Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jūshirō Ukitake

7 19.44%
  • Ichigo Kurosaki

29 80.56%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bleach Tournament Round 2: Ukitake vs Ichigo

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament Round 2: Ukitake vs Ichigo

Ichigo is in the big boy league now. I would like to imagine Ulquiorra and Aizen rematches(save this for after the tournament). He makes big explosions with ease now, kirge confirms the return of god speed from SS, and it seems like his getsugas have gotten somehow, hotter.

I think if we liken Ukitake to what we have seen from Shunsui then we have a fair fight with Ichigo comming out on top sine Ukitake gets no bankai

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted Ukitake. He swatted ceros from lillynette, absored a machine gun barrage of them from Starrk (who Ichigo couldn't follow with his eyes) and has the speed to even catch Byakuya off guard. Whats Ichigos only form of a serious attack? Getsuga Tenshou, which imo can be absorbed and redirected. Not just sent back, but also disrupted in its rhythm. Ichigo would have to come up some other plan. I dont see him being able to finish Juushiro with his only 'finisher'. Juushiro has the perfect counter for GT spammer Ichigo imo.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner lyght's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

current ichigo just evaporated a sea with his new sword. ukatake gets curbstomped at this moment

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This tournament isn't using that Ichigo. He hasn't shown any abilities besides the usual GT and some shunpo.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    I voted Ukitake. He swatted ceros from lillynette, .
    So what? Her kicks & cero were small fry away http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...9-page-15.html Not even in the same class as a menos. Ichigo on the other hand took powerful ceros from Ulquiorra & Grimmjow literaly to the face & took no damage but I suppose your " he is senior captain" as blinded your judgement completely, similarly to MOST individuals

absored a machine gun barrage of them from Starrk (who Ichigo couldn't follow with his eyes)
    That's what his zanpakuto is suppose to do That's how he fought Yama's flames. It's his power. I suppose even little details like that escape ya like most too huh? & when exactly did Ichigo fight Starrk's cero's huh? Oh right never! You are now confusing & comparing a person who is engaged in a fight with somebody to backup his butt to a person who isn't. Not only that but you are also comparing the movement of a Cero to the movement Starrk (More reason never to take any of ya'll seriously).

and has the speed to even catch Byakuya off guard.
    So sneaking from behind & catching somebody off guard = being fast enough to combat the God of Flash himself huh? Ok, suddenly the sneaking from behind (something countless individuals had done in this manga) couldn't even be categories as what it simply is, sneaking from behind but it must have other implications like being fast enough to combat Ichigo. Ok

Whats Ichigos only form of a serious attack? Getsuga Tenshou, which imo can be absorbed and redirected.
    Ichigo can & will also attack in close combat.

Not just sent back, but also disrupted in its rhythm. Ichigo would have to come up some other plan. I dont see him being able to finish Juushiro with his only 'finisher'. Juushiro has the perfect counter for GT spammer Ichigo imo.
    When saw what happened when Juushiro was encountered with another kind of battle situation against WW. I mean this supposedly Godly fast Juushiro couldn't even freaking react to WW who was at a large distance from him & while facing WW at the same time? & now he can combat the God of Flash suddenly now?

Lest you forget, WW got his butt kicked easily by Mishiro but suddenly Juushiro is now able to fight Ichigo. Yeah, no wonder I don't take many participants of this tournament seriously.

Have a good day.
    Last edited by Kay3795; June 19, 2013 at 07:10 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I do think that Ichigo would win this fight, but not because Ukitake's fits aren't that good, but because Ichigo is a damn monster. Even before the events of the last chapter.
    He is just in another league. Manga showed it quite obvious in this Arc.
    I think he can easily take any of the current Captains individually. And I do think he can take down by himself several low-tier Captains like Soi-Fong, Komamura or Mayuri.
    Remember how Kubo showed his appearence in the War, when he came to save SS from Quincies. Captains were shocked of his Reiatsu, while he was not even close to his best form...

And more important about Ukitake in particular. He never showed any strong attack. Ichigo will just outspeed him. Ichigo is currently at Kirinji's speed-level who easiuly dumped Soi Fong in terms of speed.
    So how Ukitake is supposed to counter Ichigo's speed and his enormous power and Reiatsu in close combat?

P.S. I wouldn't put Wondy as a bad fit for Ukitake, since Wondy wasn't weak. He continiously took down Ukitake, Mashiro and Kensei and it was unreleased! And then he proceeded to fight Yama, while released. He was around the strongest Espadas.
    Last edited by Jorge D. Dragon; June 19, 2013 at 11:30 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    low-tier Captains like Soi-Fong, Komamura or Mayuri.
    Do you get a kick from grossly underrating characters? There's no such thing as "tier" for captains or vice captains. Komamura is the best at brute force and stealth, Soifon is the best at hand to hand combat and speed, and Mayuri is actually not very good at anything, but he's smart and has as many, if not more tricks up his sleeves than Urahara.

With that said, Ichigo could take on any captain with ease with his post-Fullbring arc Shinigami form, because his power increased by a lot after every captain and vice captain gave him reiatsu and it fused with his Fullbring, and since then the manga has shown time and time again that he's nothing to be messed with. His latest feat excluding this week's chapter was to break the fastest Royal Guard's hand whilst being butt naked, so no Bankai speed boost. Ukitake just has no chance, it's would be just like that time Ichigo could have one shot Byakuya with speed alone all over again, and don't even get me started on his strength and other skills.
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Torran
    Well, the best at brute strength were actually Yama and Aizen I would even dare to say that they were the strongest at everything in Gotei)

And about tiers... Well there obviously are Or do you say that Yama and Aizen weren't in different tier than everyone? Or that Unohana and Shunsui are in the same power level as Mayuri and Komamura?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Torran
    Well, the best at brute strength were actually Yama and Aizen I would even dare to say that they were the strongest at everything in Gotei)

And about tiers... Well there obviously are Or do you say that Yama and Aizen weren't in different tier than everyone?
    Aizen and Yamamoto are exceptions, they are absolute monsters capable of taking on the entire Gotei by themselves but I'm talking about captains, not overpowered freaks of nature.

Quote Quote:
    Or that Unohana and Shunsui are in the same power level as Mayuri and Komamura?
    You have NO reason to believe Komamura to be weaker than any other captain, especially after everything that shows how powerful he is. And yes, Unohana and Shunsui fall within the same "tier" as the rest of the captains, because they have shown nothing that makes them superior to others overall. Unohana was a sword demon and good at healing, and that is as far as she gets. I don't know why you shove Shunsui up there as something special when he's just a good sword fighter but all he does is stand back and wait for an opening or using cheap shots.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    So what? Her kicks & cero were small fry away http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...9-page-15.html Not even in the same class as a menos. Ichigo on the other hand took powerful ceros from Ulquiorra & Grimmjow literaly to the face & took no damage but I suppose your " he is senior captain" as blinded your judgement completely, similarly to MOST individuals

That's what his zanpakuto is suppose to do That's how he fought Yama's flames. It's his power. I suppose even little details like that escape ya like most too huh? & when exactly did Ichigo fight Starrk's cero's huh? Oh right never! You are now confusing & comparing a person who is engaged in a fight with somebody to backup his butt to a person who isn't. Not only that but you are also comparing the movement of a Cero to the movement Starrk (More reason never to take any of ya'll seriously).

So sneaking from behind & catching somebody off guard = being fast enough to combat the God of Flash himself huh? Ok, suddenly the sneaking from behind (something countless individuals had done in this manga) couldn't even be categories as what it simply is, sneaking from behind but it must have other implications like being fast enough to combat Ichigo. Ok

Ichigo can & will also attack in close combat.

When saw what happened when Juushiro was encountered with another kind of battle situation against WW. I mean this supposedly Godly fast Juushiro couldn't even freaking react to WW who was at a large distance from him & while facing WW at the same time? & now he can combat the God of Flash suddenly now?

Lest you forget, WW got his butt kicked easily by Mishiro but suddenly Juushiro is now able to fight Ichigo. Yeah, no wonder I don't take many participants of this tournament seriously.

Have a good day.
    Thats nice. I have read the manga over and over. I don't need the storybook posts and disecting replies. Save your time and reply to someone who wants to argue. I'm not beat. I gave examples of Juushiros feats. Your reply is unneeded. Imo Ichigo is a joke of a shinigami (up to the point where he is suppose to be in this tournament). Your Wonderweis example is pathetic. No one expects a little kid to be possesing the level of power he had. And you know damn well Juushiro frowns upon kids being in battle and wouldn't fight Lillynette. Besides, everyone was captivated by WW's pet (Fura?). Its easy to see how he overlooked him. Just like everyone else there.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Imo Ichigo is a joke of a shinigami (up to the point where he is suppose to be in this tournament).
    You may believe that you're entitled to an opinion, and opinions cannot be wrong, but that's wrong, and your opinion is wrong. Ichigo is everything a Shinigami needs to be and more, especially after the Fullbring arc.

Quote Quote:
    No one expects a little kid to be possesing the level of power he had. And you know damn well Juushiro frowns upon kids being in battle and wouldn't fight Lillynette. Besides, everyone was captivated by WW's pet (Fura?). Its easy to see how he overlooked him. Just like everyone else there.
    Apparently, despite having read the manga over and over, you can't recall events correctly. Ukitake was looking at WonderWeiss and failed to react in time. And for the record, Shunsui failed to react in time too, as he can be seen here turning his head in shock as WonderWeiss sneak up behind both and gave his BFF an even worse chest problem. Shunsui and Ukitake specialize in cheap shots and deception, they do not excel at anything else.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted Ukitake. He swatted ceros from lillynette,
    That's a rather worthless feat to even bother mentioning, don't you think?

Quote Quote:
    absored a machine gun barrage of them from Starrk (who Ichigo couldn't follow with his eyes)
    Ichigo couldn't follow Stark's Sonido. There's nothing suggesting that Stark's Cero's speed is comparable or equivalent to his own. It's also worth noting that base Stark never used Sonido in FKT, and when he did while Released, Ukitake didn't follow it. Not to say that he would have been blitzed either, as the distance and lack of line of sight is a factor, but it's worth noting that what's often touted as a cut-and-dry comparison really isn't.

Quote Quote:
    and has the speed to even catch Byakuya off guard.
    Sneaking up on someone distracted by another opponent isn't a speed feat.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats nice. I have read the manga over and over. I don't need the storybook posts and disecting replies. Save your time and reply to someone who wants to argue. I'm not beat. I gave examples of Juushiros feats. Your reply is unneeded. Imo Ichigo is a joke of a shinigami (up to the point where he is suppose to be in this tournament). Your Wonderweis example is pathetic. No one expects a little kid to be possesing the level of power he had. And you know damn well Juushiro frowns upon kids being in battle and wouldn't fight Lillynette. Besides, everyone was captivated by WW's pet (Fura?). Its easy to see how he overlooked him. Just like everyone else there.
    This is a post of an individual exemplifying nothing but powerlessness.
    Read the manga several times? Then replying against manga fact?

Making big deal of lillynette ceros when that isn't even in the same class as a menos http://www.mangastream.to/bleach-cha...9-page-13.html & when you are told of these facts you replied in the most silliest way you could have possible by ignoring these points instead of acknowledging them? & you "have read the manga over and over"?

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Result

Jūshirō Ukitake: 7
    Ichigo Kurosaki: 29

Ichigo Kurosaki advances to the next round.

You can discuss the results in Bleach Tournament Discussion Thread.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2