Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Possible name for Ichigos new Zanpakutou-

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Possible name for Ichigos new Zanpaktou-

Nah. The sun thing belongs to Zanka no Tachi. I think the new zan will still involve the moon.
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

found some moon translations- I wonder if any combinations of these will be incorporated into the new name- (IF there is one.)

age of the moon -getsurei

bright moon-kagetsu

crescent moon- gengetsu, jougen, mikadzuki, engetsu

cutter-katta-, kirite, setsudanki

full moon - mangetsu, mochidzuki

half-moon - hangetsugata, hantsuki, hanrin, hangetsu

harvest moon - chuushuunomeigetsu

moon- getsuei, mu-n, hisakata, shichiyou, tsuki

moon viewing - kangetsu

Be proud, that after receiving my blade you still retain the shape of a human.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Toby_Temple View Post
    Nah. The sun thing belongs to Zanka no Tachi. I think the new zan will still involve the moon.
    Check this 1.33 minute long video to put it into perspective ^_^ If Yama-Jii was the Sun, then he sure wasn't the biggest shot around!

Ok kidding, but nevertheless, check the video if you want to drop jaws.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBankai View Post
    found some moon translations- I wonder if any combinations of these will be incorporated into the new name- (IF there is one.)

age of the moon -getsurei

bright moon-kagetsu

crescent moon- gengetsu, jougen, mikadzuki, engetsu

cutter-katta-, kirite, setsudanki

full moon - mangetsu, mochidzuki

half-moon - hangetsugata, hantsuki, hanrin, hangetsu

harvest moon - chuushuunomeigetsu

moon- getsuei, mu-n, hisakata, shichiyou, tsuki

moon viewing - kangetsu
    Interesting names, but can't really imagine any fitting Ichigo :/
    Well at least not if it has to be more awesome than his current Cutting Moon name/symbolism.
    Engetsu is cool with the crescent moon and all, but Isshin already have that, this name business is quite tricky isn't it... urgh..

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkBankai's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quantized View Post
    Check this 1.33 minute long video to put it into perspective ^_^ If Yama-Jii was the Sun, then he sure wasn't the biggest shot around!

Interesting names, but can't really imagine any fitting Ichigo :/
    Well at least not if it has to be more awesome than his current Cutting Moon name/symbolism.
    Engetsu is cool with the crescent moon and all, but Isshin already have that, this name business is quite tricky isn't it... urgh..
    I still think zengetsu, would be sweet, - It could be a double meaning between, crescent moon, and "zen" peaceful moon.

maybe the name will stay the same, but we are in store for a new move, like combining the getsuga tenshou, with bright or white moon- like Kagetsuga tenshou.
    to incorporate the white, of his quincy, into his getsuga tenshou.

Be proud, that after receiving my blade you still retain the shape of a human.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quantized View Post
    I saw a similar one. Just that it ended with Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Idk if anyone said this already but... Shingetsu... new moon... NO?

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member R3D's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Kurogetsu or shirogetsu since 'zangetsu' is all white now and did we ever learn of the ichigos hollow name ?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SoulAuron's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Possible name for Ichigos new Zanpakutou-

well, ichigos hollow name has been all but confirmed to be zangetsu, that is waht will change, he will get a new shinigamy/hollow power and the old man will teach him quincy stuff.
    with that said maybe you could consider that ichigos zan was never a true zan, it didnt have ANY of ichigos own talents, only a mash up of stuff he inherited from other people, remember that ichigo never recieved an asauchi, which he is geting now, i think that means that he will keep kis old powers but add his own personal talents to it, because of that it will no longer be zangetsu, but probably something similar.

my point is that ichigos shinigamy powers where up till now just what he inherited from white, plus his fathers talents, plus his traits inherited from his mother (from ywach), they didnt have is own "self" in them, but now they will.
    heres what i think is the explanation to BB having multiple DF:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3373390
    here is what orihimes powers are and where shinigami power comes from.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...t=#post3446556

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ryr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A spacetime/blackhole type would be awesome.

I'm hoping that it's something special and not another laser-beam shooter.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the name will be the same, but the appearance and power will change.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree it will either be the same or it really was Tensa Zangetsu
    Spoiler show

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

moon shadow. I think itll be very similar to zangetsu but this time he will have multiple techniques. I always felt that it was strange how zangetsu only had getsuga tensho... well now we know why since its not a full shinigami sword.

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe the most important point is that Ichigo will say farewell to the avatar of Zangetsu he knew and learn about the real avatar. After accepting it, I think he will acquire new techs and also this might change a bit the appearence of his Zanpaktou, as well as it's colour, since his avatar is white and in his inner world his Bankai was white as well.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I believe the most important point is that Ichigo will say farewell to the avatar of Zangetsu he knew and learn about the real avatar. After accepting it, I think he will acquire new techs and also this might change a bit the appearence of his Zanpaktou, as well as it's colour, since his avatar is white and in his inner world his Bankai was white as well.
    I don't think Ichigo will get a new zanpaktou, he will just learn the real name of it like White or White Zangetsu, since Zangetsu(his inner hollow) was always mentioning he never had a name but went by the name of Zangetsu from time to time. This is probably why he broke it in the first place, because his hollowfication powers and his zanpaktou powers go hand in hand together and since he wasn't talking to his inner hollow a.k.a. Zangetsu, he wasn't taking care of it. But his Quincy powers avatar a.k.a old man or Juha Bach, will not go by the name of Zangetsu anymore. This theory all makes sense because as Ichigo was training to get better, bankai, hueco mundo, dangai, etc. his inner hollow/zanpaktou was getting stronger as well. The only thing I don't understand is that if he had a hollowfied zanpaktou this whole time, Ichigo shouldn't of been able to purify souls like normal shinigamis do and instead the hollowfied zanpaktou should have instead devoured the souls making itself even more evolved and stronger than before.
    In this aspect, Hollow Zangetsu is pretty much the same as Muramasa, a hollowfied zanpaktou always requiring souls to feed himself and grow stronger and evolve.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    There is no reason for zangetsu to disappear though. Zangetsu was not the actual embodiment of ichigo's shinigami powers however that does not mean zangetsu is the bad guy. Zangetsu is not some random infiltrate within ichigo's soul, as of now he is as much a part of ichigo as he has ever been. We now have the very specific information that zangetsu is the one that holds ichigo's quincy powers and shirosaki is the one that holds ichigo's shinigami powers however that does not change the function zangetsu has within ichigo's soul. Even the lie is almost irrelevant and technically zangetsu did not lie, he just never went into details.

Shirosaki explained the relationship between beings who share a body but have distinct wills. The stronger one is the one that makes the calls. So what we have is that zangetsu and shirosaki are the ones that make up the bulk of ichigo's powers. As long as zangetsu was the stronger one he defined the shape of the power ichigo had (so zangetsu looked like zangetsu) while as long as shirosaki was the stronger one he was the one who defined the shape of ichigo's powers (hence how ichigo fought bankai shirosaki a while back). So that means that while zangetsu was the stronger one he had unilateral control over ichigo's shinigami, human, quincy and hollow powers. If shirosaki is stronger then he has control over all types of powers ichigo has. Zangetsu is not a zampakuto per say but the shinigami powers ichigo was using while zangetsu was in charge were the ones he was drawing from shirosaki so those were in fact ichigo's shinigami powers. Zangetsu looks like juhabach probably because quincy powers come from juhabach however that does not mean zangetsu is the enemy, foreign or the bad guy.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast