Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Best arc in the manga (uptil now)

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chunnin Exams Arc

14 46.67%
  • Invasion of Pain Arc

8 26.67%
  • Land of Wave Arc

5 16.67%
  • Sasuke Retrieval Arc

1 3.33%
  • Itachi Pursuit Arc

1 3.33%
  • Confining the Jinxchuriki Arc

0 0%
  • Shinobi World War Arc

1 3.33%
  • Others

0 0%
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The best arc of the manga (upto now)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The best arc of the manga (upto now)

Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    *Pain Invasion* - There were certainly some highs (Naruto being a fucking badass) but the lows were far too low to ignore. Naruto using book no jutsu on Nagato who made the worst and most unbelievable 180 nearly ruined the manga for me. Ksihi had a great opportunity to once again set his manga apart from other Shounen but instead took like 10 steps back, and the manga has yet to recover. This then lead to the revival of all the dead characters (huge ass pull and cop out IMO). Other shitty stuff is the fact that Kakashi got absolutely trolled, Konohamaru someone was able to defeat a Pain body when his Jounin teacher could not, and Pain was at times gimped. He went from trouncing Jiraiya to fighting like a moron against Naruto. O, and speaking of him, the whole having his father save him was horse shit and terribly done. I thought Naruto was on his own at this point but sadly still needed help.
    Even though Pain Invasion Arc was is one of my favorites, I can't help but agree with these points. Though I consider most of these things to be the end of the arc, when the series went down.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member naruto the best's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

My top 3!

The Chuunin Exam Arc

Naruto's fart was a highlight
    Gaara vs Lee wooowwwww! --- this fight made my head roll....
    The tournament was just so great that it shoud be #1.

The Pain Invasion Arc

Naruto went badass...
    Naruto became a hero...
    Naruto learned Sage Mode tech..
    Kakashi vs Deva Path..
    6 Tailed Naruto vs Pain so awesome...
    The ruining factor was Nagato's decision, but still it's one of the best. Anyway if Nagato's decision was different we wouldn't have bent seeing Kakashi now.
    Naruto with toads vs 6 Paths all the way....

The Land of Waves Arc

Great Job for Team Kakashi...
    Naruto-Sasuke Teamwork...how awesome when Naruto turned into shuriken..
    First Team real challenge...
    Suspense so alive....
    I like Zabusa-Haku partnership...I was impressed with ZAbusa's stance as a ninja!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the arc with the 5 kage summit and sasuke vs danzou is also one of my favorites

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Top 3: Pein Invasion (The Western online Anime fandom was buzzing, there were Sage Mode avatars and sigs and photos just flying across everywhere)
    Possibly best arc I've ever read in manga?

Chunin Exams: This whole thing was amazing. The way the author did characters here was amazing.
    The amount of AMVs on Youtube when AMVs were the in thing a few years ago, are countless probably a millions of clips taken out of Naruto.
    Its what made me remember to start this series online properly way back in 2007 since I first saw it on my TV in Eng Dub.

Leaf 5 VS Sound 5: I was excited throughout. It was the last time we would get real 1-on-1 fights with many people outside of Team7.

Worst:

This World War.
    Its been unnatural, nonsense arriving chapter after chapter, thankfully I remember the many amazing arcs before this so I can never let this series go.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Even though Pain Invasion Arc was is one of my favorites, I can't help but agree with these points. Though I consider most of these things to be the end of the arc, when the series went down.
    All the gravity of the arc, ala people dying and Konoha being in ruin was all for naught. The feelings of desperation and Naruto coming to save everyone was worthless when Nagato revived everyone and the village was so easily rebuilt. Even Tsuande was fine after all of this. It's like the whole thing never happened, the entire arc was just a way of revealing who was behind Pain and then killing him which was useless.

You could say "well Naruto grew as a character and in power". Yea well, int he very next arc he got another power up, he barely got to use Sage Mode exclusively and then he got KB Mode while training with Bee. As for his character, right after this he fainted while thinking about Sasuke so I rather not even go there.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

All the gravity of the arc, ala people dying and Konoha being in ruin was all for naught. The feelings of desperation and Naruto coming to save everyone was worthless when Nagato revived everyone and the village was so easily rebuilt. Even Tsuande was fine after all of this. It's like the whole thing never happened, the entire arc was just a way of revealing who was behind Pain and then killing him which was useless.
    That's exactly the point. I doubt any of this would've happened had the PI arc been the last arc. That mass-reviving crap was done because Kish couldn't continue the story with everyone dead. That's why he should have ended it there.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    That's exactly the point. I doubt any of this would've happened had the PI arc been the last arc. That mass-reviving crap was done because Kish couldn't continue the story with everyone dead. That's why he should have ended it there.
    The story could have certainly continued, Naruto was still alive as were the all his friends. Having the older generation killed and Konoha destroyed could of made the manga much more interesting. You could of had Naruto leading a splinter faction of young shinobi away from Konoha after Danzou took over, thus having Naruto not only being hunted by Akatsuki but by his former village and comrades.

Also, the whole Kakashi on the other side with his father was never fully fleshed out. Kakashi could have came back much later and much more powerful as an ally Naruto would have needed after he full filled some kind of spiritual journey.

Hinata's death could have also weighed heavy on Naruto if she actually died. He could have either acknowledged that he liked her and was full of remorse, or simply used her death and others deaths as more motivation to get stronger.

Literally so much was squandered in that arc it's not even funny.
    Last edited by Delbi; May 29, 2013 at 07:58 AM.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Avishek's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

The story could have certainly continued, Naruto was still alive as were the all his friends. Having the older generation killed and Konoha destroyed could of made the manga much more interesting. You could of had Naruto leading a splinter faction of young shinobi away from Konoha after Danzou took over, thus having Naruto not only being hunted by Konoha but by his former village and comrades.

Also, the whole Kakashi on the other side with his father was never fully fleshed out. Kakashi could have came back much later and much more powerful as an ally Naruto would have needed after he full filled some kind of spiritual journey.

Hinata's death could have also weighed heavy on Naruto if she actually died. He could have either acknowledged that he liked her and was full of remorse, or simply used her death and others deaths as more motivation to get stronger.

The thing is, with the events from the Pain Arc to the current trolling going on, deaths have been trivialized. By going back in time and relying on long dead people to fight for the future of the shinobi world instead of those who are the future, Kishi has taken a major misstep. The entire theme of the manga has been turned on it's head.

And while it did start with Nagato proving to be the biggest idiot (even bigger than Naruto!LOL!), the actual fall-down-the-ladders scenario has occurred in this arc.
    Reading is a good habit.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member naruto the best's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    the arc with the 5 kage summit and sasuke vs danzou is also one of my favorites
    Yeah these arcs were great too...
    Sasuke vs Danzo is one of my favorite battles, and we saw the power of the five kage at the summit.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

The best arc so far is this current world war.

Well, as long as minato is present, i'm pretty sure this world war will become a badass and a one hell of a fight.

Hashirama
    Madara
    Minato
    Tobirama
    Hiruzen

This 5 ninjas are no doubt the most powerful ninja, in my opinion, so what can you expect to their fight? Ofcourse, that would be a hellish fight of all time.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Even the legendary Minato can't save this arc. The war arc is really one of the worst arcs of the entirety of the manga. It can definitely improve because it can't get much worse, but its to late for this arc to be any more the average.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    Even the legendary Minato can't save this arc. The war arc is really one of the worst arcs of the entirety of the manga. It can definitely improve because it can't get much worse, but its to late for this arc to be any more the average.
    i agree that it would take a miracle at this point, kishi still has a very slim chance of righting the ship and doing something epic, but at the rate its headed down the tubes , i dont see him pulling it off

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

The story could have certainly continued, Naruto was still alive as were the all his friends. Having the older generation killed and Konoha destroyed could of made the manga much more interesting. You could of had Naruto leading a splinter faction of young shinobi away from Konoha after Danzou took over, thus having Naruto not only being hunted by Akatsuki but by his former village and comrades.

i am not AGAINST edo tensei

however i believe it was bit watered down....

if kabuto would have only summoned back the STRONGEST people, and not shinobi like granny chio (who was strong , but really worth reviving?)

the whole asuma fighting his team and dan coming back to talk to tsunade and crap was just extra drama that no one wanted or needed

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Avishek's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

i am not AGAINST edo tensei

however i believe it was bit watered down....

if kabuto would have only summoned back the STRONGEST people, and not shinobi like granny chio (who was strong , but really worth reviving?)

the whole asuma fighting his team and dan coming back to talk to tsunade and crap was just extra drama that no one wanted or needed
    Edo Tensai has from the first moment it appeared in the battle felt like a cop-out.

There were so many concepts that didn't fit with the Narutoverse before it:
    1.Limitless potential. Get as many sacrifices as you want and you can bring everyone back, with limitless chakra.
    2.There is no damage to the user of this jutsu!
    3.The theme of future generations overtaking the past was totally ripped apart.

Really, if there was a limit to ANYTHING in edo-tensai, I would have approved it's use! But instead, it felt like fan service. And even then, it wasn't done too well.

Asuma had a great end, we didn't need him to endorse the Shika-Ino-Cho formation.

Naruto had already redeemed the dream of Hokage for Tsunade, what was Dan there for? That Ghost jutsu. Couldn't Kishi have shown that in a flashback of Tsunade???

As for Chiyo and Kimimaro, what were they doing there? Atleast Sasori and Kankuro were able to resolve something!

And Hanzo is an enigma. That fight was........listless.

And now, instead of real people, zombies and long-dead friends are the main pieces in the battle.

Closure is one thing but this..................this just felt wrong.
    Reading is a good habit.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

im trying to figure out how some people have the pain invasion arc as one of their worst

everything about that was epic IMO

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

im trying to figure out how some people have the pain invasion arc as one of their worst

everything about that was epic IMO
    The book no jutsu disaster at the very end probably wasted the whole arc for them.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2