to which I had replied to Kazu-Sama there exist countless methods of fighting & even gave several examples of methods in fighting.

What did Shunsui shown that puts him in the same wave length as Byakuya let alone being superior because he certainly didn't show any of that during his fight with Starrk whom he approached consciously with timing & chance.

Was my assertion that they were losing badly to Szayel inaccurate? Renji has yet to hold his own against someone of captain-class.
    Can't you read? "You either never read what occurred in those chapters or you purposely ignored a very crucial detail regarding that fight & as you've exemplified in the past you carry this characteristic of ignoring details similar to what you did here."

Crucial detail such as Ishida & Renji's primarily powers being negated through Szayel scentific mean?
    Don't know why I even bother at this point.

Once again, you're running on about something that adds nothing to the conversation. Renji's bankai was damaged; fact.
    Rather you refuse to acknowledge what it adds to the conversation.

It's amazing how you beg for links, yet can't provide anything to show that Chad is captain-level. Chad's performance against Nnoitra speaks for itself
    What is captain lvl? What quality comprise captain lvl?
    Can you answer those questions?

& before you state the inconsequentially flawed point you made against Torran about a captain is somebody who is "able to take on a Captain, or someone of comparable power, and at the very least force them to actually get serious is probably a start", I will tell you a simply fact. Mayuri is classed as a captain & is a capatin & Szayel is classed a captain. Both these individuals have vastly different approach to combat compared to Nnoitra because their abilities demands it.

Szayel or Mayuri are two individuals who can't dare take an attacks of HM Chad & expect to walk away freely (Torran post scans of Szayel being critically injured by Renji's incompetent low lvl kido) . Nnoitra could take it because his style is different.

At the end of it all they (Szayel, Mayuri & Nnoitra) are all classed captains. Mayuri is also an individual who can easily destroy Nnoitra because his poison attacks the fragile insides of the body. That means the bones, tissues, organs, brain & etc & Nnoitra is disadvantaged to fight Mayuri for he lacks the means to combat him in range.

Captain class, different fighting style, different outcomes in fighting each other. That's why Torran told you your claim of a captain class individual is somebody who is "able to take on a Captain, or someone of comparable power, and at the very least force them to actually get serious is probably a start" is extremely flawed & he is factually correct in saying that.

Is this meant to mean something? Yukio was a plaything for Hitsugaya. Yukio's style accomplished absolutely nothing.
    Everyone could have been a plaything for Yukio in his dimension but Yukio's lack of creativity allowed Toshiro to get the win. In his dimension (which he can monitor from the real world), he controls time, he controls worlds & he deletes characters, he controls weather & etc. He could have deleted Toshiro from existence altogether (but I suppose you obviously didn't know that otherwise who wouldn't have replied so abstractedly from the point right? Or perhaps you did know).

Like before, refer to the rules of the tournament. We've seen what some of the VCs are capable of during the battle at Karakura, I'd wager that they'd be able to take care of Gantenabainne. Once again, we've seen Chad's performance against individuals of captain-level; he's been useless.
    I keep asking which "decent VC" can handle Renji's bankai fighting force in mortal combat 2 years ago or you invalidate your claim but you didn't & couldn't given any.

You claimed it & yet couldn't back it up with concrete feats. Kept ignoring simple details & not acknowledging the feats you were indulged to.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    Whom among the "decent VC" or you misjudged view of a decent VC can fight Renji's bankai fighting force two years ago? That was the question.

Your digressive attitude towards the obvious question is suspect enough. You can't answer it because there exist non.

Another misconception of power to which I had replied to Kazu-Sama there exist countless methods of fighting & even gave several examples of methods in fighting.

What did Shunsui shown that puts him in the same wave length as Byakuya let alone being superior because he certainly didn't show any of that during his fight with Starrk whom he approached consciously with timing & chance.

Can't you read? "You either never read what occurred in those chapters or you purposely ignored a very crucial detail regarding that fight & as you've exemplified in the past you carry this characteristic of ignoring details similar to what you did here."

Crucial detail such as Ishida & Renji's primarily powers being negated through Szayel scentific mean?
    Don't know why I even bother at this point.

Rather you refuse to acknowledge what it adds to the conversation.

What is captain lvl? What quality comprise captain lvl?
    Can you answer those questions?

& before you state the inconsequentially flawed point you made against Torran about a captain is somebody who is "able to take on a Captain, or someone of comparable power, and at the very least force them to actually get serious is probably a start", I will tell you a simply fact. Mayuri is classed as a captain & is a capatin & Szayel is classed a captain. Both these individuals have vastly different approach to combat compared to Nnoitra because their abilities demands it.

Szayel or Mayuri are two individuals who can't dare take an attacks of HM Chad & expect to walk away freely (Torran post scans of Szayel being critically injured by Renji's incompetent low lvl kido) . Nnoitra could take it because his style is different.

At the end of it all they (Szayel, Mayuri & Nnoitra) are all classed captains. Mayuri is also an individual who can easily destroy Nnoitra because his poison attacks the fragile insides of the body. That means the bones, tissues, organs, brain & etc & Nnoitra is disadvantaged to fight Mayuri for he lacks the means to combat him in range.

Captain class, different fighting style, different outcomes in fighting each other. That's why Torran told you your claim of a captain class individual is somebody who is "able to take on a Captain, or someone of comparable power, and at the very least force them to actually get serious is probably a start" is extremely flawed & he is factually correct in saying that.

Everyone could have been a plaything for Yukio in his dimension but Yukio's lack of creativity allowed Toshiro to get the win. In his dimension (which he can monitor from the real world), he controls time, he controls worlds & he deletes characters, he controls weather & etc. He could have deleted Toshiro from existence altogether (but I suppose you obviously didn't know that otherwise who wouldn't have replied so abstractedly from the point right? Or perhaps you did know).

I keep asking which "decent VC" can handle Renji's bankai fighting force in mortal combat 2 years ago or you invalidate your claim but you didn't & couldn't given any.

You claimed it & yet couldn't back it up with concrete feats. Kept ignoring simple details & not acknowledging the feats you were indulged to.
    Byakuya is well-rounded. But Shunsui, as you keep pointing out, fights using trickery. It's his style. That doesn't make his win any less valid. Yukioi was a rare, Barragan-esque case of a power being theoretically ridiculous and overpowered, and has no impact on the fight. Shunsui has shown incredible sword skills, a genius that far surpasses Byakuya, and a far more varied and useful collection of powers. Can you please show me a single link from the Manga that implies or shows Byakuya is greater than Shunsui? You can't request evidence then fail to provide any yourself.

The Szayel fight, admittedly, had Renji and Uryu at a disadvantage. But Renji's fight have been - losing to Ichigo. Losing to Ichigo. Losing to Byakuya. Beating a fraccion - and even people like Rangiku could beat the fraccion easily when at full power. Losing to Szayel. Losing to an unreleased Yammy at rank 10 and not overly angry. Beating Jackie, a weak fullbringer. And Losing to a quincy. You seem to be under the impression that Renji is at a captain's level, and yet can you show me any evidence he has enough power to fight people like Komamura or Shunsui?

And finally, out of curiousity, why do you think Shunsui is the new CC and not Byakuya?

Epic Brofist!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kazu-Sama View Post
    The Szayel fight, admittedly, had Renji and Uryu at a disadvantage. But Renji's fight have been - losing to Ichigo. Losing to Ichigo. Losing to Byakuya. Beating a fraccion - and even people like Rangiku could beat the fraccion easily when at full power. Losing to Szayel. Losing to an unreleased Yammy at rank 10 and not overly angry. Beating Jackie, a weak fullbringer. And Losing to a quincy.
    Ichigo is insanely strong, justified. Byakuya is also pretty strong, but Renji actually did pretty good, as seen in the links provided above. You're trying to downplay Renji even though he had a limiter lowering his power to about a fifth. He fucked up Szayel pretty badly with a half-assed Kido, was limited to using just Shikai, and then when Szayel finally allowed Renji to fight at full power, he was too worried about Uryuu and stopped paying attention to his surroundings, and Szayel captured him and made a voodoo doll. What do you mean losing to an unreleased Yammi? He released right away, or almost, Renji was even talking casually with Chad there when they saw the 10 in his shoulder. No comment. He failed to cut through As-Nodt Blut Vene, and this is the guy that survived a nuke from an enraged Yamamoto and survived with just some burns. Then the Luchador SR attacked from behind while Renji desperately tried to save Byakuya.

You seem to be under the impression that Renji is at a captain's level, and yet can you show me any evidence he has enough power to fight people like Komamura or Shunsui?
    Evidence provided above that he's actually pretty good and capable of even surviving a hit from Byakuya's Bankai whilst completely immobilized, amongst other things. But you picked some of the worst possible examples as captains because Komamura is pure strength and Shunsui is too smart for him. I can see him however giving some trouble to small attack style captains like Soifon, Gin, Aizen, Zaraki, Mayuri and Ukitake, and not because of strength, but because his giant sword whip can attack from every direction and entangle an opponent, just like he did with Szayel, and buy precious time, because in Bleach a single second can decide the fight. Hell, he even prevented Byakuya from releasing.

And finally, out of curiousity, why do you think Shunsui is the new CC and not Byakuya?
    The Captain Commander is a position of leadership, not power. The CC is tasked with leading the Gotei 13 and making decisions, and managing everything. Yamamoto didn't jump to the frontline until two of his captains destroyed the Soukyoku, when Aizen cut down every single captain and Vaizado present, and when the Quincy decimated the Gotei's forces. The CC has to do much more than fight, as you can see Shunsui making decisions to strengthen the Gotei 13 right away, and doing a lot of paperwork just like the more responsible captains like Byakuya, Komamura and Hitsugaya do, and he has to be charismatic and knows how the Gotei works. A smart guy making battle plans is a lot more valuable as the commander than, say, Zaraki, who would lead the Shinigami to their deaths. Byakuya is not very charismatic and he's relatively new. Komamura would be a good option but he's also a new captain. Ukitake would be a better option if he wasn't dying of AIDS every other second, Unohana has a very important role as the prime healer of the Gotei, so by elimination Shunsui was chosen as the new Captain Commander, and he's been doing a pretty good job despite not fighting anybody, except for maybe killing the best Zanjutsu and Kaido expert just to make a psychopath better at Zanjutsu but with no other skill or interest for the well being of his fellow Shinigami.
    Last edited by Hakuteiken; June 20, 2013 at 11:45 PM.
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Please try to discuss issues related to the respective battle in some way or other. Of course, other names might get a mention here and there to emphasize a certain participant's power, but refrain from structuring the entirety of a post over characters that have no place in the battle.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    I can see him however giving some trouble to small attack style captains like Soifon, Gin, Aizen...
    Umm, lol. Renji?

Anyway, this is a very close call imo. Grimmjow vs Nel is really a toss up, so is Sado vs Uryu. Uryu has beaten Cirucci however and Poww pretty easily shook of some hits from Komamura. Sado could probably beat him, but I doubt it'd be easy. At least, I can see Uryu downing Cirucci before Sado downs Poww.

Though really I suppose it doesn't matter. Whoever wins between Nel and Grimmjow will just destroy the others. I'm leaning toward Team Grimmjow here
    Last edited by Buzz Killington; June 21, 2013 at 01:39 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Umm, lol. Renji?

Anyway, this is a very close call imo. Grimmjow vs Nel is really a toss up, so is Sado vs Uryu. Uryu has beaten Cirucci however and Poww pretty easily shook of some hits from Komamura. Sado could probably beat him, but I doubt it'd be easy. At least, I can see Uryu downing Cirucci before Sado downs Poww.

Though really I suppose it doesn't matter. Whoever wins between Nel and Grimmjow will just destroy the others. I'm leaning toward Team Grimmjow here
    You forgot to read this part:

Quote Quote:
    and not because of strength, but because his giant sword whip can attack from every direction and entangle an opponent, just like he did with Szayel, and buy precious time, because in Bleach a single second can decide the fight. Hell, he even prevented Byakuya from releasing.
    Renji used it once against Aizen to give Ichigo an opening to attack. It failed miserably but another captain would have been a better option than Ichigo at the moment and do much better.
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I didnt forget to read it (honestly doubt it really mattered), I just didnt quote all of it

Your example, what about that implies Renji would even make Aizen swing his sword at him? I mean, a reiatsu crush is viable.. Did you forget Aizen lol'd his way through like 7 Captains in FKT?

Seriously, Renji?

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    ~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Result

Team 7 (Nelliel Tu Odelschwanck, Yasutora Sado, Cirucci Sanderwicci) : 5
    Team 8 (Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez, Uryū Ishida, Choe Neng Poww) : 25

Team 8 advances to the next round.

You can discuss the results in Bleach Tournament Discussion Thread.

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3