Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: Where's Lee (and Tenten, but nobody cares about her)

  1. #1
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Country
    Belgium
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    60
    Post Thanks / Like

    Where's Lee (and Tenten, but nobody cares about her)

    Well, I know he's at the batlefield but the reasons I ask this are:
    1) He's not with the Konoha 11 (since Neji died there are only 11 left)
    2) He needs to surpass his sensei and open up his 8 gates.
    So I'm thinking Kishi is waiting to surprise us and give him a pretty important role.
    Share your thoughts about this.

  2. #2
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Knightmare of heaven 0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    17
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    478
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Where's Lee (and Tenten, but nobody cares about her)

    1.He's here in this page.
    Spoiler show

    2.Opening the 8 gates means death.It's not really surpassing Gai imo.

    He's pretty much kicked aside now since hokages along with Sasuke (and Juugo) have come to the battlefield.

  3. #3
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,930
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Where's Lee (and Tenten, but nobody cares about her)

    Lee isn't all that important at this point in the story.
    He's there fighting with everyone else, but I doubt we'll get a chapter dedicated to him or something.

  4. #4
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Country
    Belgium
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    60
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Where's Lee (and Tenten, but nobody cares about her)

    He's one of my favourite characters, so I'm still hoping for his 8 gates!

  5. #5
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,994
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Where's Lee (and Tenten, but nobody cares about her)

    The two of them are not among the original 9 rookies. If you notice, Sai isn't in there either.

    Outside of Iruka and Kakashi, the other 6 Rookies aside from Team 7 are the original "Main Cast" of the manga. More importantly, they have serious connections to our main characters if we go back a ways in the manga.

    Kiba was one of Naruto's original rivals, and his claim that he wanted to be Hokage dates all the way back to Part 1. It's not like he came out of no where saying this, this is something he's been talking about since he was a kid. Kiba represents Naruto's personality in another person, but lacks Naruto's power.

    Ino obviously has a connection to Sakura as her best friend but also has a connection to Sasuke, and is truly the only Rookie aside from the members of Team 7 to be connected to Sasuke.

    Shikamaru is probably top 5 in terms of screen time to the manga and is Naruto's best friend outside of Sasuke. He is the unofficial leader of the The Konoha 11, and was the one who got Naruto out of his funk when Jiraiya died.

    Hinata is obviously a love interest for Naruto, and represents his values in a female character.

    Chouji and Shino are less important and get shafted (especially Shino) but are the 3rd link in the two teams.

    What is also important regarding these 6 is that they are supposed to be the most talented ninjas from their respective clans which represent 6 of the notable noble clans of Konoha. It was a big deal that they all graduated and went the Chunnin exams 6 months later. Not even Neji's team did that, they waited more than a year.
    Last edited by Delbi; May 31, 2013 at 11:38 AM.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #6
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,280
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Where's Lee (and Tenten, but nobody cares about her)

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    The two of them are not among the original 9 rookies. If you notice, Sai isn't in there either.
    They are part of Konoha 11 which is what the Rookie 9 originally are. They were only called Rookie 9 because team 7, 8 and 10 were quite tough in the Chunin exam.

  8. #7
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    Sweden
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Where's Lee (and Tenten, but nobody cares about her)

    I wouldn't mind if Lee were to receive a power-boost, but I have to say that it would once again show how poor of a writer Kishimoto can be. Just like with Sakura, he hasn't given any hints or shown us any pages of Lee/Sakura training, and all of a sudden they receive an enormous power boost which is simply annoying. Kubo has been a lot better in this respect. Not once can I recall that a character powered up and I thought "Where the hell did that come from?". He actually bothers to give the main characters screen-time during training etc. so that we know what to expect.

    Kishimoto simply goes "Fuck it, let's power this guy up."

  9. #8
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Where's Lee (and Tenten, but nobody cares about her)

    Maybe in the next chapter, Lee will going to unleash his power-boost. He did received the kyubi's chakra, so maybe it will unlock his hidden potential and in that war, Lee will pull a jutsu from his ass.

    Then to fight the juubi, lee will just summon the turtle island of the kumo, right off the bat to protect sakura.

  10. #9
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,994
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Where's Lee (and Tenten, but nobody cares about her)

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    They are part of Konoha 11 which is what the Rookie 9 originally are. They were only called Rookie 9 because team 7, 8 and 10 were quite tough in the Chunin exam.
    The Rookie's were their own thing before the Konoha 11 though. The Konoha 11 consists of the Rookie's minus Sasuke plus Team Gai.

    And they were called the Rookies because they were rookies lol. They didn't wait to train a year before entering the Chunnin exams. Iruka through a shit fit when Kakashi, Asuma, and Kurenai all entered their teams into the Chunnin exams while they were so young and inexperienced.

    And again, those 9 grew up together because they were in the same class. Neji, Ten Ten and Lee didn't grow up with any of them.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  11. #10
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member naruto the best's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    KONOHA
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Where's Lee (and Tenten, but nobody cares about her)

    don't worry ..

    they just poofed..

  12. #11
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,280
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Where's Lee (and Tenten, but nobody cares about her)

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    The Rookie's were their own thing before the Konoha 11 though. The Konoha 11 consists of the Rookie's minus Sasuke plus Team Gai.

    And they were called the Rookies because they were rookies lol. They didn't wait to train a year before entering the Chunnin exams. Iruka through a shit fit when Kakashi, Asuma, and Kurenai all entered their teams into the Chunnin exams while they were so young and inexperienced.

    And again, those 9 grew up together because they were in the same class. Neji, Ten Ten and Lee didn't grow up with any of them.
    I see, a mistake on my part.

    But Team Guy was also part of the main characters in part 1. So just because they didn't know them since childhood doesn't make them irrelevant...does it ?

  13. #12
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,994
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Where's Lee (and Tenten, but nobody cares about her)

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    I see, a mistake on my part.

    But Team Guy was also part of the main characters in part 1. So just because they didn't know them since childhood doesn't make them irrelevant...does it ?
    They were part of main cast but were introduced much later, like probably two years real time. Again, when the manga was in it's infant stages we were introduced to Naruto, Iruka, Hiruzen, and all of the rookies. Then the Genin teams were picked and were introduced to Kakashi, Asuma, and Kurenai. We then have the whole Wave Country Arc.

    It wasn't until after the Chunnin exams were announced where we meet Team Gai. So yes while we consider them part of the main cast now, that whole scene was about getting back to the roots of the manga in which they weren't involved.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  14. #13
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,280
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Where's Lee (and Tenten, but nobody cares about her)

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    They were part of main cast but were introduced much later, like probably two years real time. Again, when the manga was in it's infant stages we were introduced to Naruto, Iruka, Hiruzen, and all of the rookies. Then the Genin teams were picked and were introduced to Kakashi, Asuma, and Kurenai. We then have the whole Wave Country Arc.

    It wasn't until after the Chunnin exams were announced where we meet Team Gai. So yes while we consider them part of the main cast now, that whole scene was about getting back to the roots of the manga in which they weren't involved.
    Kiba and his teammates started their role in the actual story at the same time as Team Guy ; At the Chunin Exam Arc. Before that, they just appeared randomly without any interaction with Naruto and the others.

    Knowing Naruto since they were kids doesn't weigh much, since they were STILL kids when they met Team Guy.

    All the other Teams begun their role in the story at the same time, with only Team Asuma appearing a little earlies, but still with no use in the story until CE Arc.

    EDIT: Actually, in the manga, Kiba and his teammates made their very first debut at the Chunin Exam Arc. So yeah, they aren't special at all. Since they were introduced at the same time as Team Guy.
    Last edited by KingOfNight; May 31, 2013 at 01:50 PM.

  15. #14
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fighting for the Living
    Country
    The Wall
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,994
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Where's Lee (and Tenten, but nobody cares about her)

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Kiba and his teammates started their role in the actual story at the same time as Team Guy ; At the Chunin Exam Arc. Before that, they just appeared randomly without any interaction with Naruto and the others.

    Knowing Naruto since they were kids doesn't weigh much, since they were STILL kids when they met Team Guy.

    All the other Teams begun their role in the story at the same time, with only Team Asuma appearing a little earlies, but still with no use in the story until CE Arc.

    EDIT: Actually, in the manga, Kiba and his teammates made their very first debut at the Chunin Exam Arc. So yeah, they aren't special at all. Since they were introduced at the same time as Team Guy.
    No, they all showed up in the academy before the Chuunin exams were ever introduced even before the Wave Country Arc. All 9 of them were there, if you can't remember Hinata blushing about Naruto in class or Shikamaru passing out and Chouji complaining then you should go back and read those early chapters. Their usage in the story up until that point is useless. In flashbacks about Naruto and their child hood they were all together, they have a relationship since they were small children, when they started at the academy.

    This isn't just about Naruto, but about Sasuke and Sakura as well and all 9 rookies and there relationship. These kids went to school together since they were small children and the whole remark about them being united is ironic because after spending years of lives together all the time they've all been apart up until this moment. They are a specific group, so specific that the manga has labeled them "The Rookies".

    You really aren't getting the point to all of this and the symbolism behind everything and what the Rookie 9 stands for and is supposed to be all about.

    Looking past what I just mentioned above, the Rookie 9 are all supposed to be special, they are all supposed to be more talented than their peers, hence why they were the only Rookies to enter in the Chunnin Exams. This whole war arc has had many of them displaying those talents more so than before and is a culmination of their story as a group. Each of them is special as in the sense that they come from one of Konoha's famous clans or were trained by one of Konoha's Legendary Sannin.

    Team Gai does not represent what all the Rookies represent, and that is why they weren't included.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  16. #15
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,280
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Where's Lee (and Tenten, but nobody cares about her)

    Quote Originally Posted by Delbi View Post
    No, they all showed up in the academy before the Chuunin exams were ever introduced even before the Wave Country Arc. All 9 of them were there, if you can't remember Hinata blushing about Naruto in class or Shikamaru passing out and Chouji complaining then you should go back and read those early chapters. Their usage in the story up until that point is useless. In flashbacks about Naruto and their child hood they were all together, they have a relationship since they were small children, when they started at the academy.
    And I'm telling you, these "early chapters" didn't exist in the manga. You're mistaking it for the anime. All the other Rookie 9 made their debut in chapter 34, the same time as the Sand Sibling. That Flashback is the useless thing. Since it doesn't matter who knew who, they can always make new friends. This is proven by the fact that Naruto wasn't Sakura's friend when they were children, he was almost invisible to her.

    Before we go any further, you should check the manga and see for yourself that they didn't appear any earlier than Team Guy.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts