Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Best arc in the manga (uptil now)

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chunnin Exams Arc

14 46.67%
  • Invasion of Pain Arc

8 26.67%
  • Land of Wave Arc

5 16.67%
  • Sasuke Retrieval Arc

1 3.33%
  • Itachi Pursuit Arc

1 3.33%
  • Confining the Jinxchuriki Arc

0 0%
  • Shinobi World War Arc

1 3.33%
  • Others

0 0%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The best arc of the manga (upto now)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Avishek's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Question The best arc of the manga (upto now)

We are most likely coming to the end of a long and mostly excellent manga.

Given that, I am feeling a little nostalgic.

There have been so much that happened since Naruto sped along the road after disfiguring the Hokage faces!

Characters have changed, they have died, they have come back (A LOT. LOL!)

But all through this, we have been with it on it's long ride.

Now that it's likely coming to it's end, I want to discuss which arc has been your favourite.

It may be because your favourite character got some great development or because it involved some great battles.

Pleas mention your favourite arc and why you loved it!
    Reading is a good habit.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The best arc of the manga (upto now)

M favorite arc is the chunnin exams.

I love seeing ninjas from other villages and finding out there powers. The growth of characters and development of the story was amazing.... good times.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Pain Invasion Arc (or the entirety of the Pain Saga).

And second would be Chuunin Exam Arc.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member flow like's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

konoha history arc. land of wave arc. invasion of pain arc. 4 shinobi war arc. chuunin exam arc. invasion of konoha arc.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member liductan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Land of waves arc.

pein invasion arc

immortals arc
    I have a black-belt in sarcasm, a degree in smartass and experienced in Bitch. Yep, I am damn ninja..

---you have been warned..

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Everything up to the death of Hiruzen was fantastic. After that arcs had slightly less impact than the previous one.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Without any doubts it is the Chuunin Exam arc.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Jabman's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It's definitely the chunnin exam up until the funeral of Hiruzen. The arc that follows is my second favourite where they attempt to take back sasuke. And then the manga gets kinda mediocre up until the uchiha brothers arc and it's been pretty good with recent awesomeness ever since.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

For me, the top five are:

1.The Chunnin Exam arc: Both in character development and awesome fighting, it stood out. This arc served as an introduction to the shinobi world by incorporating new villages and giving us Orochimaru and Gaara.

2.Land of the Waves arc: There was a time when Kishi really used to hit the ball out of the park with his plot. With the question of 'What is a Shinobi' hanging in the air, we got treated to some excellent characterization of the main antagonists - Zabuza and Haku. And the image of Sasuke standing over Naruto and Naruto's reaction was a pivotal moment in the series.

3.Sasuke Retrieval arc: If for nothing else, than that it showed that the hero is never enough and that the sum is greater than the parts. Each of the young shinobi were put in a tough situation and somehow pulled through. And yet they failed. Nothing sets you up for life like defeat.

4.Hidan and Kakuza arc: I was waiting for this arc ever since Part I ended. But never did I expect this. Another of the Sarutobi clan fell. But a older and much wiser Shikamaru didn't give in to depression and redeemed himself by defeating Asuma's killer by out-smarting him. A bonus treat was Naruto finally creating a new jutsu.

5.Invasion of Pain arc: Coming on the back of the deaths of two popular characters, this arc had a lot to live up to. And it delivered - in both small and large dosage. Naruto came out more mature than ever. Kakashi made peace with his father, Hinata finally confessed her love and Naruto met Minato! But it was in the end that Naruto stood out - by his resolve to be the hero his sensei and father wanted him to be. And who failed to tear up with Iruka when the entire village came to greet him as a hero?

A honourable mention should be given to Kakashi Gaiden arc. It featured the origin of the most complex character in the manga. While I'm still livid we got so little, it was great to see Kakashi finally coming out of the shadow of his father's fall and becoming the man he is today. Also was bittersweet the way Kakashi promised a dying Obito to protect Rin, with us knowing fully well that he is the only remaining member of Team Minato.
    Reading is a good habit.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

this thread needs a poll !!!

i would say the pein invasion/naruto training for sage mode arc is the best

all the way from jaraiya's fight in sage mode against pain , to naruto training and pain invading konoha and climaxing with naruto defeating pain

that was the best arc of the manga

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    this thread needs a poll !!!

i would say the pein invasion/naruto training for sage mode arc is the best

all the way from jaraiya's fight in sage mode against pain , to naruto training and pain invading konoha and climaxing with naruto defeating pain

that was the best arc of the manga
    also i believe the sasori/deidra arc where they kidnapped gaara and sakura/chio defeated sasori and naruto and kakashi chased down diedra, i know this isnt listed but i LOVED this arc, it was sakura's last moment of glory but more importantly we got to see deidra at his peak and overall it was just a quality arc, i loved it

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I have added a poll based on the posts so far.

If I missed your favourite arc, you have the post section to express your views. Beforehand, Sorry if I missed your favourite arc.
    Reading is a good habit.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Pain invasion was the peak of this manga in my opinion though the land of waves was almost just as good.
    Meh

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Zimbabwe
    Post Thanks / Like

Invasion of Pain, hands down.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Land of Waves arc and chuunin exam arc are my favorites. Such way of writing in Part II wasn't seen until Naruto fought Pain, and since then it's disappeared.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

My Top 5

1. Land of Waves - Easily the best arc ever. Had emotion, and really had the characters (Naruto, Sasuke and Kakashi) at their best and most bad ass while the manga was still about Ninja's and not Super Saiyans. The reveal of Kakashi's Sharigan, and when he pulled out Rakiri while fighting Zabuza were fucking awesome. Naruto really becoming a hero, and truly the first and last time we really see Naruto and Sasuke fight so great as a team.

2. Immortals - Hidan and Kakazu were an awesome pair of villains and getting to see other ninja in action aside from our heroes was awesome. Kakashi proved his worth in this arc and Shikamaru solidified himself as someone not to be fucked with. Again, you had great emotions with Team Asuma and Kurenia and Asuma's relationship but this arc was about Asuma and Shikamaru. It introduced the idea of "The King" and helped Naruto grow by making him create FRS.

3. Jiraiya's Death/Intro to Pain - Pain was much more epic and evil in this arc and Jiraiya's death is the best death I can think of in the whole manga. Truly awesome with great story telling and action. The aftermath of Shikamaru helping Naruto cope with Jiraiya's death can't be undersold, and the resolve Naruto got to avenge his teacher and become a Sage was awesome. Truly though, this arc was about Jiraiya, and it did his character great justice.

4. The Chunnin Exams/First Invasion of Konoha - The best fights in the manga are probably in this arc thanks to the Tournament. So many character reveals and moments there is too many to name.

5. First Search for Sasuke Arc In Part 2 - Really underrated arc IMO. We have the introductions of Tenzou and Sai, along with Danzou. Sasuke's first reveal in Part 2 was a doozy and really made him look fucking awesome and so far beyond Naruto that Naruto looked helpless. Anything with Orochimaru is also awesome, but the highlight is without a doubt the reveal of the 4 tailed Naruto. This put into perspective for the first time just how powerful, and dangerous our hero was.

Honorable Mention (In no order)

*Rescue Sasuke* - We got to see Shikamaru in his first leadership role and also got to see amazing fights all around. Naruto's loss at the VOTE put a lot of things in perspective and set a tone for the rest of the manga. Highlights include obviously Naruto v. Sasuke, but also Neji v. Kidimarro, and Kimmiaro vs. Gaara and Lee.

*Kakaashi Gaiden* - Not much needs to be said about this, young Kakashi and Minato stole the show for a while. It was great seeing shinobi from a different era, and was also our first taste of shinobi from Iwa which was cool as it gave the world a bigger feel. Minato was epic, but Kakashi and Obito's somber goodbyes is what made it for me.

*Rescue Gaara" - There are a lot of ways Part 2 could have opened, and instead of going with Sasuke we got this and it was awesome. Gaara and Naruto's friendship began, and we got to see some new things from everyone. Most impressive about this arc was Sakura, and the reveal of Deidara for me. Naruto and Kakashi's fights and reveals of their new abilities was cool, but really this arc set up the true introduction of Akaktsuki and once again made the world seem so much bigger.

My Worst Arcs - I'm sure people will disagree with me, but ya here goes.

*Pain Invasion* - There were certainly some highs (Naruto being a fucking badass) but the lows were far too low to ignore. Naruto using book no jutsu on Nagato who made the worst and most unbelievable 180 nearly ruined the manga for me. Ksihi had a great opportunity to once again set his manga apart from other Shounen but instead took like 10 steps back, and the manga has yet to recover. This then lead to the revival of all the dead characters (huge ass pull and cop out IMO). Other shitty stuff is the fact that Kakashi got absolutely trolled, Konohamaru somehow was able to defeat a Pain body when his Jounin teacher could not, and Pain was at times gimped. He went from trouncing Jiraiya to fighting like a moron against Naruto. O, and speaking of him, the whole having his father save him was horse shit and terribly done. I thought Naruto was on his own at this point but sadly still needed help.

*9 tails Training/Pre-War* - Aside from the famous "Armadillo Dick Incident" this arc just simply annoyed me. Once again our hero needed saving while dealing with inner turmoil, and I just disliked many of the characters in this arc. Kisame getting trolled twice was terrible (even though his death and flashback was awesome). Just didn't want to see Naruto be stupid again and have to rely on other people to figure out his own shit. The flashback to the night of his birth was awesome but the rest just sucked to me.

*The 4th Shinobi War* - While there have been some cool and epic moments, the war as a whole has been such a debacle that I am often left at a loss of words to describe my disappointment. Edo Tensei was such a bad idea I don't even know where to begin. The fact that hardly anyone significant has died despite there being over 40,000 casualties is astounding. Obito sucked and so did his reveal. Madara holding back for no reason makes no sense. Ass pull after ass pull after ass pull regarding Naruto's power, the Kyuubi's change of heart, people like Hanzo simply doing nothing, Naruto being a dumbass for no reason, Naruto and Obito screaming at each other repeating themselves, I can go on for days. What could have, and should have been an awesome climax has been mostly a letdown and has dropped this manga down a lot of pegs for me.
    Last edited by Delbi; May 28, 2013 at 10:24 AM.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast