Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply

Thread: hunter origins

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

hunter origins

hey something is bugging me for a while...

The Bible states…

Cush was the father of Nimrod, who grew to be a mighty warrior on the Earth. He was a mighty hunter before the LORD; that is why it is said, “Like Nimrod, a mighty hunter before the LORD.” The centers of his kingdom were Babylon, Erech, Akkad and Calneh in Shinar (Genesis 10:8-10).

so... if you read this from a hxh perspective... I think it's pretty awesome XD.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: hunter origins

Well.. you know... 'Hunter' is a common word in the english language... and Hunters (like the first humans which hunted animals to get food) existing for thousands of years...
    Why did it bug you for a while? I think you had to come to the conclusion that not every historical writing, where a 'Hunter' is somewhat mentioned, is a base for 'Hunter X Hunter' - that where 'Hunter' is more like a rank.

Oh... and please dont search all the fairy tales for the term 'hunter' - or you will think that Little Red Riding Hood is the base for Gon and Kaitos first meeting.
    When (depending on which version of it): "The Hunter rescues the little girl from the Beast"
    Spoiler show

And so on...

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: hunter origins

it came to me as I was reading and it said that this nimrod guy was the first human who empowered himself and battled with god etc... which means pretty obvious that they are not hunting food as any human should hunt for living or they would simply die .

New Reply