Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 100, 101 and 102 Discussion/Predictions

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 100, 101 and 102 Discussion/Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Friss View Post
    He's not complaining about the flashbacks just that they are happening now. He'd rather them happen lets say halfway through the first set and we got to see them play.
    Fair enough, I jumped the gun and misread that there.
    I still disagree though since its better to see the flashback at the start considering there's a good chance there will be several flashbacks in the match since we have Tanegashima and Sanada involved, if all flashbacks were in the middle of the match it would slow down the pace.
    It works best to get one out of the way at the start, not to mention it gave the real reason why Akutsu is in the camp and that he truly loves tennis.
    I've been saying loads of times that "just to payback Ryoma" is a seriously pathetic reason to go through the hassle of an U-17 Camp.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Fair enough, I jumped the gun and misread that there.
    I still disagree though since its better to see the flashback at the start considering there's a good chance there will be several flashbacks in the match since we have Tanegashima and Sanada involved, if all flashbacks were in the middle of the match it would slow down the pace.
    It works best to get one out of the way at the start, not to mention it gave the real reason why Akutsu is in the camp and that he truly loves tennis.
    I've been saying loads of times that "just to payback Ryoma" is a seriously pathetic reason to go through the hassle of an U-17 Camp.
    I guess that would be such an stupid choice, and I'm happy Akutsu still loves tennis after losing to Ryoma and he stills enjoys it. I never would have expected such feeling from Akutsu tough, but I guess "every bad/jerk... wathever dude has his own kind side".

I prefer that we got the flashbacks now and not in the middle of the match, it would slow down the pace. Sanada for sure will have his own flashbacks but not just yet.

As for the match, a win for Sanada/Akutsu is very likely and feels really obvious, it will be an epic match and probably, like I said before, the first double match we get to see with 4 players playing with 10 balls. I'm really looking foward to what Konomi has in mind and when he'll show Sanada's BA

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    As for the match, a win for Sanada/Akutsu is very likely and feels really obvious, it will be an epic match and probably, like I said before, the first double match we get to see with 4 players playing with 10 balls. I'm really looking foward to what Konomi has in mind and when he'll show Sanada's BA
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    I'm pretty much waiting on BA. The BA move not only got past Nationals!Yukimura and had him helpless for that specific point, it also tore his headband and went on to pierce through the fence behind it. BA just seems ridiculously powerful.

I just can't see Sanada on the losing side.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't have said it better myself.
    I'm pretty much waiting on BA. The BA move not only got past Nationals!Yukimura and had him helpless for that specific point, it also tore his headband and went on to pierce through the fence behind it. BA just seems ridiculously powerful.

I just can't see Sanada on the losing side.
    I think the same, Konomi isn't going to make Sanada lose after showing a new aura. Shuuji and Oomagari are going to meet hell when Sanada releases it late in the match. They'll get overwhelmed by it eventually

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the same, Konomi isn't going to make Sanada lose after showing a new aura. Shuuji and Oomagari are going to meet hell when Sanada releases it late in the match. They'll get overwhelmed by it eventually
    While I do think Sanada will win, I highly doubt the victory will be "overwhelming".

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

I guess that would be such an stupid choice, and I'm happy Akutsu still loves tennis after losing to Ryoma and he stills enjoys it. I never would have expected such feeling from Akutsu tough, but I guess "every bad/jerk... wathever dude has his own kind side".
    We just have to wait for Tohno flashback, huh
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    While I do think Sanada will win, I highly doubt the victory will be "overwhelming".

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

We just have to wait for Tohno flashback, huh
    I don't think we'll see again Tohno in a while dude.

As for BA, well overwhelming meaning that eventually Shuuji will be the only one to fight against it, Oomagari for sure isn't going to do anything, and Shuuji will put up a fight, eventually, he'll get exhausted I think.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fayte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My biggest question is the "when" of the black aura. I'm trying to think of different ways I would write this match to make it exciting, yet have my boys win. I'm going to write out an example, and I want you guys to come up with what you think Konomi will do with this match:

[I've separated each match possibility into four quarters]

Q1: Akutsu flashback and domination
    Q2: Ohmagari flashback and returns with a shut down
    Q3: Sanada uses FuuRinKaInZanRai, Shuuji flashback and shuts down Sanada
    Q4: Sanada flashback, gets pissed off and unleashes BA for the win

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think BA will come out sooner than that, considering Sanada even use those for the Court 2 fodder. I don't think BA will 'seal the win'. Maybe BA + whatever Akutsu have combination + new magical physics defying powers will just barely get the win, when they're drenched in sweat and blood and desperation. This is no. 2 and 6 of the G10, for chrissakes. It won't be as easy as 'get the BA out'.

I think this game will last 3 games, just like Atobe's, so... will they lose the first or second game?

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Oomagari isn't going to give trouble to Sanada. That's for sure, only Shuuji. I do think BA will be released late in the match and I highly doubt it will be countered. Just like Fayte said, BA could be released late in the match and I'm sure we'll see Sanada dominating after a hard match. I can think that Konomi will give upgrade forms of FuuRinKaInZanRai, and completrly overwhelm them after a close fight.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oomagari isn't going to give trouble to Sanada. That's for sure, only Shuuji. I do think BA will be released late in the match and I highly doubt it will be countered. Just like Fayte said, BA could be released late in the match and I'm sure we'll see Sanada dominating after a hard match. I can think that Konomi will give upgrade forms of FuuRinKaInZanRai, and completrly overwhelm them after a close fight.
    Ohmagari is the #6 guy on the team. I think you're being really dismissive when you claim that he won't cause them any trouble. I think both of the first string guys will be a lot of trouble for Akutsu and Sanada.

Akutsu and Sanada are going to win in the end, but it's going to be a tough fought match and they're going to need to step up to the next level to do so. They're up against two of the top players on the first string.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KuwabaraTheMan View Post
    Ohmagari is the #6 guy on the team. I think you're being really dismissive when you claim that he won't cause them any trouble. I think both of the first string guys will be a lot of trouble for Akutsu and Sanada.

Akutsu and Sanada are going to win in the end, but it's going to be a tough fought match and they're going to need to step up to the next level to do so. They're up against two of the top players on the first string.
    Well, not that much trouble, I mean, I see the match could be much divided in: Akutsu vs Oomagari/ Sanada vs Shuuji, but I don't think that Sanada would lost to Oomagari if it was a singles match, however, we don't know what kind of combination the g6/2 can do.

The match will be very though and they'll have to use some crazy trick to win, it will be the most epic match of the G10 matches , and I'm looking foward to all the stuff Konomi has in mind. It can't be possible to the No.6 and 2 get creamed, Sanada/Akutsu will have a hard match and maybe BA isn't enough to shut down both of them, altough I strongly believe that if Sanada released it almost by the end of the match they would win, I doubt Konomi will wait that long to show it tough.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; June 04, 2013 at 03:11 PM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KuwabaraTheMan View Post
    Well, for instance, Atobe and Niou in Singles are above Ochi if you break down their abilities. He was No.9 at that,
    Looking at Tohno who according to Kimijima got serious, I see some MSers being better than No.8 Tohno most certainly.

Although, considering Irie and Tokugawa have revealed some Genius 10 level strength in the past, Kaoz and I concluded that had a real Top10 of the HSers in Japan been drawn together, meaning without Tokugawa and Irie deciding to withdraw themselves from the team, Ochi and Mouri wouldn't have made the cut to be in the Top10 since Irie and Tokugawa are just better.

So maybe the gap between Ochi and the other 8 is slighly more significant than first sight, since Ochi/Mouri wouldn't be in the Genius10 for instance Mouri being about Fuwa's level in Singles and being 11-20 level. I think Tohno's reaction somewhat helps this since he simply serves Execution Method 13 into Mouri's head after they lose.

Honestly, I'm hoping Ohmagari has a flashback and we see Kaji Kazena. I'm assuming that they were Doubles partners since Tanegashima didn't travel with the team.
    Its really bothered me how Kaji was off-screened by Oni but its mentioned he pushed Oni beyond BJK, (10ao it must mean).
    I can't wait for the upcoming flashbacks almost as much as seeing BA.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ashore's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i admit we dont know the full power of the black aura... but i would think shuji wouldnt under estimate his opponent. I forgot if shuji was present when sanada first used the black aura. shuji will probably try to counter the black aura and give team sanada a difficult win. not to mention it is doubles... so 2v1 if for some reason akutsu sucks ( BIG IF) or is injured... i wonder if a black aura can survive 1 v2 higher schoolers.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

wtf Shuuji is Japan's No. 2 , BA might get some points but it won't win the game alone. Ohmagari (No. 6!) can't be fodder material at all, I expect him to be around Irie's and Tokuwaga's lvl.

It's highly likely that the Ms win the match, but come on you're overrating BA just because it won a point from Nationals! Yukimura (a slowed version of Teni Muhō no Kiwami from Echizen did it too) and destroyed the fodder court 2. Yeah, it's a godlike aura, I get it, but we're talking about players that are in Japan's top 6 (even more, the No 2 is playing) and I expect them to fight back against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte View Post
    My biggest question is the "when" of the black aura. I'm trying to think of different ways I would write this match to make it exciting, yet have my boys win. I'm going to write out an example, and I want you guys to come up with what you think Konomi will do with this match:

[I've separated each match possibility into four quarters]

Q1: Akutsu flashback and domination
    Q2: Ohmagari flashback and returns with a shut down
    Q3: Sanada uses FuuRinKaInZanRai, Shuuji flashback and shuts down Sanada
    Q4: Sanada flashback, gets pissed off and unleashes BA for the win
    ...does the ref get a flashback too? Since when every character in a doubles match gets a flashback for himself lol.

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Also, why would Konomi use a move (that we know Sanada already had ages ago) to make him win? That's so... meh.

I want to see Sanada showing that he learnt something else, and even developing during the match.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, for instance, Atobe and Niou in Singles are above Ochi if you break down their abilities. He was No.9 at that,
    Looking at Tohno who according to Kimijima got serious, I see some MSers being better than No.8 Tohno most certainly.
    I actually don't see Niou beating Ochi due to he'll not be beating Mach enough times. It'll be 7-6 fo the first two set match in how know what favor and 6-0 in the end. I can see Atobe using Atobe Kingdom to beat Ochi now that he don't have to looks for overlapping absolute blind spot of two players, though.

Tohno is a maybe, but then, he apparently solo the team who is stronger than the ex #1 team of MS National by himself.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast