Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)

View Poll Results: Which team wins?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Team 9 (Zommari Rureaux, Mayuri Kurotsuchi, Marechiyo Ōmaeda)

The results are hidden 0%
  • Team 10 (Gin Ichimaru, Lisa Yadōmaru, Yumichika Ayasegawa)

The results are hidden 0%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bleach Tournament Round 2: Team 9 vs Team 10

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach Tournament Round 2: Team 9 vs Team 10

Don't forget to read the rules first before you proceed. You can click on character names below pictures to go to their Bleach wiki article for more information. This is a team fight, characters in the same team help each other against the other team.

ROUND 2

Welcome to the Round 2 of team fights of the second Bleach Tournament!
    Here are the contestants who will battle against each other to advance to the next round in the team bracket:

TEAM 9
    TEAM 10

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament Round 2: Team 9 vs Team 10

That awkward moment when Yumichika's shikai is more powerful than a captain's bankai. That is, if he can use it before Konjiki Ashisogi Jizo's poison affects him and the rest of his team. Mayuri's bankai is dangerous, and even though Team 10 should be able to defeat Team 9, they will be dead from poisoning, leaving no survivors in this battle.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Team 9 should be able to take this with moderate difficulty. The problem with this battle is that either Zommari or Mayuri are going to finish up their battle with relative ease, and then Team 10 is going to have a captain-level opponent running around doing as they please. Neither Lisa or Yumichika are likely to be able to handle either Zommari or Mayuri for long. And you'd be hard-pressed to find two people you want to give too much free time to less than Zommari with his ridiculous ability and Mayuri. Omaeda is pretty much a placeholder to keep whoever isn't fighting one of those two busy for a bit.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

The outcome of this large battle would result in a chaotic mess. Every party could end up dead at the end of it all if they decided to work together as a cohesive team (as the battle intents it to be). Mmm... I'll get back to this one later.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Omaeda goes Bankai and stomps everyone. Clear victory for Team 9. Zommari and Mayuri are only his underlings.

But dont underestimate Gin.. His Bankai can stab instantly if he intends to and his wide range attacks could also be difficult. Would be the perfect combination with a close combat fighter like Lisa. And Yunichika would support them with his Shikai, which is extremely dangerous. Will be an interesting match.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that people are underestimating Gin. His Bankai can one-shot any of the opponents - none of them are at the level Ichigo was when they fought.

Omeda dies instantly too, so it ends up being either Maryui or Zommari fighting against Lisa and Yumichika, with Gin sniping from afar. I can't see team 10 losing this...

Epic Brofist!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Mayuri can take down Lisa and Yumichika in moments with his Shikai, and his bankai could bring down pretty much everyone on the battlefield. Zommari could potentially focus his eyes on the three members of Team 10, and a single look would be enough to stop Gin from utilising his bankai to its full extent in a moment. Omaeda isn't even necessary. Once Mayuri or Zommari can get a touch or look on Gin the battle is effectively over.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member xXAshisogiJizoXx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gin is probably the most immediate threat in this fight, but I think Zommari could actually hold him off for a while with Gemelos Sonido. And of course that dangerous rez could make for a super quick match, cause I don't see a situation where one of team 10 will figure out the weakness of kido since i dont recall any of the above using it. Though he does have a major weakness in losing his sonido once he releases, so his two best moves are exclusive. Though that ball shield is also really durable, quick to activate, and his eyes can still be utilized.

For Mayuri, people act like he has no physical feats, but he does have very good speed. Read the manga instead of watching the anime (since he does that slomo run in the anime while Uryu thinks). In the fight with uryu, he dodged an arrow that was already mid flight, and the resulting explosion. Uryu also mentioned that his reiatsu was very strong (albeit only in waves). Not to mention he easily shunpoed past Szaeyel the moment he actually had to question one of Szaeyels abilities. For him getting caught, that's very sketchy cause he was fully prepared and expecting it. So decent speed, super unforgiving shikai and bankai, insane durability, regenerative serum, Mayuri has a lot going for him, though usually only his lack of physicality comes into play in these tournaments.

Omaeda does have tactical uses, despite his weakness, and his shikai does do some damage.... He can either buy some time, or use sneaking tactics to do some damage.

Yumichika is really unimpressive without his full shikai, and with it, we have only seen it against fruity fraccion. I cannot see Zommari EVER getting caught by it, just a clone. And as discussed, mayuri and omaeda are also fast, but maybe not fast enough, it is hard to say, since yumi was in a confined space when he used it.

Lisa is also a tough melee range fighter and can definitely annoy Mayuri for a while, but still don't see her threatening Zommari who is more physically capable. Even with Mayuri though, she has to lop off his head to kill him, he has to scratch her to stop one of her limbs or even her entire body, plus she has no answers to his Bankai.

Gin is undoubtedly dangerous, especially in a group fight. But Ichigo seemed to hold it off well enough by parrying relentlessly. While Ichigo had to figure it out over time, I don't see Mayuri being confused by Gin's misdirection. The poison though is so dangerous though. Basically one stab and that opponent is defeated. Fun match up.
    Last edited by xXAshisogiJizoXx; June 21, 2013 at 11:11 AM.
    Not Perfect is GOoD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn... Close match.

Team 10 has the better base stats in Gin and Lisa, but Team 9 has better hax overall, mainly due to Amor's subtlety. Its effective use in a team matchup could be a complete game changer.

Either team deserves to move on, don't yet know who I'll vote for.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, this is difficult. I ended up picking Mayuri's team due to one factor only... The ability to attack several opponents simultaneously.

Have Omaeda charge in recklessly and while the other team is too busy laughing/hacking at him Zamarri and Mayuri aoe them all simultaneously.
    Could take out everybody but Gin in seconds.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a pretty close match. It actually depends on who will be able to use their ability first.

First I thought that I would vote for Gin's and Liza's team, but then I remembered Zomari's ability that is damn hax, especially against weak opponents and close range fighters, so he might actually use it to easily take down the likes of Yumichika and Liza if she doesn't use her mask with Shikai from get-go.
    At the same time, while Gin's Bankai is great, I doubt he can do anything against Zomari's ability if he doesn't know about it. And Gin doesn't seem the one to use his Bankai from the start. Also he won't block Zomari's ability like Byakuya did with Dankou, since Gin never showed anything in Kidou.

At the same time Mayuri is the one who is the most dangerous in this fight, since there are no really strong opponents who have enormous AoE attacks or who can move with an insanely fast speed, so it would be difficult for them to avoid Mayuri's Bankai's poison, especially if he manages to use his ability in a combo with Zomari's ability... It might be actually one of the best combos in the current Tournament

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Imo,team 10 wins. Gin's bankai is too haxed, it's too fast for that kind of opponents. lisa is a vc, but hollowification is another power up. Zommari is too overrated,imo, just because he dealt with byakuya properly. Mayuri may win after having prepared everything, in this case he should just be slashed without realizing it.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Team 10 wins this one, no one on team 9 can avoid his Bankai, which also lets him stay out of Mayuri's poison. Zommari might be fast enough when he's unreleased to dodge Gin's Bankai attacks, but he's stationary once he releases which means instant death for him.

Lisa and Yumichika are not power players here, but they are strong/hax enough to slow down and distract Team 9 enough for Gin to hit them with his Bankai.
    Lisa fought a released Hallibel 1 vs 1, I don't think Mayuri or Zommari can just brush her aside, and Yumichika has his hax shikai which hasn't even been shown to have a limit yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    PS. To bad you are not 4 years older and living in my country as i would love to exchange ideas over a drink :P
    Tell the emperor that my hall has fallen to the ground. Phoibos no longer has his house, nor his mantic bay, nor his prophetic spring; the water has dried up.- Pythia of Delphi

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonix View Post
    Team 10 wins this one, no one on team 9 can avoid his Bankai, which also lets him stay out of Mayuri's poison. Zommari might be fast enough when he's unreleased to dodge Gin's Bankai attacks, but he's stationary once he releases which means instant death for him.

Lisa and Yumichika are not power players here, but they are strong/hax enough to slow down and distract Team 9 enough for Gin to hit them with his Bankai.
    Lisa fought a released Hallibel 1 vs 1, I don't think Mayuri or Zommari can just brush her aside, and Yumichika has his hax shikai which hasn't even been shown to have a limit yet.

To me this is what this fight comes down to. All of team 10 are powerful, and none of them will just roll over and die. Gin, Especially, is massively deadly with his long-range high-speed Bankai. However, while team 9 has nobody that's particularly strong, both Maryui and Zommari have incrediblely hax powers. Zommari's comes with a big disadvantage - he can either dodge using sonido or use his power, not both. And Maryu's Bankai is potentially a game-winner, but the man himself is decidedly average in fighting skills...

Epic Brofist!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leonsagara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem with Mayuri's bankai is that he would be the only one left standing if he used it. The range on it would take out his teammates as well, not that he would care.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast