Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why did Annie kill the two titans held by the Recon Corps !?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Why did Annie kill the two titans held by the Recon Corps !?

Hi everyone

Started reading attack on titan recently and went trough it like a mad man xD
    One of the things that has been bothering me is why did Annie kill the two titans held by the Recon Corps!?

So one thing that has been told is that not much is known about the titans ... so am I correct to assume that those were the first two titans ever captured !?

If that is the case, what would happen if you killed any of the shifters by cutting the soft spot on the neck, for instance if you killed Arren would his titan body disintegrate and you would be left with his real body, or would his body disintegrate with the titans body!?

So was Annie instructed to kill the two titans so they wouldn't start ripping its meat apart only to find a person inside !?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why did Annie kill the two ttans held by the Recon Corps !?

I think she killed them in order to not let Anjie (I wrote her name right?) discover too much about the Titans and the secret they hide.
    About Eren o the Titanshifters in general, I don't really know if their body would disappear along with the Titans ones.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    About Eren o the Titanshifters in general, I don't really know if their body would disappear along with the Titans ones.
    Uh? Do you guys miss something? Let's check the last anime episode: when Eren titan body collapse (no cutted but I think there's no difference) he's still intact inside the neck. And the same was for Annie. It's not like titan woundd reflect on his host human body.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

...which makes one wonder about Ymir's body. She had some limbs missing when she left her titan body. Though it looks like it's growing back nicely in the last chapter.
    -

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by teioh View Post
    Uh? Do you guys miss something? Let's check the last anime episode: when Eren titan body collapse (no cutted but I think there's no difference) he's still intact inside the neck. And the same was for Annie. It's not like titan woundd reflect on his host human body.
    I was talking about the possibility of Eren being hit and his titan body disappearing.
    But I guess that either way the body would disappear.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think if the person inside the nape is killed, their body would disappear along with the titan body.

Ape titan kinda indirectly suggested it when he said, "So you have some idea what's in our nape?" even though he only got it half right. And we haven't seen anyone popping out of downed titans yet :/

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Regarding damage to Titan Body vs damage to Shifter Body, it's been made pretty evident (I think) that the damage to one's Titan form doesn't reflect on the shifter inside it.

In fact Reiner makes it clear that Eren's missing limbs were a result of him not being careful enough when he took Eren out of his Titan: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/176327/..._ch46_by_tdx/5

And well, Ymir's Titan was being feasted upon, so one can assume a Titan or two managed to taste a piece of the actual human inside it in the process. And this is the end result.

When it comes to regular Titans, it looks like the soul (or consciousness, or whatever you'd like to call it) is found in the nape, but there's no physical body there though. One could speculate that probably has to do with the fact the original human body gets completely dissolved into the Titan when the transformation happens, and the ability to maintain one's physical self intact is exclusive to shifters, a fact most likely linked to their ability to control their Titan. All of this still needs to be confirmed/explained in the manga, so take it with a pinch of salt.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bandreus View Post
    Regarding damage to Titan Body vs damage to Shifter Body, it's been made pretty evident (I think) that the damage to one's Titan form doesn't reflect on the shifter inside it.

In fact Reiner makes it clear that Eren's missing limbs were a result of him not being careful enough when he took Eren out of his Titan: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/176327/..._ch46_by_tdx/5

And well, Ymir's Titan was being feasted upon, so one can assume a Titan or two managed to taste a piece of the actual human inside it in the process. And this is the end result.

When it comes to regular Titans, it looks like the soul (or consciousness, or whatever you'd like to call it) is found in the nape, but there's no physical body there though. One could speculate that probably has to do with the fact the original human body gets completely dissolved into the Titan when the transformation happens, and the ability to maintain one's physical self intact is exclusive to shifters, a fact most likely linked to their ability to control their Titan. All of this still needs to be confirmed/explained in the manga, so take it with a pinch of salt.
    Yes, it's evident. During Eren's transformation in Trost arc his titan lost both arms but Eren's arm was regenerated after this.
    Last edited by Demonspeed; July 11, 2013 at 12:35 PM.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it's evident someone click too much the Quote button XD

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

lol I was expecting a long read but what the hell XD

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by teioh View Post
    Yes, it's evident someone click too much the Quote button XD
    Edited. Must be the 4th times it happens to me.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why did Annie kill the two titans held by the Recon Corps !?

How about this, they could have given away annie's cover. As we have seen titans are generally less than friendly to human titans. During the time eren first transformed into a human titan we saw quite a few of them wanting to eat eren. If I recall they even ignored actual humans in favor of devouring him. When annie first tried to kidnap eren we also saw how violently the titans tried to eat her. What if titans find human titans even more appealing than regular humans? If it came to it the titans might have reacted rather aggresively towards annie, more so than they would against others. Obviously the attention would have been unwanted.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well but Annie was in the Police rather than the Scouting Legion, so it's not like she was likely to ever be around those Titans for them to show any unusual behavior.
    Even if you consider it might have been Reiner's and Berth's cover to be on the line, I would still question why is it that it's Annie who does the actual dispatching.

She did bother with going outside wall Sina (it's there that the MP stay most of the time, right?) and going all the way to where the Scouts HQ is to take the Titans out, so I think it's safe to assume there's a deeper meaning to all of this.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Concerning whether "it's Annie who does the actual dispatching," I think she would have been very straightforward in reply to Armin's question "Are you the one who killed them" if she really is the only one to do the job. Well that's my perception of her character anyway.

Basically, instead of saying a simple yes (or more like "yeah, whatcha gonna do about it?") she says "maybe, maybe not" and that makes me think there's something more to it. Just a hunch.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Just to add. R&B still have their cover intact by that point, so if they were really involved, Annie's reply could simply be unconsciously covering for them but she just sucks at lying lol.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I think we are kind of being too focused on why Annie herself could have wanted to dispatch the two Titans like in 'what might her personal reason be'.

After all, we do know there's a circle of people/organizations actively hiding information about the Titans from those living inside the wall at large. You know, there's this whole thing about the government going as far as arresting people who are found owning books and the like, the Faith which is well aware of what's hidden inside the walls, etc.

In this regard I kind of think the OP might be on the right track, maybe Annie (if it was indeed her) was instructed with that task. She is in the Military Police, so the order might have arrived from her higher ups, or maybe she was acting on behalf of the faith...

Annie was acting under cover already and had a mission of her own. A mission which was probably more important than anything else. I don't really think it would make lots of sense for her to risk blowing up her cover and potentially compromising the mission, if that's only to take out two regular Titans. Now, if those were two shifters instead, that might have been very different, but we do know that was not the case.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast