Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kurosaki Isshin

10 33.33%
  • Unohana Retsu

20 66.67%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bleach Tournament Round 2: Isshin vs Unohana

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach Tournament Round 2: Isshin vs Unohana

Don't forget to read the rules first before you proceed. You can click on character names below pictures to go to their Bleach wiki article for more information.

ROUND 2

Welcome to the Round 2 of championship fights of the second Bleach Tournament!
    Here are the contestants who will battle against each other to advance to the next round in the championship bracket:

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament Round 2: Isshin vs Unohana

As strong as Isshin may be suggested to be, I doubt he'd be able to win against Unohana with the 1000+ years of experience, the expert swordsman skills and stuff. Mama captain wins, nuff said
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member xXAshisogiJizoXx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For Unohana, she pretty easily beat an eye patchless kenpachi, who we know to be very damn strong, and not only beat him, but beat him at his own game, multiple times, with each time Kenpachi getting tougher, all while sealed, up until a certain point. That plus age and healing ability greatly increasing her durability and endurance.

Engetsu looks to pack a big big punch, but I think Unohana's parrying skills can deflect it, and without knowing the bankai, Ishinn seems done in for, but not easily.

It would be nice if we had a clearer explanation as to what her bankai does though.
    Not Perfect is GOoD

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Unohana wins this one. I can't see Isshin taking her out. She is pure monster. She took down Kenpachi over an over again with casual ease while he continued to get stronger. She's a monster, I only wish we could've seen more from her.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Despite her strength, unohana loses: isshin is just to heavenly!! Just think of what he did: he was as strong as aizen notwithstanding the latter had just owned all the captains and vizards. Unohana shouldn't be much stronger than kyoraku,who was owned (together with hitsugaya,soi fon and hirako) by a single strike made by aizen. Isshin was at aizen level,therefore he can't lose,not to mention he should be able to use the FGT as well!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    Despite her strength, unohana loses: isshin is just to heavenly!! Just think of what he did: he was as strong as aizen notwithstanding the latter had just owned all the captains and vizards. Unohana shouldn't be much stronger than kyoraku,who was owned (together with hitsugaya,soi fon and hirako) by a single strike made by aizen. Isshin was at aizen level,therefore he can't lose,not to mention he should be able to use the FGT as well!
    We don't consider factors yet to be demonstrated.

Anyway, my bet's on Unohana. Isshin beating Aizen in a straight up fight was impressive, but so was killing Kenpachi countless times. Recall just how great his leaps in power were previously. Struggles against Shikai Ichigo, next thing you know, he's taking on two Shikai Captains at once with ease. He had his strike effortlessly blocked by a single scythe by Noitora, he loses some more shackles, and his strikes were forcing Noitora to block with all of them. He also arguably lost some more just before Kendo, and we all saw what happened there, and after, when he's dicing up Yammy.

Overall, I'd say Isshin beat the more powerful guy, and quite easily at that. However, when we factor in Unohana's extremely effective use of Kaido (to the point that she can bring people basically back from the dead), and I think she'd outlast him. Her Bankai is still an unknown, so I'm not going to really get into that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Unohana wins this one I believe. I'm sure Isshin is strong, but from what he has currently shown, he is not Unohana strong or elder captain strong. She's shown more feats and from what we've seen and heard we can say she was only second to Yamamoto. It would probably be a hell of a fight though.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Isshin fought Aizen not using KS. He was subduing the hogyoku at the same time. Of course Isshin was just in shikai too, so yeah he's strong as hell, but Unohana is probably king (or queen) of this tournament. I don't think anyone could beat her. Only Shunsui would be close imo because the hax his shikai is.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    Unohana is probably king (or queen) of this tournament. I don't think anyone could beat her. Only Shunsui would be close imo because the hax his shikai is.
    Don't forget that Barragan is also in this tournament Not to mention Kenpachi, who is now canonically stronger than Unohana. I don't think this tournament's champion is set in stone yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    PS. To bad you are not 4 years older and living in my country as i would love to exchange ideas over a drink :P
    Tell the emperor that my hall has fallen to the ground. Phoibos no longer has his house, nor his mantic bay, nor his prophetic spring; the water has dried up.- Pythia of Delphi

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

You should take in consideration that Shunsui was the one who was made a Captain Commander, so he is obviously stronger than Unohana, since Yama clearly stated that CC is the strongest Shinigami.

Also... How come Isshin didn't show anything to be considered stronger than Unohana? Isshin managed to easily bring Aizen to his limit without even Shikai! He is a monster in his own right. I think he is around Aizen basic level, so I can't see how Unohana can win against him.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Unohana never lost a fight. Kenpachi hasn't shown anything since his upgrade. So imo Unohana is still the one to beat in terms of strength. Isshin fought Aizen who didn't use KS. Thats his biggest advantage. On top of it he was really subduing the hogyoku. Isshin isn't on her level.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Unohana never lost a fight. Kenpachi hasn't shown anything since his upgrade. So imo Unohana is still the one to beat in terms of strength. Isshin fought Aizen who didn't use KS. Thats his biggest advantage. On top of it he was really subduing the hogyoku. Isshin isn't on her level.
    As usual, you're making stuff up. Where has it ever been hinted that Aizen was actively trying to subdue the Hogyoku and that it therefore affected his combat abilities?

Also, the comparisons made by some of you are incredibly baseless. "Isshin is weaker than Aizen. Therefore, Isshin is weaker than Unohana". So without actually doing anything, you've bumped Unohana above Aizen. Aizen is most likely stronger than Unohana too, so that argument does not work unless you've convincingly argued for the statement that Unohana would be stronger than Aizen.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Unohana has shown her bankai and Isshin has not. Other than that, Unohana has been stated as being the master of all sword styles - she is a master in close combat. She can also heal herself as she is fighting.
    Now Isshin's Getsuga Tenshou is pretty damn strong - if he can land it. Most importantly, though, Isshin has Final Getsuga Tenshou.

However, due to not showing bankai, and not wanting to use FGT (even against Aizen - therefore we don't know how strong he would become [judging from Ichigo is not a good idea imo]) I am giving this to Unohana.
    Infinite RAGE!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azuma View Post
    As usual, you're making stuff up. Where has it ever been hinted that Aizen was actively trying to subdue the Hogyoku and that it therefore affected his combat abilities?

Also, the comparisons made by some of you are incredibly baseless. "Isshin is weaker than Aizen. Therefore, Isshin is weaker than Unohana". So without actually doing anything, you've bumped Unohana above Aizen. Aizen is most likely stronger than Unohana too, so that argument does not work unless you've convincingly argued for the statement that Unohana would be stronger than Aizen.
    He had to. When he fused with it he was putting his own power into the hogyoku. He didn't just let it do its own thing. Read the deicide chapters again.

Unohana said herself there was no one stronger than her but Zaraki, but he limits himself. Who is making things up? Did Aizen use KS against Isshin? Form an argument instead of a label.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    We don't consider factors yet to be demonstrated.

Anyway, my bet's on Unohana. Isshin beating Aizen in a straight up fight was impressive, but so was killing Kenpachi countless times. Recall just how great his leaps in power were previously. Struggles against Shikai Ichigo, next thing you know, he's taking on two Shikai Captains at once with ease. He had his strike effortlessly blocked by a single scythe by Noitora, he loses some more shackles, and his strikes were forcing Noitora to block with all of them. He also arguably lost some more just before Kendo, and we all saw what happened there, and after, when he's dicing up Yammy.

Overall, I'd say Isshin beat the more powerful guy, and quite easily at that. However, when we factor in Unohana's extremely effective use of Kaido (to the point that she can bring people basically back from the dead), and I think she'd outlast him. Her Bankai is still an unknown, so I'm not going to really get into that.
    unohana stated those fights weren't that high,i mean: noitra??? ,yeah he was strong, but what about harribel (one-shot by aizen) or stark (defeated by kyoraku's shikai, who was owned by aizen nonetheless). ehi,are you really acknowledging kenpachi for dealing with 2 captains despite being in shikai mode??? Maaaan, aizen owned almost all the captains and vizards,and isshin was as strong as him.
    Furthermore, in a databook kubo put aizen above unohana, therefore isshin is above her as well...

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Unohana said herself there was no one stronger than her but Zaraki, but he limits himself. Who is making things up? Did Aizen use KS against Isshin? Form an argument instead of a label.
    at that time,isshin wasn't likely born yet, and aizen wasn't supposed to be that strong...

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast