Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jūshirō Ukitake

7 19.44%
  • Ichigo Kurosaki

29 80.56%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bleach Tournament Round 2: Ukitake vs Ichigo

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach Tournament Round 2: Ukitake vs Ichigo

Don't forget to read the rules first before you proceed. You can click on character names below pictures to go to their Bleach wiki article for more information.

ROUND 2

Welcome to the Round 2 of championship fights of the second Bleach Tournament!
    Here are the contestants who will battle against each other to advance to the next round in the championship bracket:

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament Round 2: Ukitake vs Ichigo

All Ukitake has really shown so far as his main power is redirecting energy attacks. If Ichigo doesn't use GT, he should take this IMHO.

Epic Brofist!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Ukitake had shown a bit more, he would have been the perfect one to take on Ichigo, but since he hasn't shown much yet, I might have to give it to Ichigo.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

If Ichigo uses the same super speed he utilized in his duel with Byakuya, I think he'll tear Ukitake to shreds.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ukitake is a senior Captain for a reason, and there is a reason that even Yama held their power in high regard, so I doubt that Ichigo could "tear Ukitake to shreds".

Especially the same Ukitake that was able to hold his own against the might of the great Yama who in turn I bet would "burn Ichigo to cinders".

By hype alone and potential of bankai I would say that at this point I think that Ukitake would win assuming his sickeness does not set in before he can end the battle.

But as far as what was shown I doubt he would be able to win since we still have not even seen his bankai.

Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo literally destroys Ukitake as easy as he destroyed Omaeda, Sasakibe & Isane.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Loool,what a funny fght! The main character has just received another power up,with the story juha Bach was supressing his power. Whereas ukitake is a fodder who should be amongst the strongest captain but who is ill! Not to mention we haven't seen his bankai yet and wonderweiss pierced him.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You know, were this pre-skip Ichigo, the senior captain hype would be enough for me to say that Ukitake should win here. However, things have been vastly different since the timeskip occured, and I can't reasonably conclude that simply being a senior captain grants a victory against Ichigo (Not the current,"Real Zangetsu" Ichigo either, who's apparently gonna be massively stronger, just the one during the Quincy Invasion Arc)

That Ichigo was simply beast, casually destroying a Stern Ritter (Shazz) then moving to Byakuya before the other Stern Ritter even knew what the hell was going on (Bambietta, for example), and having a short yet telling bout with Bach, managing to burn him with his reiatsu alone and stop his sword in its track with his blut (Not to mention Kirinji's comment about Ichigo's reaction to his punch and how it almost broke his hand, this the same guy that blitzed Soi Fon casually)

Really. Ichigo was clearly one of the most powerful in Soul Society at the time (You could even compare him to Shikai Yama, who attacked Royd directly yet didn't do much damage before going Bankai whereas Ichigo attacked a stronger Bach), so Ukitake needs much more than just senior captain hype to win here, and he simply doesn't have it

I dont even wanna consider current Ichigo, if its true that most of his true power was being restricted this whole time (Which should mean he'd be even stronger than Dangai Ichigo)
    Last edited by Buzz Killington; June 16, 2013 at 03:57 PM.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

While i do believe that Ukitake is much stronger than what he showed so far based on what we have seen Ichigo should win this so my vote goes to him.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    You know, were this pre-skip Ichigo, the senior captain hype would be enough for me to say that Ukitake should win here. However, things have been vastly different since the timeskip occured, and I can't reasonably conclude that simply being a senior captain grants a victory against Ichigo (Not the current,"Real Zangetsu" Ichigo either, who's apparently gonna be massively stronger, just the one during the Quincy Invasion Arc)

That Ichigo was simply beast, casually destroying a Stern Ritter (Shazz) then moving to Byakuya before the other Stern Ritter even knew what the hell was going on (Bambietta, for example), and having a short yet telling bout with Bach, managing to burn him with his reiatsu alone and stop his sword in its track with his blut (Not to mention Kirinji's comment about Ichigo's reaction to his punch and how it almost broke his hand, this the same guy that blitzed Soi Fon casually)

Really. Ichigo was clearly one of the most powerful in Soul Society at the time (You could even compare him to Shikai Yama, who attacked Royd directly yet didn't do much damage before going Bankai whereas Ichigo attacked a stronger Bach), so Ukitake needs much more than just senior captain hype to win here, and he simply doesn't have it

I dont even wanna consider current Ichigo, if its true that most of his true power was being restricted this whole time (Which should mean he'd be even stronger than Dangai Ichigo)
    Don't use the performance Ichigo demonstrated at the arrival to suggest his powers. Remember he had been firing GT continuously at his own face for several minutes & he even released his reiatsu to the max on his own face & after releasing his reiatsu to the extreme to successfully break the jail, he was so beat up, several characters had to mention how beat up he was. Even after taking emergency treatment, he was warned that his injuries were still severe.

Kubo mention this several times so that the readers don't start getting the wrong idea about Ichigo's power so once again, don't use his arrival performance at all. Ichigo was fighting like a ghost & even had the lifeless expression of a ghost.

As for this battle:

Ukitake has a weapon that can redirect energy & with the combination his weapon & Shunsui's weapon , Yamamoto had to watch his butt so that he doesn't get taken out by surprise.

Ukitake doesn't have anything shown that even puts him in the same wave length as sealed Byakuya & his confrontation with Wonderwiess showed just how he could deal with another kind of battle situation. Masked Mashiro easily owned WW in mortal combat & Ukitake got one-shotted by WW when he was staring at him from a large distance & anybody in their right mind expect him to fight & give Ichigo any trouble?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you suggesting that all of this:

Quote Quote:
    Remember he had been firing GT continuously at his own face for several minutes & he even released his reiatsu to the max on his own face & after releasing his reiatsu to the extreme to successfully break the jail, he was so beat up, several characters had to mention how beat up he was. Even after taking emergency treatment, he was warned that his injuries were still severe.

Kubo mention this several times so that the readers don't start getting the wrong idea about Ichigo's power so once again, don't use his arrival performance at all. Ichigo was fighting like a ghost & even had the lifeless expression of a ghost.
    Made him appear stronger than he was or something? If not, then there wasn't much point to saying it

If that was simply a beaten down, battered Ichigo yet he was still capable of 1-shotting a Stern Ritter, then it leads to the idea that a fresh Ichigo (As he should be in this fight) would only perform better. If you're saying those conditions made him perform better, then I don't really see why

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Are you suggesting that all of this:

Made him appear stronger than he was or something? If not, then there wasn't much point to saying it

If that was simply a beaten down, battered Ichigo yet he was still capable of 1-shotting a Stern Ritter, then it leads to the idea that a fresh Ichigo (As he should be in this fight) would only perform better. If you're saying those conditions made him perform better, then I don't really see why
    I wrote that just in case people started using his performance against Juha to suggest his strength (& yes people are saying Ichigo is weak because of that fight).

Those individuals fail to differentiate 100% Ichigo from a battered up, looking dead Ichigo.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Ichigo is stronger overall.
    The thing he will triumph with is his insane speed. Even without his Bankai it is insane. Remember he managed to surprise that RG member by matching his speed and creacking his fist (Kirin if I'm not mistaken) who easily managed to utterly dominate Soi Fong in terms of speed.
    So, Ukitake will loose this fight, if Ichigo gets serious from the start.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't matter how strong Ukitake 'may be', going by what he has shown, he loses this fight.
    Problem is, as hyped up as Ukitake may be, his screen-time is painfully small. Especially with him doing any actual fighting.
    - He caught Byakuya's arm before he used his shikai (not a fight) showing speed (I guess).
    - He sped from Yamamoto and was complimented on his flash-step ability (not a fight).
    - He fought Yamamoto and was not injured (off screen).
    - He fought his VC (forgotten his name) and had a (plot induced) coughing fit.
    - He fought lillinette (toyed with her - but then again, her strength is also incredibly difficult to judge).
    - He fought Stark - this is perhaps his only real showing.
    - He is sneak attacked by Wonderweiss (not a fight).

So, we have only seen him fight on screen once - and even still, he hardly did anything at all.

Ichigo however, as the main character, has been shown in many fights.
    This is added to the fact that Ichigo is insanely powerful. Had Ichigo been trained properly in SS he would be even more so...

Feats > Hype.

Ichigo wins.
    Infinite RAGE!

16. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo wins. The senior captains each come with some heavy hype, but unlike Unohana and Shunsui who've been given the chance to flex some power, Ukitake hasn't actually done much. He simply doesn't have feats that could stack up against someone of Ichigo's level.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast