Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ulquiorra Cifer

11 42.31%
  • Yoruichi Shihōin

15 57.69%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bleach Tournament Round 2: Ulquiorra vs Yoruichi

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach Tournament Round 2: Ulquiorra vs Yoruichi

Don't forget to read the rules first before you proceed. You can click on character names below pictures to go to their Bleach wiki article for more information.

ROUND 2

Welcome to the Round 2 of championship fights of the second Bleach Tournament!
    Here are the contestants who will battle against each other to advance to the next round in the championship bracket:

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeta42's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament Round 2: Ulquiorra vs Yoruichi

Yoruichi is strong, but nowhere near Ichigo who couldn't do shit to a released Ulquiorra until going Super Hollow on him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

It's certainly not a good day for Yoruichi for she lacks the necessary feats to combat the man of steel known as Ulquiorra.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I am going to disagree with both of you. As for Yoruichi being nowhere near as strong as Ichigo - although that is currently true (probably), I do not believe it is the case at the point where Ichigo fought Ulquiorra and therefore it isn't really fair to compare Ichigo now to Ichigo then. I believe that Yoruichi was more powerful than Ichigo was then (at least quicker).
    As for the necessary feats to combat him - well Yoruichi is insanely fast (so can dodge Ulquiorra's attacks as well as keeping up with his insane speed) as well as being a very versatile hand to hand fighter. Her Shunkō is strong enough to damage Ulquiorra and is not something you want to block with your hands.
    I can see Yoruichi winning this even if Ulquiorra goes V2.

Why is there no award for most enraged?!?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, voted Yorouichi accidentally xD

Ulquiorra stomps her, even without his Segunda Etapa. Remember when Yoruichi broke her arm and leg when she attacked Yammy? Close combat is not really smart against an espada I guess. And after what weve seen, Ulquiorra might be the strongest among them. So how in the world can Yoruichi defeat him with bare hands? And dont come up with shunko, this would exhaust her too much and in the end, Ulqiorra would win anyway.

The only way to defeat him is to tear him to pieces and rip him apart

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Amigo View Post
    Damn, voted Yorouichi accidentally xD
    You can change
    Just click unvote at the top, then re-vote.
    ;-)

Remember when Yoruichi broke her arm and leg when she attacked Yammy? Close combat is not really smart against an espada I guess.
    Few points:
    1/ Yammy =/= Ulquitoria.
    2/ Remember when Chad punched Nnoitora (who had the toughest hiero supposedly) - remember how his arm wasn't broken.
    3/ Remember when Yoruichi punched attacked Aizen with close combat - remember how her body wasn't broken either (by the attack - not by his counter attack).
    4/ Remember when Yamamoto, or Mashiro attacked Wonderweiss (not really an espada - but definitely as strong as one) in close combat?
    It seems that close combat against an espada isn't any more dangerous (in and of itself) than close combat against anyone else - except someone with a damaging aura such as Barragan or Yamamoto (in bankai).
    Also, I am guessing by close combat you mean hand to hand and not 'close combat' - as all espada were fought and killed (except Barragan - and Szayel) with close combat.
    Also, one more point, a very important one - she attacked Yammy without shunko.

And after what weve seen, Ulquiorra might be the strongest among them.
    This I disagree with - hidden 2nd release or not - Barragan, Stark or Halibel would beat him in my opinion. Yammy may also, but at his fight wasn't shown, I am not as sure.

So how in the world can Yoruichi defeat him with bare hands? And dont come up with shunko, this would exhaust her too much and in the end, Ulqiorra would win anyway.
    I will come up with shunko. She managed to fight quite successfully against both Soi-fon, and also Aizen (to an extent) with shunko. Although she said it wasn't easy to control (even for her), she never looked too exhausted from using it.

The only way to defeat him is to tear him to pieces and rip him apart
    Guess it is lucky that she has shunko then...

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Starrked's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yoruichi would win this one. It wouldn't be a Stone Cold Steve Austin knock out, but it'd be a hard-earned battle to the end. Her speed is incredibly marked, her control over shunko is unmatched and her hand-to-hand skills are greater than Soi Fon's tenfold. She doesn't even use her zanpaktou because it's unnecessary. Yoruichi is able to take down her opponent without her blade. Sure she may use battle equipment such as the armor Urahara designed for her, but that's doesn't make her any less powerful in the means that some espada release their resurreccions and gain armor like Halibel. Ulquiorra had his spears and regenerative abilities, however he wasn't able to grow back internal organs. All it would take for Yoruichi is a quick blow to the heart or even his brain and she's won the battle.
    Grimmjow and Uryuu are the other two special war powers.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member xXAshisogiJizoXx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It is really hard to gauge Ulqi's released speed, and technically, we have no reason to say his segunda etapa actually did anything to improve his combat prowess. He was annihilating Ichigo all the same as he was prior to it. And it is important though that his speed totally made Ichi look like crap, and the beating he took was ridiculous. I don't think Yoruichi is going to run circles around Ulqi at all. But I also don't see her giving him the space to use the lance, so she can utilize shunko. So at a distance, Ulqi has the advantage, up close, yoruichi.

I do think its interesting to note that Yoruichi was tagged multiple times by soifon's shikai, though not in the same spot. So to say she will just dodge everything doesn't seem to hold. Granted, Soifon herself is ridiculously fast, so it is really hard to compare all these peoples speeds. Gonna wait for others defenses of either fighter before voting.
    Not Perfect is GOoD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Ulquiorra has more, and better feats in most areas. Yoruichi's physical strength has been impressive, but her speed and reactions were rather underwhelming in the Soi Fon fight.

If she wins, she'll need Shunko. As I'm not big on running with that as the sole basis for giving her the win, I'm going with Ulq. inb4Jackky.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, that's a hard choice.
    Ulquiorra was quite strong and he was 4th Espada. Of course he wasn't the strongest, but Yoruichi isn't the strongest Captain as well. She never showed her Shikai or Bankai, so for now we should judge according her feats we've seen in the manga and well, there are not that many of them.
    Of course Yoruichi is fast. She had around the same speed as Soi Fong. It isn't the fastest among Captains, but it should be at least faster than Ulquiorras. Not that much, but that might make a difference.
    Now, Yoruichi didn't show much in terms of attacking powers. She is good hand-to-hand fighter, but she will obviously need Shunko in order to defeat Ulquiorra. Will it be enought to defeat him? I don't know.
    Her best chance is to try to use her speed and Shunko from the begining in order to try to take Ulquiorra down, while he is unreleased. That's her best chance, since it seems that after his releases his Hollow powers increases, for example Hierro, so it would be more difficult for her to actually deal damage.

I would really like to read some more posts and then decide for whom to vote, since for now I'm not really sure as it's quite close for me even though I think it's more in Ulquiorra's favour.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been thinking about this one, and I'm not totally convinced either way at this point. Yoruichi's speed should exceed Ulquiorra by a reasonable margin, and her focus is going to be on close-combat. The question that remains is how effective is her Shunko going to be, and I don't have much of a clue. Ulquiorra obviously has a more extensive repertoire and would probably prefer this to be more of a ranged battle, but I can't imagine any of his attacks being able to keep up with Yoruichi. I guess if Yoruichi gets off to a quick start she might be able to put Ulquiorra in the grave before he gets a chance to do much. So I might be leaning toward her at the moment, but I'm not particularly certain.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Yoruichi is faster,but ulquiorra is just too strong. Don't talk bullshit such as harribel was stronger than him,cause that's true only in resureccíon, not when it concerns segunda etapa (which was clearly a power up for ulquiorra). He wins.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    Don't talk bullshit such as harribel was stronger than him,cause that's true only in resureccíon, not when it concerns segunda etapa (which was clearly a power up for ulquiorra). He wins.
    I am sorry, but you have no proof of this. You can compare his performance against Ichigo, but Ichigo never fought Harribel (same as Hitsuguya never fought Ulquiorra - 2nd release or not).
    2nd etapa was clearly a powerup - no one is disputing this. But to compare this powerup to Harribel's is subjective evidence at best.
    Ulquiorra stated that at least 3 others were stronger than him. So you can choose either Yammi or Harribel (or both) - your choice.

You may think that he is stronger than Yoruichi, but please try not to accuse others of spouting bullshit - unless you have some serious proof to back up such an accusation.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

mattiaildivino
    Well, you might not agree with any of the forum members, but the very same Ulquiorra actually stated that he was nowhere close to any of the top Espada (including Hallibel), so I don't think he would say something he doesn't know.
    Also, Aizen based numbers according to strength. Even though he didn't know about Segunda Etapa, it doesn't really change anything, since he knew his power level, since he was the one who used Hougioku on entire Espada...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Also the Soifon fight isn't really a true assessment on Yoruichi's strength, She was fighting soifon as a master not as an enemy the whole fight was about the fact that soifon was still a jealous lil cow.

I agree with most that Ulquiorra's Segunda Etapa was not a huge power up but it did give him a dead ability that Yoruichi should avoid at all costs, if she could beat him before he turned she wins hands down but if he did change and had a split second to get the Spear fired she's out.

I will say Yoruichi because i think she has what it takes to kill him before he becomes a threat, she is not naive or stupid enough to give him any sort of leeway, it would be a constant barrage of brutality that Ulquiorra would have difficulties with
    Spoiler show

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast