Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Buggy's current power

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Buggy's current power

Hello everyone! Since Buggy has now been shown to be one of the seven Shichibukai, do you think that his power has increased exponentially during the two-year time-skip, or has he simply bluffed his way in with the Impel Down pirates he commanded/commands? Discuss!
    Hey, Ace! Sabo's alive man! just thought you deserved to know.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Buggy's current power

I certainly hope he became stronger. Although up until we last saw him, he bluffed his way in both occasions you mentioned.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    I certainly hope he became stronger. Although up until we last saw him, he bluffed his way in both occasions you mentioned.
    Yeah, to me Buggy has always been and will always be a goofy character. But it would be a fun twist if he has gotten really strong and becomes more of a main antagonist for Luffy in the NW.
    Hey, Ace! Sabo's alive man! just thought you deserved to know.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheLuffySmile View Post
    Yeah, to me Buggy has always been and will always be a goofy character. But it would be a fun twist if he has gotten really strong and becomes more of a main antagonist for Luffy in the NW.
    Even the idea of him becoming a powerful ally is not too far-fetched.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

i hope he have become strong and not pretending to b strong

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit i was impressed by his power he showed us in Impel down. He had no problems defeating plenty of guardians and even the floor beasts.
    His new Mini Buggy Canon was also really awesome.
    I wouldnt underestimate him too much, but he is kind of a coward.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

My 2 cents (sorry for quoting myself):

Quote Originally Posted by ukimix View Post
    As you remember Buggy has been in search of the treasure of Captain John for a long time. Luckily, in Impel Down, Luffy gave him Captain John's armband, which contained a map of that treasure (chap 527):

Spoiler show

From that moment on, Buggy was pushed, by the circunstances of the war in Marineford, far away of his search. Once he could get free of them, he intended to restart it again, with the help of the map:

Spoiler show

Now he has a new nick name, which has been translated in different ways:
    Here Aohige's interesting explanation:

Quote Quote:
    Buggy's new ephitat is "Senryou Douke" Buggy.
    It literally means Thousand Ryo Clown.

Ryo is a currency in Edo-period Japan, and 1 ryo is one koban (gold coin).
    That's why I translated it as Thousand-coin Clown.

Basically imagine Buggy as a pirate clown with a thousand doubloons.
    This would give the reason to Cnet and obviously to Aohige. I prefer Aohige's version because it fits perfectly well in the story of Buggy: he should have found the treasure.
    I don't think Buggy will be an ally of Luffy...
    ...There must be alllies to Luffy, also rivals, and also characters like Buggy, which has his own agenda. He doesn't want to find the One Piece, he doesn't want to fight Luffy, neither to help him, but only his own business. I woulnd't be surprised if it turns to be that Buggy doesn't want to be a Shishibukai, but forced for the circunstances he turned into one of them. That could mean also that WG is as blind as his Impel Down fugitives-followers were. But also it's possible that the WG knows pretty well who is hims and what he can do, and that they are using him as a tool to get something else. In any case, I'm curious about what has been happening to him this years.
    I hope that the major events, the most meaningful ones, in Buggy's story could be told with out mention how much powerful he is. Power is not what makes his story one of the most enjoyable of OP.

8. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

My 2 cents (sorry for quoting myself):

I don't think Buggy will be an ally of Luffy...

I hope that the major events, the most meaningful ones, in Buggy's story could be told with out mention how much powerful he is. Power is not what makes his story one of the most enjoyable of OP.
    Yes, I imagine he will remain a pirate with his own interests first, and a rival second, meaning they are more likely to be enemies than allies next time they meet, if I disregard the circumstances.

I too believe he found the treasure of captain john, and he has probably used that to buy weapons or who knows what else, I noticed that his chop/chop powers work on items he holds and clothing as well as his phyical person, so with proper weaponry he may very well be able to attack in a similar manner to byakuya kuchki from bleach, just turn a seastone sword into many infinitely sharp blades and attack at once, and perhaps he has perfected his ability to move parts of himself away from attacks, meaning in the future someone may say his defenses are better than a logia class, since he can dodge any attack by moving a part of himself away, like tobi in naruto does which would make even haki ineffective.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i highly doubt it. yes swordmen can't cut him but im sure people can still own him with the hilt of the sword

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

New Reply