Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
MangaHelpers Art Contest Week 35-36 ~ Short Stories - Mythology!
This fortnight's art contest category is Short Stories with the theme set as Mythology, as suggested by Akia999. "Mythology" is a rich theme and people can dig all those ancient tales to provide us their own view about them. Here's an example:
Category: Short StoriesOriginally Posted by A Broken Mind
- All members may join this competition. There is no minimum post or user status you need to have to join the contest.
- Entries for the contest must be posted in this thread.
- Each participant can only submit ONE entry and that entry should be new (meaning it must not have been used in contests hosted by MangaHelpers previously).
- Submissions not following the week's theme will automatically result in disqualification. If you have any question about the contest, you can ask it in the discussion thread.
- No excessive, rude or porn-related texts in the contest.
- No plagiarizing is allowed.
- Maximum text lengh is 50 lines in the post.
- Submission is open until 06 / 16 / 2013 at 9 PM -3 GMT.
Voting DetailsCode:"Theme Name" - "Work Title" by "Writer Name" (Short Story) "Comments"
- Voting will proceed after submission period is over.
- Announcement of winners and next contest and new theme will be done as soon as possible after the voting period is over.
Good luck, everyone!
"Mythology" - "Retrieving Mjolnir" by "yukihime03"
I admit this is not my best story since I wrote it only in two hours and I'm not used to short story, but since I have some time and I love mythology, why not?
It's about Thor and Loki on their quest to retrieve Mjolnir, Thor's hammer. I was thinking of writing a Greek myth, but then I thought it's too mainstream, so I wrote a Norse myth instead. And hey, I love Loki.
Mythology - "Odin, Gungnir and Sleipnir" by FaustXIII
I'm not an expert in Norse Mythology, so I read some details about it in the internet, acquired an idea and made this story. Hope you guys will like it. It's very predictable though. I apologize for the grammatical errors and typos.
Credits: Wikipedia, Viking-Mythology.com
Last edited by FaustXIII; June 13, 2013 at 02:57 PM.