Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shinji Hirako

20 86.96%
  • Kensei Muguruma

3 13.04%
Thread Closed

Thread: Bleach Tournament Round 2: Shinji vs Kensei

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach Tournament Round 2: Shinji vs Kensei

Don't forget to read the rules first before you proceed. You can click on character names below pictures to go to their Bleach wiki article for more information.

ROUND 2

Welcome to the Round 2 of championship fights of the second Bleach Tournament!
    Here are the contestants who will battle against each other to advance to the next round in the championship bracket:

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament Round 2: Shinji vs Kensei

I vote here for Kensei.

They both have Mask, but it does seem that Kensei's Hollowfication looks a bit stronger. Of course it might be a matter of impression, but still.
    Also Kensei does have a very good Shikai that permits him atack and defend practically at the same time, especially with those cutting threads made out of air. He can use them to defend and attack in every direction at the same time. Of course it's not as perfect as Byakuya's defense, but still.
    His other attack permits him to make a ball that looks a bit similar to Rasengan and that explodes in a close range letting him to one-shot tons of enemies.
    He also showed Bankai. We barely saw it, but it has an AOE attack related to air.

At the same time Shinji only has his Shikai that doesn't give him any boost in attack or defense, while he didn't show Bankai.
    His only attack is Cero and well... with several exceptions Cero isn't very good attack.

So, I think Kensei should win this match, since he has considerably more attacking power, while Shinji didn't show anything that can let him to evade it.

P.S. Please, don't say his Shikai is hax and Kensei won't find him, since it's against any manga logic. Aizen proved it. Even Ichigo knows how to feel an opponent by their Reiatsu and tell their direction, so Shinji's child games won't make any use in one on one fight against a Captain.

P. P. S. It's one of the battles that happaned in the previous Tournament and made me puzzled with its result, since it was really astonishing. Hope now it would be a bit different.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Byakuya couldn't take a victory vs. Shinji, I don't see Kensei getting the votes either. I favor neither of these characters, really thought they both should have lost their last respective rounds as well. I have yet to make a decision on this fight. Shinji and Kensei seem to be the two 'egos' of the Visoreds imo. So not really taking their personalities into consideration, which one would be the victor? I can't decide, so I will see the arguments and read their fights again.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

If Shinji has balls to take on Aizen without his mask on, I say he'll tear Kensei to shreds.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, there is a differense to have balls and to actually be able to win.

It's the same as when Kenpachi went to take down Bach wannabe... He also had balls, but then failed miserably.
    You should also take in consideration that Shinji never showed any attacking or defensive move. He only showed Cero, but well... Cero is Cero with only rare exceptions, so I don't really get how Shinji managed to win against Byakuya with close to no feats and if he now does it with Kensei, then well.. I hope people won't remember Sasakibe and his victory after such a fact again.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

uhm,they are both captains and vizards, Shinji is the boss so he should be above kensei,but his power sucks,imo. Yet, I still don't understand why kensei couldn't defeat wonderweiss despite using his bankai. Dunno whom voting for...

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm voting for Shinji. He appeared to be the senior, and has showed a particularly annoying shikai. Add that to the fact that Kensei probably should've lost in the last round, Shinji should win this.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shinji's shikai is haxx and Kensei won't find him.

Seriously though, from what we've been shown about Kensei, he is no Aizen. So just because Aizen (one of the smartest people known in the series) figured out the mechanics of Sakanade that doesn't mean everyone else can, at least in the short time he did. If they could, Shinji's shikai would be totally useless in every single battle he would be in. That being said, it might be possible for Tachikaze to blow away the scent Sakanade releases if he is aware of it before his senses become inverted.

I also wouldn't discount Shinji's Cero since it did quite the number on Grimmjow. I am also inclined to think Shinij is faster than Kensei. I'm not even going to consider Tekken Tachikaze as we didn't see anything from it. We don't know if that explosion was Tekken Tachikaze's doing or Wonderweiss's doing.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen didn't figure it out. He had no need to. He had Shinji fooled by KS so there was no reason to even try to fight him. Aizen has the stupidest fights in a way where you can't argue either way for his feats because his bragging and broken shikai. So did Shinji even touch Aizen? I don't think so. Imo only Yama Ichigo and Isshin did any damage to 'normal' Aizen.
    Last edited by freshseth83; June 13, 2013 at 03:32 AM.

Cosmic Inflation 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Result

Shinji Hirako: 20
    Kensei Muguruma: 3

Shinji Hirako advances to the next round.

You can discuss the results in Bleach Tournament Discussion Thread.

Thread Closed