Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 109 Innocences: where are they?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 109 Innocences: where are they?

Actually, I'm fairly positive from reading the relevant parts of 203-205 in Japanese, as well as chapter 217, that the Heart innocence is most likely already synchronized with someone. Whether it's synced with someone we know or not is a whole other issue, but the owner of the Heart, according to Apo, is aware of being the host of the Heart innocence. (Personally I suspect it's someone we know at the Order who is just being smart and keeping quiet about it.) Can't say 100% for sure but I'd guess it's probably a total count of 108 all in all and not 109. (Actually typing "109" makes me think of the landmark store right near Shibuya station in Tokyo, lol...)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

There's also Ring Innocence retrieved in chapter 169 from deceased Mr. Martin, current status: stored.

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish they had spoken about the "free innocences" carried by Cross. I don't remember anything about it.
    If he had some, they are stored now. But i can also accept him having none cause he was a rebelious general.

I get a feeling that we are in a countdown. When the Black Order discover all the innocences, the story will enter the last arc.
    Unless the Heart reveals that he can create more innocences.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

If Cross had any free innocences, they aren't likely stored. His "body" disappeared, remember.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Not only he was rebellious general, he also received a mission to destroy Akuma Plant, so I doubt he had any "free innocences".
    I don't think finding all Innocences is going to be that important for manga plot, unless some of them will bring new exorcists into the play. More important factor will be strengthening and evolution of already compatible Innocences, especially Crown Clown, seeing as Heart wants to protect it from the Noah.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone, he did have "free innocence" to give Krory, remember?
    btw, do anime's innocences count?

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kannazuki View Post
    If Cross had any free innocences, they aren't likely stored. His "body" disappeared, remember.
    I prefer to think that they were "confiscated" when he finally came back or maybe every general gives them back to Heblaska when they are back to the head quarters. Or maybe they were at his bedroom, there is no reason to carry them everywhere inside the Black Order.
    But there is still a chance that he had some, he could be planning to do a new trip soon.

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by non-chan View Post
    btw, do anime's innocences count?
    Nope. I'm strict on this only.
    Only manga, databook and novel count.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

@HonourPL: We're obviously past the stage where there's much point in seeing new exorcists being discovered as part of the story, but I think the innocence will continue to be important characters in the future. Several people's innocence has expressed a will of its own or taken matters into its own hands. Then there's Apocryphos too.

(Off the top of my head, the exorcists whose innocence has behaved "strangely" include Allen's defending his life or helping him fight repeatedly, Lenalee's saving her life & going crystal, Chaoji's "speaking up" to Tiedoll and following him onto the Ark, Krory's blood battle, Kanda and Alma were instructed to essentially "commune" with their innocence in order to re-sync with it & Kanda's went crystal; then we've got Tsukikami, the first talking innocence we've seen, and Apocryphos obviously.)
    Last edited by kannazuki; June 20, 2013 at 06:50 AM.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well looks like it's 109 innocence after all (and not 108), 'cause look at this description for the Earl of the Millennium from the official JSQ page for DGM:
    Quote Quote:
    黒の教団と敵対する「ノアの一族」トップ。世界に飛散した109個のイノセンスを破壊し、世界終焉を目論む。14番目のノアが宿るアレンを仲間にしようと執着する。

source: http://jumpsq.shueisha.co.jp/rensai/d-greyman/
    "The head of the Noah Clan, and hostile to the Black Order. He plans to destroy the 109 innocence fragments scattered across the globe, and bring the world to an end. He is determined to make Allen, who hosts the 14th Noah, an ally."

It could turn out that the website is in error, but that seems unlikely. I'd say the best bet would be to go with this for now, since it's the official page and all...
    Last edited by kannazuki; July 27, 2013 at 01:19 PM.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2