Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply

Thread: final arc

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner darth volcaniz's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece final arc

so ive been thinking a lot lately about one piece. and here is my theory on the Final arc for one piece. Civil War. Dragon's plans are on the verge of completion finally meets his son, who has just recently aquired One Piece and conquered the grand line. this meeting will be Dragon congratulating luffy on his success as well as asking luffy for help to fight the navy and help him in his war.
    Last edited by darth volcaniz; May 30, 2013 at 02:30 PM. Reason: grammar

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member winterwyrm's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: final arc

Quote Originally Posted by darth volcaniz View Post
    so ive been thinking a lot lately about one piece. and here is my theory on the Final arc for one piece. Civil War. Dragon's plans are on the verge of completion finally meets his son, who has just recently aquired One Piece and conquered the grand line. this meeting will be Dragon congratulating luffy on his success as well as asking luffy for help to fight the navy and help him in his war.
    That might be a bit of overkill, lol, dragon is winning battles against the marines in south blue already, I can only imagine how powerful he must be if he has people like Kuma and ivankov (a queen, meaning all of kamabakka is on his side as well!), luffy alone will probably have the entirety of fishman island, with 100k mermen, plus 10k regular ammo-knights and animals on their side, he might be able to get hancock to defect to his side, and take amazon lilly as his turf as well.

I think any fight luffy has against the marines it would have to seem like he is at a disadvantage right up until the end, though I don't rule out the possibility of him taking down all four yonkou, even adding shanks to his crew, and then taking on the WG at the end. I can see that happening, maybe with dragon becoming king of the world, and luffy remaining pirate king, since I don't see him participating in politics anytime soon.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Dragon is winning the Political wars. we know this. we dont, however, know what sort of military forces hes having to face off against. as best we can tell, hes dealing with local militias. likewise, i see him needing a force to deal with the marines once it gets to that point. i dont think, as strong as dragon might be, he is strong enough to fight and win against all 3 admirals PLUS fleet admiral aikanu. he might be able to take 1 on, but not all 4. and then theres the issue of the vice admirals and the plethora of Strong captains. . .
    the marines are MOSTLY deployed at see to deal with pirate and/or other sea based incidents and threats. so its a safe guess that the revolutionary force hasnt really had to deal with any of these individuals. and Eiichiro Oda sensei has said that the final arc would make marineford look like nothing at all. so having the father and son team up for full-scale war seems like the perfect way to end the series

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Dragon: Ivan's Island
    Luffy: Alabasta, Amazon Lily, Weatheria (Nami), Fishman Island (Jinbe & Shirahoshi), Wanokuni (Kinemon), Torino Kingdom (Chopper), Drum Island (Chopper)...
    Shs have so many allies. It's very very bad for WG if they fight

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kazekaze_yuki View Post
    Dragon: Ivan's Island
    Luffy: Alabasta, Amazon Lily, Weatheria (Nami), Fishman Island (Jinbe & Shirahoshi), Wanokuni (Kinemon), Torino Kingdom (Chopper), Drum Island (Chopper)...
    Shs have so many allies. It's very very bad for WG if they fight
    SHs allies cannot compare to the entire army that Whitebeard had of 16 commanders each with 100 or more pirates, since his personal entire crew was 1617 members, then he had 47 allies(followers) each with their own crew and all of them at least at the minimum level of a New World crew.
    A Yonkou from Roger's period is always shown to have a massive legion of his own people and SH's currently don't have shit compared to what WB had.
    Like how Golden Shiki still had 50+ Ally crews even after losing half his fleet in the Edd War.

I don't know if Crocodile and the WB Commanders and other high level allies would let themselves be commanded by Luffy to war just yet in the story. We're a long way from that.
    Drum Kingdom didn't have a legion of serious fighters like WB's New World Captains etc. Everybody in Alabasta is rather weak too.

The entire WG could comfortably handle the SH's allies at the moment. Its Dragon's Rev. Army that are probably superior to SH+Allies and could soon give the Marineford Fleet some problems.
    (Assuming like how in the Marineford War, that not all Vice-Admirals arrive to help in the war).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BetaRuler's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

A civil war you call it XD? a war involving the world...

I'd also like to imagine a revival of the weapons by then, Pluton, Poseidon and Uranus. I doubt Nico Robin is the only one in the world able to unlock them. The location of Pluton and Uranus is still unknown though.

Plus if there would be the fall of the Gorousei coming, we'd end up seeing the elite of the Cypher Pol come out, plus some other big names I imagine, maybe the Fleet Admiral (Kong at the moment), when they have to answer up to what happened in the void century.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always thought the last arc would be at Raftel where a whole bunch of powerful pirates would duke it out to get One Piece and become Pirate King. Since we are introduced to the Revolutionaries and know about the corruption of the WG, now I think the last arc would be about rejuvenating the world. Dragon would definitely play a key part here.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Otaku400's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the last arc is the last island on the grandline.
    And also of the Island is the One Pice.
    In a other Forum i have read thats the last island is a Demon island is that true?
    Someday a User will appear to save the whole Internet.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the manga has not been too obscure in terms of where it is going. The entire first part of the manga slowly but surely set up the tone for the great war. The first trigger was luffy defeating crocodile which as insignificant as it might seem got the super powers of the world moving. Crocodile's defeat got the yonk moving, luffy getting a 100 mil bounty made him a target for BB which ultimately led to the fight between ace and BB which triggered the war itself.

Right now things are similar, the only difference being that luffy right now can have an actual impact in the balance of power. The manga is going for a great war which will dwarf the one we just saw. Odds are we will see a number of dreams coming true there as far as the strawhats are concerned. Zoro will take luffy's side during the battle which will in all likelihood be in direct opposite to the world government. Mihawk is a shichibukai so odds are it will be the perfect excuse for mihawk and zoro to do battle and settle things after so many years. Luffy will not be a rookie at the war and odds are pirates from all over will follow him so him being crowned PK is not that far fetched. After the war we will probably see a mini arc of luffy and co reaching raftel and reverse mountain. Sanji gets to the all blue here given than the ocean right before reverse mountain is the definition of the all blue, brook meets laboon, the sunny becomes the dream ship finally. Ussop rules at the war so he is acknowledged by everyone as a great warrior of the sea. Robin gets to raftel and gets the final clue to the true history and so on... Thats how I picture it anyways.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member KuroKarasu's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Zoro will take luffy's side during the battle which will in all likelihood be in direct opposite to the world government. Mihawk is a shichibukai so odds are it will be the perfect excuse for mihawk and zoro to do battle and settle things after so many years.
    I don't think that Zorro will fight Mihawk again. My theory is that Shiryuu will kill Mihawk and therefore Zorro will have thing to settle with BB Pirates too. Then Zorro kills Shiryuu and thus becomes the strongest swordsman in the world.

Just rematches would be boring in my opinion.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KuroKarasu View Post
    I don't think that Zorro will fight Mihawk again. My theory is that Shiryuu will kill Mihawk and therefore Zorro will have thing to settle with BB Pirates too. Then Zorro kills Shiryuu and thus becomes the strongest swordsman in the world.

Just rematches would be boring in my opinion.
    I would argue that zoro having a rematch with mihawk is one of the most sought after battles in the manga. I mean, mihawk is the strongest swordsman in the world as of now and a former rival to a current yonko (until he lost interest in fighting shanks). Zoro will definitely fight shiliu in the future but I doubt his goal of being the strongest swordsman will be achieved by defeating shiliu instead of mihawk. Hasn't everything so far been built so that those two have a final confrontation? One that will be heard through all of the grand line? Its the one fight that has been built since the very early stages of the manga. Honestly, I would feel kinda cheated if zoro does not defeat mihawk himself at this stage and I would think most would too.

I guess the big question would be what exactly will be the BB pirates roll in the final war though. Will they be defeated before the next great war or will they take a part in it? I have my doubts about them taking a part in the war to be honest. How would that go? I can imagine the marines fighting the revolutionaries and some pirates but adding in a force like BBs would be too much unless they are all fighting the BB pirates for some reason (but that wouldn't make sense for the revolutionaries). Then again if the BB pirate are collecting abilities like that they will be quite a threat and perhaps would require a massive force to defeat. Just BB having the 2 fruits he has (now properly mastered) or more would be more than what WB used to be (IMO), specially if he has a fruit to deal with his weak defense.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Zoro vs Mihawk round 2 is a guarantee. though i doubt it will have anything to do with the final arc

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darth volcaniz View Post
    i believe the last arc will have something to do with the celestial dragons and the world government

New Reply