Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Which team wins?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team 11 (Nnoitra Gilga, Mashiro Kuna, Rukia Kuchiki)

21 65.63%
  • Team 12 (Tōshirō Hitsugaya, Gantenbainne Mosqueda, Shūhei Hisagi)

11 34.38%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bleach Tournament Round 2: Team 11 vs Team 12

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach Tournament Round 2: Team 11 vs Team 12

Don't forget to read the rules first before you proceed. You can click on character names below pictures to go to their Bleach wiki article for more information. This is a team fight, characters in the same team help each other against the other team.

ROUND 2

Welcome to the Round 2 of team fights of the second Bleach Tournament!
    Here are the contestants who will battle against each other to advance to the next round in the team bracket:

TEAM 11
    TEAM 12

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament Round 2: Team 11 vs Team 12

I would give this to Team 12.

If we talk here about post-timeskip Hitsugaya who has an access to Bankai, then it would be a comfortable victory for him against Nnoitora, since his Bankai is quite deadly, while it's especially good against Nnoitora, since he is a close-range fighter and for his attacks to land he needs to get close, while Hitsugay is better on middle- and long-range with his ice attacks. Also His Bankai move with which he managed to inprison Hallibel was quite deadly and without Wondy's help, she might have died. At the same time Nnoitora won't get sucfh a help here.
    So if Hitsugaya manages to take down Nnoitora, team 12 will win without much problems.

Even though Mashiro is quite strong, I doubt she will be able to take down Gantenbain and Hisagi at the same time, while I do believe that either Gantenbein or Hisagi would be enough to comfortably take down Rukia, cause after timeskip she never shoed anything. At the same time she was taken down by either Riruka or Quincies. At the same time Hisagi is said to have Bankai (we won't take it in account, since he never showed it, but still) and he was able to fight quite some time against Driscoll, who was one of the Sternenritters and who was quite strong.
    Soi even though Rukia is a VC now, she never actually showed that she managed to considerably progress after timeskip. Actually I would say that even in the begining of Bleach it wasd said that she was already able to become VC, but it was her brother who suspended this promotion, since he was worried about her, thus I think she is the weakest link in this match.

So overall, I think team 12 should take this match quite comfortably.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd favour Team 12 because of the matchups. Hitsugaya is probably going to be a pain for Team 11 because he's a long range fighter with lots of power behind him, while Nnoitra and Mashiro are close-combat foes and Rukia can't hope to be even a mild threat to Hitsu. I think Gantenbainne is probably the weakest link amongst the two teams, but he should be able to hold out against either Mashiro or Rukia for a stretch. Hisagi should be more than a match for Rukia, and could probably put up a good fight against Mashiro. One-on-ones or a team battle, both scenarios probably favour Team 12.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member xXAshisogiJizoXx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Overall team 12 has the advantage, but one strong strategy for team 11 is to have Nnoi take on both Hisagi and Gantenbainne, while Mashiro and Rukia hold off Hitsu. Ganten and Hisagi are all round tough fighters, but the nature of Nnoi's hierro makes it so that to hurt him, you need to reach a certain threshold of destructiveness/cutting power, where if you are below, you are basically a non threat to him. Mashiro who can utilize her mask throughout the fight should be powerful enough to harass Hitsu, especially if Rukia uses her kido whenever there is an opening.

I would argue that hierro would help against Hitsu, but considering D-roy vs Rukia, it seems ice is super effective against hierro, seeing as Rukia couldn't cut D-roy but still won easily. Granted the difference between Nnoi and D-roy is gargantuan, and don't expect Nnoi to be shattered if caught, but he would be stuck.
    Not Perfect is GOoD

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

xXAshisogiJizoXx

Quote Quote:
    I would argue that hierro would help against Hitsu, but considering D-roy vs Rukia, it seems ice is super effective against hierro, seeing as Rukia couldn't cut D-roy but still won easily. Granted the difference between Nnoi and D-roy is gargantuan, and don't expect Nnoi to be shattered if caught, but he would be stuck.
    About Rukia's ice-based attacks... You should remember what happened, when she tried to use it against a relevant opponent - Grimjaw... He easily got out and then pierced her gut. While Grimjawe wasn't even trying and he is supposed to be weaker than Nnoitora.

About the strategy you've proposed for Team 11... I don't really think Rukia and Mashiro combined have any chance against Hitsugaya. Even though he isn't a Reiatsu monster, but he is still quite strong even for Captains. And his Bankai is deadly. At the same time Rukia isn't even an average VC. She should be one of the weakest. Mashiro is quite strong, but still not a Captain level (maybe barely around minimum Captain-level, but only due to speed and Reiatsu, not by abilities). So I seriously doubt they can hold him enough for Nnoitora to take down both Gantenbein and Hisagi. And, when Hitsugaya finishes his opponents, then Nnoitora is dead, since Hitsugaya will just inprison him the same way he did to Hallibel.

P.S. Still, you gave an interesting possibility. But I think that Team 12 will still win due to them having two of their best fighters a close-range ones and the same Nnoitora isn't the fastest one out there.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Crystal Black's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This all comes down to Nnoitra Vs Hitsugaya. If Hitsu can freeze Nnoitra's Hierro than his team wins, if not, Nnoitra likely slaughters his whole team.
    Smiling Devil

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    xXAshisogiJizoXx

About Rukia's ice-based attacks... You should remember what happened, when she tried to use it against a relevant opponent - Grimjaw... He easily got out and then pierced her gut. While Grimjawe wasn't even trying and he is supposed to be weaker than Nnoitora.

About the strategy you've proposed for Team 11... I don't really think Rukia and Mashiro combined have any chance against Hitsugaya. Even though he isn't a Reiatsu monster, but he is still quite strong even for Captains. And his Bankai is deadly. At the same time Rukia isn't even an average VC. She should be one of the weakest. Mashiro is quite strong, but still not a Captain level (maybe barely around minimum Captain-level, but only due to speed and Reiatsu, not by abilities). So I seriously doubt they can hold him enough for Nnoitora to take down both Gantenbein and Hisagi. And, when Hitsugaya finishes his opponents, then Nnoitora is dead, since Hitsugaya will just inprison him the same way he did to Hallibel.

P.S. Still, you gave an interesting possibility. But I think that Team 12 will still win due to them having two of their best fighters a close-range ones and the same Nnoitora isn't the fastest one out there.
    Well, Nnoi destroyed Chad with a single move, and the recent team discussion had a lot of reasons to support Chad being around high VC level. Nnoitora is only slow in regards to his complete lack of sonido feats, but his actual movement and reaction speeds are just fine, so I don't see Ganten nor Hisagi lasting very long, Nnoi doesn't toy with people below him, though he does leave them alive sometimes....

And well, GJ is way above Rukia (only 1 rank below Nnoi), something Nnoi is not to Hitsu. My use of the D-roy fight was to show people on relatively equal terms, ice seemingly trumps hierro.

As for Mashiro, aside from speed and reiatsu, she also packs a huge wallop in her strikes, so its not like if she lands a hit, that Hitsu can just shrug it off. As for Rukia, her kido skills are not bad at all. If she used a rod of six lights on Hitsu, that would hold him for AT LEAST a few seconds, and if his attention is else where, all the more chances she can land it, and once landed, no reason why Mashiro couldn't capitalize to great effect. Not saying Hitsu would lose to that combo, but to say he can take them down fast and easy on versatility and well roundedness alone doesn't add up IMO.

That being said, Team 12 has the more well rounded team (not to mention the AHEMpopularityvoteAHEM)
    Not Perfect is GOoD

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    ~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Hitsugaya's shikai attack failed to freeze Yammy or does my memory fail me? Nnoitra's hierro is harder, probably much harder than Yammy's, I wonder if Hitsugaya's ice attacks will be effective against him. IMHO Hitsugaya's best shot is Hyōten Hyakkasō but it didn't kill Harribel immediately, it's not out of the realm of possibilities that Nnoitra might survive it. But if he can stall Nnoitra and also freeze Mashiro who seems to be the biggest threat of the remaining four, it probably tips the balance in their favor. It's a close fight, I'm still undecided.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Miyagi
    Well, I don't think it is connected to Hierro. I think it mostly is in difference in Reiatsu. The same way Grimjaw broke out of Rukia's Shikai attack. As Aizen stated if opponents have stronger Reiatsu they can negate or break out of their opponent's ability with pure Reiatsu.

And well, there is also a difference between Shikai and Bankai attacks, so I don't see how Nnoitora would just break out of Hitsu's Bankai attack.

Also if we compare Nnoitora's and Hallibel's situation we should consider that in Hallibel's case, she was saved by Wondy who managed to negate Hitsugaya's attack with his special ability, the same way he negated Mashiro's Mask and seemingly how he negated Kensei's Bankai attacks. Otherwise Hallibel would have died after some time, since some flowers still needed to bloom in order for her to die.
    In this fight there won't be Wondy to help Nnoitora if he falls under this attack. Also, as it was mentioned in the manga this attack from Hitsugaya has a really big range, so it might actually affect entire field and may affect all of his opponents and teammates as well... And that might be a problem for both teams to some extent.(

Also we should remember that Hitsugaya was said to perfect his Bankai during timeskip, so it might also be somewhat of a gamechanger.

I agree that it will be a close fight, depending on what tactic Team 11 will use, since they might try to slaughter Hitsugaya by attacking him all at once in a close-range fight and if Hitsu goes down, then Team 11 will obviously win.

xXAshisogiJizoXx

About Nnoitora's and Chad's fight... Chad was seriously weakened and wounded after the fight against Gantenbein, where he won with a great effort, while Nnoitora was at his best. Also I think Chad didn't fully understand who he was fighting. Even though he knew that Nnoitora was strong, but it seems that he didn't understand how strong he really was. If he knew, then it might have been a bit different fight with Chad using a different tactic. It would still be the same way though, even if Chad was at his fullest as well, but still.

This question really depends on tactics. If Hitsugaya takes Nnoitora on, while Gantenbein and Hisagi will try to stall or take down Rukia and Mashiro, then it might be a different case.

It seems the fight would be quite close, since it will depend on the tactics both teams will choose. Thus an outcome would be different to predict even though I would vote for Team 12 with a small margin, since I think they would win in most of the cases, but of course with considerable difficulties.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always been under the impression that hierro provides protection against ice and similar attacks. Hitsugaya managed to freeze Gin's left arm during their fight and Gin most likely has more reiatsu than Yammy in his sealed form. If hierro is a factor, Nnoitra may be more resistant to Hitsugaya's ice attacks than Harribel which may give him the opportunity to break free from it before he freezes entirely. The ice affected Harribel to the extent that she couldn't move without outside help but Nnoitra has a tougher skin, so the ice may have a lesser effect. It's true that Hitsugaya has perfected his bankai during the timeskip and I see him close to Byakuya in power now but since we've never seen him fight in his new bankai form, this point is moot for the purposes of this tournament.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if Hierro does help, that only aids in team 11's chances. Though, supposedly in the character book, Yammy had the second strongest hierro, which is completely contrary to what we've seen of Yammy so not too sure how seriously that should be taken. Probably only applies when he is released.

And while I agree with that regarding Chad's "fight" with Nnoi, that same Chad still just destroyed Gantenbainne, so he won't last long, and Hisagi once alone wouldn't last longer either, especially if Nnoi releases. Not to mention Nnoi does make use of his weapon from a distance, so he's not totally defenseless at a range, plus uses Kenpachi-esque style leaps and charges to close the distance.

Not to mention, if there is anything we know about Hitsu, is that his fights are always drawn out. He certainly has it in him to win this match, because Nnoi is a very good match for him, but on that same note, if he does not take care of Nnoi, Nnoi will take care of the other two. Plus, if he is frozen, I don't think it would ask too much of Mashiro to free Nnoi if her opponent is either Gantenbainne or Hisagi.

I will concede that the strategy of Nnoi vs Hitsu is more likely than Nnoi taking on the other two while the girls hold Hitsu, but the first strategy is still a hard win for Team 12, while the second strategy is an easier win for Team 11 IMO.
    Not Perfect is GOoD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Team 12 certainly can win, with HH being the biggest factor. However, I'm inclined to give it to Team 11 due to Mashiro. She's far better than the VCs and any Privaron, and her exclusivity with close quarters fighting will be a nuisance to Hitsugaya, who's relatively weak in that area.

If one of Hitsugaya's teammates can live long enough to help him out, it could alleviate the pressure. However, I see Rukia, Hisagi, and Gantenbaine all getting taken out rather quickly. Leaving Team 11 with a preferable duo to Team 12's uno.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Team 11 takes this.

The whole argument about "Hitsugaya freezes everyone" is invalid. When he froze Gin in SS, he didnt give a shit and it didnt affect him anyway.

Hitsugayas attacks are only powerful, if there is water in his surrounding. Thats the reason he won against Luppi and that was also the advantage against Halibel.
    But in a tournament like this, he doesnt have such a big advantage, so he cant freeze Nnoitra and the others so easily.

Mashiro is stronger than Hisagi - Hisagi is a litte but stronger than Rukia and Gantenbain is the weakest of the bunch.
    So Mashiro and Rukia are able to win against Hisagi and Gantenbain. To be fair, Rukia would also be defeated.. So in the end: Nnoitra and Mashiro VS Hitsugaya

...cant see any way for him to win. I doubt that he is even stronger than Nnoitra. That Espada is a real beast, the Kenpachi among the espadas.
    Last edited by Sir Amigo; June 26, 2013 at 03:00 AM.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry for that genious Hitsugaya, but nnoitra should be too strong for them,not to mention there's a vizard there as well. but rukia should be weaker than hisagi anyway.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hitsugaya says fuck it and freezes everyone with Tenso Jurin/'HH' right off the bat in Bankai. /troll
    Last edited by freshseth83; June 26, 2013 at 03:22 PM.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast