Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shunsui Kyōraku

23 63.89%
  • Coyote Starrk

13 36.11%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bleach Tournament Round 2: Shunsui vs Starrk

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleach Tournament Round 2: Shunsui vs Starrk

Don't forget to read the rules first before you proceed. You can click on character names below pictures to go to their Bleach wiki article for more information.

ROUND 2

Welcome to the Round 2 of championship fights of the second Bleach Tournament!
    Here are the contestants who will battle against each other to advance to the next round in the championship bracket:

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament Round 2: Shunsui vs Starrk

I think Shunsui should take this one.
    Of course it would be a tough fight, but Shunsui will win in the end by a small margin.

Shunsui's only serious problem up till now was his laid-back character, but well Starrk is the same. They both can't get serious from the start.
    At the same time, Starrk never dealt any strong damage to Shunsui during their fight. Even when he managed to fire his Ceros in released form, Shunsui was still playing. He played and pretended until Liza came and made him come back to the fight. At the same time, when Shunsui became serious his attacks prooved to be deadly, while Starrk's attacks never dealt any serious damage to neither of his opponents even whn he got serious.

Of course I might be wrong, but that's my impression of their respective fight in the manga and also all Shunsui's fights in the manga so far.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd favour Shunsui. When he bothered to get serious, he managed to do some damage. He has the ability to bring down Starrk, I don't think Starrk has shown anything that would be too much for Shunsui to handle.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Crystal Black's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shunsui is very powerful in his own right, but I just don't see him winning this fight like how it happened in canon. Starrk showed that he was very hard to hit even when his guard was down. There wont be any chance or opportunity for Shunsui to land a critical blow like this without serious distractions. To add to that, his zanpakutou willingness to not cooperate until they actualy feel like it will leave Shunsui at a disadvantage. I know we haven't seen a lot from Shunsui pertaining his combat capabilities to its full potential but Starrk holds the advantage in this setting and 'had' in the canon one.
    Smiling Devil

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner lyght's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i feel like shunsui is getting to much hype stark fought him ukataki love and rose in the same time-span, shunsui only won because he and ukataki were playing dirty

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Stark showed us, what he is capable of.. He fought against four Captains and never fell behind. Only when Shunsui attacked him from behind, he let his guard down. But damn, that was an unfair move to be honest ^^

The problem is, that the calm and reasonable Stark at this point surprisingly changed and started to play Shunsuis games. If he wouldnt, I doubt that Shunsui would have won.. Unless he goes Bankai.
    I am sure that his Bankai is stronger than Yamas, but unfortunately, we didnt see it yet.. So i will have to go with Stark. 90% of the fight, he held the upper hand, is incredibly fast and smart, not to mention his fighting skills. And in his resurrection, he even became more powerful.

I even doubt that he is dead. I think he is sleeping somewhere in HM because he is not in the mood to fight the quincies now.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no fair in war. Starrk was weaker than Shunsui (in terms of reiatsu). He fought him fair in Irooni and lost. Starrk called "white" which was his best move thanks to the amount of white he was wearing. Shunsui ate it and killed him his next turn. Starrk loses again. Shunsui dodge his ceros without problem. Even when he got hit with one he wasn't hurt. He played dead. People like to say he fought Juushiro, but he didn't. Juushiro only redirected his ceros. He didn't move from what the manga showed. Once Shunsui got serious, it was over for Starrk. The crazy part is he held his own against him unreleased. Then beat him with shikai while every other captain used bankai to win.
    Last edited by freshseth83; June 26, 2013 at 04:26 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

with out love rose and jushioro's help shunsui needs bankai to win imo. he never fought the wolves and stabbed starrk in the back when he was fighting others.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member xXAshisogiJizoXx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    There is no fair in war. Starrk was weaker than Shunsui (in terms of reiatsu). He fought him fair in Irooni and lost. Starrk called "white" which was his best move thanks to the amount of white he was wearing. Shunsui ate it and killed him his next turn. Starrk loses again. Shunsui dodge his ceros without problem. Even when he got hit with one he wasn't hurt. He played dead. People like to say he fought Juushiro, but he didn't. Juushiro only redirected his ceros. He didn't move from what the manga showed. Once Shunsui got serious, it was over for Starrk. The crazy part is he held his own against him unreleased. Then beat him with shikai while every other captain used bankai to win.
    Shunsui was serious from the moment he released his shikai, his zan wasn't, so it's not the same. Also with the game, Shunsui utilized his clothes to his advantage, he killed stark because when he called black, it was the only color he had, hence it was a killing blow. When stark called white, he had a lot of white, but a lot of grey, and black pants, so it was a lot less effective.

You also have no evidence to back up the reiatsu statement. The only time Stark used cero metralletta, Shunsui looked like he was very close to having problems dodging it. Nor was Stark serious until he released, and even then, was not very serious until Barragan died. Then he was stabbed in the back.

I'm not sure who would win since Shunsui can't use bankai, but to say it would play out the same is blatantly ignoring what the context of the fight was.
    Not Perfect is GOoD

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

what's the point of this fight? we already saw how it ended . maybe stark had just owned other fodders, but now shunshui can use bankai!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shunsui was serious? So he was laying on the ground playing dead because he was serious? No. Even Lisa called him out on it. Starrk wasn't being entirely truthful about his abilities either and Shunsui noted this. You forget that? You didn't mention Shunsui called him a bad liar and he didn't go all out. Starrk couldn't do a stronger move in irooni. White was his greatest color, it was his strongest attack. Mentioning he had grey on has no real meaning unless you can prove he would change his outfit to somehow be more white for this fantasy fight. The point is Shunsui (katen kyokotsu's) reiatsu caught Starrk in the game and forced him to play. Starrk didn't even know the rules but did deduce that he was calling a color and striking said color. Yes, in the manga Shunsui called gray while having no gray on, but in a fantasy fight with each going for a kill i don't see Shunsui giving "hints" like in the manga.
    Last edited by freshseth83; June 26, 2013 at 02:53 PM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Crystal Black's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Starrk holds the advantage. Firstly, his analytical skills were shown to be above that of what his espada partners showcased. Quickly able to discern the attack pattern of Shunsui's swordsmanship. Effortlessly dodging consecutive strikes from Shunsui's ambidextrous fighting style even when Shunsui tried to even switch the timing. Mind you, this is where Shunsui actually wanted to get serious at. Both fighting equally at this point, with neither as so much as receiving a scratch. Starrk was also the first to draw blood against one another in what was a tightly contested fight. It wasn't until this moment that was when Starrk finally acknowledged the seriousness of the situation, after witnessing Soi Fon and Hitsugaya's bankai, respectively. I'd say in a base vs base fight Starrk held the slight advantage.

Even in the middle of a dispute, Starrk still manages to dodge Shunsui(with his underhanded tactics) with apparent ease. Kyourako then preceded to use a Bushougoma (completely ineffective) for a distraction, for Takaoni(which we probably still don't know the full extent of its effectiveness) which was soon disrupted by a cero from Starrk's pistol.Impressive shunpo from Shunsui, but not nearly enough to get him in close range for his abilities. Shunsui couldn't touch Starrk, let alone get in close enough range to use his power. Completely at a disadvantage now, Shunsui was yet again pushed farther away from Starrk due to "Cero Metralleta". At this point Ukitake intervenes, in what was seemingly to be a dire situation for Shunsui. Starrk showing off his analytic ability, yet again. Dodges yet another sneak attack from Kyourako, with superb reaction speed to force Shunsui on the defensive again. After this point it can harldy be considered a fair fight anymore. Shortly afterwards the Vizards show up and starrk combat Rose and Love and is on the brink of finishing them off with his "Soul Wolves".

Starrk entirely unaware of Shunsui's presence and oblivious to the situation, was finally struck with a critical blow to the spine which is painful for anyone no matter how powerful you are. This is where the match turns in favor of Shunsui entirely driven on by circumstances alone. The difference between Shunsui's free blow, (Kageoni) and Starrk's generic cero was that Shunsui hit harder and when it mattered most. Starrk already acknowledged that cero's weren't enough to bring down people of Love and Rose caliber. The same should apply to Shunsui. Starrk overlooked this fact and got caught slippin' later on. Starrk thought Shunsui was hiding this ability all along, when in actuality his Zanpakuto is pretty stubborn by nature. Clutching his wound due to the near deathly blow applied by Kyourako, Starrk is now on the defensive for the first time in the fight between the two. Even in that state, still manages to blitz Shunsui and land a blow after deciphering Irooni. Fighting equally with Shunsui with a gaping whole in his chest for sometime is even more impressive. Starrk let his guard down, and in the end was ultimately defeated because of this. Without any interferences here, Shunsui can't possibly utilize Kageoni like how it occurred in the canon match-up. Shunsui loses, due to Starrk's superior firepower and range.
    Smiling Devil

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member xXAshisogiJizoXx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freshseth83 View Post
    Shunsui was serious? So he was laying on the ground playing dead because he was serious? No. Even Lisa called him out on it. Starrk wasn't being entirely truthful about his abilities either and Shunsui noted this. You forget that? You didn't mention Shunsui called him a bad liar and he didn't go all out. Starrk couldn't do a stronger move in irooni. White was his greatest color, it was his strongest attack. Mentioning he had grey on has no real meaning unless you can prove he would change his outfit to somehow be more white for this fantasy fight. The point is Shunsui (katen kyokotsu's) reiatsu caught Starrk in the game and forced him to play. Starrk didn't even know the rules but did deduce that he was calling a color and striking said color. Yes, in the manga Shunsui called gray while having no gray on, but in a fantasy fight with each going for a kill i don't see Shunsui giving "hints" like in the manga.
    When he admits to going for the kill while Stark was distracted and uses his hat as a diversion, I would say that is serious, followed immediately by "Busho gama" (probably wrong name) to further distract, and than straight into the height game. He was going in for the kill rather relentlessly and failed both times. Just cause he was playing possum AFTER HITTING THE GROUND doesn't mean the attack didn't do damage and take him out of the fight momentarily. It certainly was enough to make him look overcooked as well as interrupt his attack on WW. He was resting no doubt, probably hoping others would wrap things up, which when it was shown Rose and Love couldn't, he came in.

I didn't say that white wasn't Stark's best color. You are not understanding the disadvantage that stark had to contend with BECAUSE white was his best color. Grey has meaning because it reduces the potency of any attack Stark lands when calling WHITE. The rules of the game; the more of the color you call that you are wearing, the more damage you do to your opponent, the less of that color, the less damage. Not wearing ALL WHITE, when white is your best color results in a weaker attack then calling BLACK when wearing all black.

Also, Stark was hardly in a battle state of mind, recalling his fallen comrades while playing the color game. With space and not having to waste the wolves on Love and Rose, than Stark has a very decent shot at winning.
    Not Perfect is GOoD

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Big fan of both of these guys, but I have to say Stark should clearly win this.

I'm pretty confident that Shunsui could have won IF he used bankai like he planned on doing before Ukitake intervened, but without it he was clearly on the losing end of Starks attacks and could not land a hit on Stark.

And lets not forget that Stark hadn't even resorted to the wolves yet.

Without the help he received from Love,Rose,and Ukitake I doubt shunsui could have won using only shikai and since these battles go off of what was shown I would have to go with Stark.

Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to say what would have happened if nobody had intervened and Shunsui's zanpakuto had cooperated since the beginning. Would Shunsui still have thought about going bankai if he could have used Irooni and Kageoni? How exactly do these games work, does Shunsui have to explain the rules? What happened to Starrk's wolves, could they hurt Shunsui after Shunsui called "gray"? If Starrk had focused on the fight instead of his fallen comrades, would it have secured a victory? There are too many unknowns, it's anybody's guess, I see valid arguments from both sides.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast